Our success

Remove this Banner Ad

Has turned a chunk of our supporter base into self entitled *******s. If you wonder why some of us older posters don’t bother too much posting anymore, just read next weeks game thread.
Some of the stuff written about our premiership players is disgraceful.
Adios amogos.

Has turned a chunk of our supporter base into self entitled *******s. If you wonder why some of us older posters don’t bother too much posting anymore, just read next weeks game thread.
Adios amogos.
Loosen up mate as supporters appreciate everything our past champions have achieved. I think some are more disappointed with the fact that our best 22 hasn't been picked weekly bc of some of these players are well passed it and we've lost games bc of it. There is no point creating threads like this and turning on our own supporters bc they're voicing a commonsense opinion.

Melt GIF by Minions

Love a CB17 melt. Best

Adios amogos.
I'm a glass half full kinda person. Happy for our champions going out on their own terms and to be celebrated for their achievements. Always sad seeing great players where the mind is willing but the body says it can't do it anymore (Big sexy Dave and Lambo). Having the youth coming through and learning off the veterans is always exciting for me. It's what makes a great club culture and keeps the true fans supporting thru thick and thin.

Last edited:
I’d rather read a realistic critique - positive or negative - on a player (sad fact is some premiership players were deadset lucky) than the continued negative tripe about everything being a conspiracy theory to stop Richmond. Like we have the biggest membership in the league and some clown is advocating the AFL wants Collingwood in the finals to boost crowds and interest 😩☝️

Don't even try and suggest that our era is over and that a rebuild of sorts is required, because it means you have no faith in the club. The writing has been on the wall for over a season now and yet people still insist that our premiership heroes can somehow recapture their form from 2017-2020 and carry us to glory again.

Still reckon we'll win the next 3 flags

Ego isn't going to leave for a few years yet :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make a great point CB17. For anyone following the club since the 60s 70s etc or longer, how could you be anything but overjoyed at the last five years. Sure it's beginning to wind down and the next group are starting to come through but geez, it's also exciting seeing kids drafted and given a go as the old boys are given every opportunity to go out gracefully and on their own terms.

They've earned it and the way they've been attacked in this forum Cotch (unbelievably) Jack, Grimes, Shedda (seriously some wanted him dropped on 299 games!) and Lambo to name a few for going on too long, not giving any effort and basically just hated on, makes me wonder what kind of supporter crew we really have.

Let alone calls for Dimma's head. Dimma should never have to buy himself another beer in his life !

There are ******* IMMORTALS of the club and you're just a paying member of the public who probably couldn't get a kick in a cow shed. Pull your heads in and enjoy the ride.

I hope it is just trolls because if not, some regulars here are greedy, sore losers and have ******* short memories.

Adios amogos.

Couldn’t agree more CB. I just said a similar thing in another thread. Posters you never see on here much suddenly pop up to take pot shots when things aren’t going so well. Get a grip you people, you don’t know when you’re well off.

I am not sure this is correct.
This place has always turned rancid when we are losing with people coming out of the woodwork to vent.
But it would be an interesting study to see if failure directly after success hightened supporters poor behavior verses failure directly after failure.

Loosen up mate as supporters appreciate everything our past champions have achieved. I think some are more disappointed with the fact that our best 22 hasn't been picked weekly bc of some of these players are well passed it and we've lost games bc of it. There is no point creating threads like this and turning on our own supporters bc they're voicing a commonsense opinion.
After the 37 year drought. In this era to win one flag: amazing three flags: ecstasy. There's 100,000 opinions on who should retire; the coaching panel; trade targets; list managagement; week to week team selection.

Lots of personnel loss of asst coaches.

The team just never really got their heads around "STAND" last year and dissent this year. Lots of ill discipline.

Doesn't really get much more self entitled than 'I'm taking my bat and ball and stumps home' and not posting any more because, well, how dare you disagree with my point of view.
Don't believe it's about a disagreement on opinion but more to do with the disrespect being shown at players who were part of the successful years and now that things aren't going so well, they get absolutely slammed. Seriously some of the vitriol aimed at Castagna in particular while sitting behind a keyboard and the safety of posters anonymous online persona was way over the top and it hasn't just been him, some higher rated premiership stars have also been disrespected. No wonder we're known for eating our own.

Don't believe it's about a disagreement on opinion but more to do with the disrespect being shown at players who were part of the successful years and now that things aren't going so well, they get absolutely slammed. Seriously some of the vitriol aimed at Castagna in particular while sitting behind a keyboard and the safety of posters anonymous online persona was way over the top and it hasn't just been him, some higher rated premiership stars have also been disrespected. No wonder we're known for eating our own.
Correct. Everyone is entitled and encouraged to give their opinion. But shitting on our own players who try their guts out despite some pretty obvious limitations in the hardest game to play in the world at this level is pretty rank. It's one thing to be disappointed, quite another to spew bile at our own team.

That's not giving an opinion, it's just a cheap shot because you can't control your emotions. Leave cheap shots to Geelong half back flankers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back