Our success

Remove this Banner Ad

Has turned a chunk of our supporter base into self entitled *******s. If you wonder why some of us older posters don’t bother too much posting anymore, just read next weeks game thread.
Some of the stuff written about our premiership players is disgraceful.
Adios amogos.
Agree with you 100% .

I've only posted once on this board since Carlton loss in Round 1. So many hostile ,ill informed bandwagoners. It aint a safe place and the disrespect to our players and other posters is at proportions you'd expect to see from the Druggies.

From Round 1 The attacks on JR8 ,Cotch ,Pickett , Grimes ,Nank and others have been embarrassing. I hate to loose but wow we have some morons.
As for piling onto Tarrant after the first few rounds well fk me.

Its a sad day when your premiership stars retire. I remember when Flea , Ghost , the General and Roachy retired. It took along time to get new members into that club ! But some of our nuffies want to retire them.

I say FRO to Essendon if you cant loose with a tad of grace and appreciate what those premiership superstars have spoilt us with.

Here comes the lunatic fringe.....

I agree with what you're saying. I always find it amazing to watch how quickly supporters turn on the same players, coach and admin that brought them so much recent joy. We literally won 3 flags in the last 6 years! Any other club supporter would sell their left knacker for that sort of success!!!

But I get it - it's frustrating watching our team under-perform and start to decline. I want them to keep winning forever just like I wanted to be 18 forever....but Father Time catches up with us all. It's why I purposefully don't post straight after a loss. My first reaction is always to emotionally spew all over my keyboard. Given a little time to cool down though, I can usually see the loss for what it was...usually.

I get people venting but take a breath, but we literally have very little baring on anything that happens on that field. The biggest difference I felt I ever made was when I contributed to the Fighting Tiger Fund that helped us get the resources and coaches we needed to develop our players. That are screaming my lungs out at every game! :laughing:

When we do lose and players I best wayfind a recent replay of one of our flags, and all of a sudden these looses are much easier to bear! :cool:

I'll be at the game this weekend. It's a big one. Shedda's 300th and our last roll of the dice for finals in 2022. More than anything though, I'm going along to try and enjoy the day. Great if we get the win, but worst case scenario I'll get to watch Lynch take a few marks, Shedda create a goal with a ridiculous no-look handball and Rance Mk2 make an athletic spoil when all seems lost.

Go Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back