Analysis Our TEN best players and only ten

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who are our top ten players?

Who do rate best?

Whatever criteria you like.

But only list ten.

Is it a simple to do or not?

How do you include ageing players, or you don’t.

How do you include injured players or you don’t?

• Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Jordan De Goey
  • Jamie Elliott
  • Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Jack Crisp
  • Darcy Moore

Currently? In no particular order

Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Grundy
De Goey
Moore
Elliott
Langdon
Crisp
Adams
Treloar

Pendles the best by a fair margin. Grundy closing fast.

Currently? In no particular order

Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Grundy
De Goey
Moore
Elliott
Langdon
Crisp
Adams
Treloar

Pendles the best by a fair margin. Grundy closing fast.
Order is way too hard.

Are you going to collate the responses?

Are you going to collate the responses?
Happy to do so, didn’t think of that.

Why not.

I’ll, likely do it near start next game so we’ll have a while.

Dunno but I reckon Brayden Maynard has wedged himself in there
It’s an interesting exercise, so for Maynard to make it, and you select nine more, you might find some are missing you’d really want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an interesting exercise, so for Maynard to make it, and you select nine more, you might find some are missing you’d really want.
Would be easier if it was best dozen players.
I personally rate Maynard higher than Crisp who a lot seem to rate very highly - Maynard has improved his decision making tenfold, and he simply doesnt get beaten by his man anymore like he used to. Great set of hands too and doesn't mind an intercept mark.

Actually I'll finish the job

1. Brodie Grundy
2. Scott Pendlebury
3. Adam Treloar
4. Steele Sidebottom
5. Taylor Adams
6. Jordan De Goey
7. Darcy Moore
8. Tom Langdon
9. Brayden Maynard
10. Jaidyn Stephenson

Top few based on longevity whilst the bottom group is based more on recent form, since we don't have many who have been stars for several years.

In rough order:

Pendlebury
Grundy
Sidebottom
De Goey
Moore
Adams
Treloar
Crisp
Howe
Stephenson

Only really feel the last 2 are up for debate at this time. Crisp has been so consistent for the entire time he's been at the Pies I feel we take him for granted. Howe has held a rag tag backline together in recent years and Stevo is already winning games off his own boot so they get a run.

Maynard, Langdon, Elliott the unlucky ones. Elliott would be a walk-up start if he could, you know, walk up and start on a regular basis.

1. Grundy
2. Pendlebury
3. Treloar
4. Sidebottom
5. Crisp
6. DeGoey
7. Howe
8. Stephenson
9. Adams
10. Moore

My list takes into account how good the player is (IMO), as well as how available/durable they are. In other words, a closer reflection of their real life output/production.

• Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Jordan De Goey
  • Jamie Elliott
  • Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Jack Crisp
  • Darcy Moore

Jesus Christ. Not content with jinxing the few that we've learnt to live without, you're now having a crack at the 10 best players on our list. What have you done?

Mods???????????!!!!!! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN HIM NOW!!!!! HE MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

1. Grundy
2. De Goey
3. Pendlebury
4. Treloar
5. Sidebottom
6. Crisp
7. Langdon
8. Stephenson
9. Howe
10. Moore

Maynard, Adams, Elliott, Beams would be in the best 10 of a lot of other teams which is a credit to our list

What about Dick Lee, Jack Regan and Gordon Coventry?
Only listed players I have seen live. I'm pretty fricken old, but not that old. Were you lucky enough (or old enough) to see any of the older guys on my list play. They were amasing. It was a toss up between Carmen and Greening as number 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back