Our Starting 22 - Round 1 2022

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure it's fair to judge number of goals for our forwards in the 2nd half of the season this year when the ball didn't get in there much, and when it did, it was a high bomb and nothing like how it had been coming in for the previous 4 years. On top of that, the small forwards, unlike previous seasons, were not doing their job, resulting in a compete breakdown of the system.
New forward coach and no doubt changes to the system, injury free Jack and Lunch and let's then judge if Jack is done.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Hard to argue with this

I reckon shorty needs a good start to the year
He was really disappointing this year imo

I know he has some credits in the bank but be good if the kids could put some pressure on him

Sounds like stack needs to improve training. If he doesn't come up George would be next man in is my guess. Clarke might even grab the spot

Hopefully banks. Brown. Mansell etc. Put pressure on short to play well

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
With Teague now on board
I used to get infuriated watching that crab Jenkins get goals from the square

I called him cheapies Jenkins for years
How fantastic will it be if it’s lynch getting those goals next year. Will infuriate opposition supporters endlessly which will be fantastic

I can definitely see him kicking 50+
Our ball movement will change this off season and with him already running and training he knows it’s a huge year coming up. Can see him becoming vice captain Also

huge year for lynch coming up!

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
No chance Jack plays another couple of years. Bar his 6 goal haul in his 300th, his back half of the year fell off a cliff. I'm not even sure he ave 1 goal a game if you take the 3ooth game out.

We all love JR, and no one wants him to retire early, but I'm not even confident he sees this year out.

In fact I have said on here multiple times, the only way I see JR playing all year and still having a significant impact is if we rest him every 3rd or 4th game during the season. At best he play 15 out of a possible 25 games IMO. Or when he does play, we get nothing out of him.

Jack has exactly the type of game that will allow him to play on longer than expected. Jack is not an explosive athlete, dependent upon his endurance or speed. Jack is a very clever forward who uses his guile and leading patterns to find space in congestion and create goals for others.

I feel you are writing him off too soon based on his age due to his numbers in the latter half of the season when the team as a whole were under performing. If you look at any of the other forwards over the same period, there numbers are weak also but because of their age you are not calling for their retirement.

For me, I'd like Jack playing closer to goal and Tom further up the ground. I feel that was the plan but Lynch had his injury issues which derailed this concept. Next year I expect this to be more the strategy and, with better midfield delivery, we'll see Jack's numbers go up once again.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack has exactly the type of game that will allow him to play on longer than expected. Jack is not an explosive athlete, dependent upon his endurance or speed. Jack is a very clever forward who uses his guile and leading patterns to find space in congestion and create goals for others.

I feel you are writing him off too soon based on his age due to his numbers in the latter half of the season when the team as a whole were under performing. If you look at any of the other forwards over the same period, there numbers are weak also but because of their age you are not calling for their retirement.

For me, I'd like Jack playing closer to goal and Tom further up the ground. I feel that was the plan but Lynch had his injury issues which derailed this concept. Next year I expect this to be more the strategy and, with better midfield delivery, we'll see Jack's numbers go up once again.
Totally agree... Just finishing watching the 2019 h & a and Lynch regularly pushing up to the wings and getting involved was huge. Now his knees are good to go again next season, he plays that role and Jack organise things deep forward. He could be the 3rd tall if we can get Ryan firing, or when Soldo rests.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

This^ gif | This^/THIS GUY GETS IT | Know Your Meme

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
B N.Vlaustin N.Balta D.Grimes
HB D.Rioli R.Tarrant J.Short
C T.Dow J.Graham S.Bolton
HF J.Caddy T.Lynch L.Baker
F S.Stack J.Riewoldt J.Castanga
FOLL: T.Nankervis D.Martin D.Prestia
INTER: T.Cotchin, S.Edwards, I.Soldo, RCD

Emergencies
J.Ross, R.Mansell, K.Mclntosh, H.Ralphsmith,
B.Miller, N.Cumberland, K.Lambert, J.Gibcus,
M.Rioli, T.Brown, S.Ryan, T.Sonsie, J.Clarke,
J.Aarts, N.Broad

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond

Emergencies
J.Aarts, N.Broad
Lambert.... Ummm... Nope!!!! Try again!!!!

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

Emergencies
J.Aarts, N.Broad

Lack of respect for Nathan Broad. He walks into our best team

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Well someone needs to come out. Lambert's magnet goes up very early.
100%
Depth looks great though is all I’m saying

I remember the days of guys like gourdis and Hicks as rookies
Now we have pickett a premiership player in the same list along with potential talented guys in miller and biggie
Add in aarts as nice depth along with Parker and you have insane talent everywhere
That’s without mentioning stack and even colina who could be anything as a 7ft prospect

My team for round 1 would be something like this

Grimes Balta short
Vlastuin tarrant broad
Mcintosh Cotchin Rioli
Lambert lynch edwards
Bolton Riewoldt stack
Nank Dusty Prestia

bench baker Soldo Graham Rcd

with Castagna injury sub

Vfl should be fun next year

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
100%
DepthMy team for round 1 would be something like this

Grimes Balta short
Vlastuin tarrant broad
Mcintosh Cotchin Rioli
Lambert lynch edwards
Bolton Riewoldt stack
Nank Dusty Prestia

with Castagna injury sub

Good side, I’d probably only not have RCD in our strongest side …. unfortunately I’m far from convinced.

I am also concerned with our KPF depth and wonder if perhaps there’s a free agent key forward we have designs on for 23.

100%
Depth looks great though is all I’m saying

I remember the days of guys like gourdis and Hicks as rookies
Now we have pickett a premiership player in the same list along with potential talented guys in miller and biggie
Add in aarts as nice depth along with Parker and you have insane talent everywhere
That’s without mentioning stack and even colina who could be anything as a 7ft prospect

My team for round 1 would be something like this

Grimes Balta short
Vlastuin tarrant broad
Mcintosh Cotchin Rioli
Lambert lynch edwards
Bolton Riewoldt stack
Nank Dusty Prestia

with Castagna injury sub

You had me convinced until I saw Rioli & RCD before Mansell. I am hoping over the preseason one of our recruits shows enough to force his way past one of the fringe players. I want us to be close to full strength whilst blooding some youth.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
the future 2022 premiership side , from the backline

Grimes Tarrant Baker
Brown Vlaustin Broad
Dow Prestia Mcintosh
Gibcus Lambert Reiwoldt
Clarke Lynch Stack

Nankervis Martin Bolton

inter: Soldo Cotchin Sonsie Balta

Sub: Edwards

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
the future 2022 premiership side , from the backline

Grimes Tarrant Baker
Brown Vlaustin Broad
Dow Prestia Mcintosh
Gibcus Lambert Reiwoldt
Clarke Lynch Stack

Nankervis Martin Bolton

inter: Soldo Cotchin Sonsie Balta

Sub: Edwards
That team in 2022 would lose by 100 points to the Suns.

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers

Emergencies
J.Aarts, N.Broad
anyone that doesnt play pickett has rocks in his head.

Moppey

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure it's fair to judge number of goals for our forwards in the 2nd half of the season this year when the ball didn't get in there much, and when it did, it was a high bomb and nothing like how it had been coming in for the previous 4 years. On top of that, the small forwards, unlike previous seasons, were not doing their job, resulting in a compete breakdown of the system.
New forward coach and no doubt changes to the system, injury free Jack and Lunch and let's then judge if Jack is done.
Not sure thats right First half of the year we took it inside fifty for more than 50 entries on 5 occasions. The same can be said for the second half of the season.

Every other time first half of the year or second half we took it inside Fifty 40 to 49 times. I dont think a hell of a lot changed right thru the season.

Of course there are outliers RND 1 we took it in 75 times for just 15 goals. And there was the StKilda game rnd 5 where we had 64 entries for 20 goals where as the saints had just 33 entries.
Imo the stats reinforce the view that we could no longer lock the ball in the forward half most weeks and we got hurt at clearances and contested ball which gave opposition the opportunity to move the ball quickly before players could flood back.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure thats right First half of the year we took it inside fifty for more than 50 entries on 5 occasions. The same can be said for the second half of the season.

Every other time first half of the year or second half we took it inside Fifty 40 to 49 times. I dont think a hell of a lot changed right thru the season.

Of course there are outliers RND 1 we took it in 75 times for just 15 goals. And there was the StKilda game rnd 5 where we had 64 entries for 20 goals where as the saints had just 33 entries.
Imo the stats reinforce the view that we could no longer lock the ball in the forward half most weeks and we got hurt at clearances and contested ball which gave opposition the opportunity to move the ball quickly before players could flood back.
As you know, stats indicate certain things and mislead in other ways. A mid who racks up 40 + sideways and give and receive meaningless possies.
I think with the entries, it was how the pill came in. Seemed I was watching a different team with that to previous years.
Lynch carried and injury through a large part of the season and the usual mids were missing, causing poor entries, all were probable factors imo.
And you mentioned the loss of the forward press.
Hoping for a new game plan for the forwards TBH. Looking forward to it.

Moppey

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally I can’t see Macintosh not being a starting 18 wingman for tigers. He’s a great two way runner and finishes goals on the run. Had a down year last year but has played really well in big games in the past.

he’s a certainty for me.
Hes a great two way runner who hardly touches the ball and he kicked just one goal this yr. He goes at 1 every 4 games for his career hes hardly a goal kicking wingman.

Big problem for us with the rule changes that have happened is our poor disposal and McIntosh is a big part of that problem
.Fumbles and double clutching at balls dont come up in the stats but he is always doing it.
We want to get better next year then id say finding someone who can kick well and run hard on his wing would be a start.

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Hes a great two way runner who hardly touches the ball and he kicked just one goal this yr. He goes at 1 every 4 games for his career hes hardly a goal kicking wingman.

Big problem for us with the rule changes that have happened is our poor disposal and McIntosh is a big part of that problem
.Fumbles and double clutching at balls dont come up in the stats but he is always doing it.
We want to get better next year then id say finding someone who can kick well and run hard on his wing would be a start.
I disagree with most of that but he definitely didn’t have his best year last year. But neither did a lot of players on the tigers list.

He was Fifth in the bnf in 2020 and that’s not something to be overlooked. For mine he’s a crucial part of the tigers best 22 next year.

Back