• Jamie Elliott
  • Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Jack Crisp
  • Darcy Moore
Hard to beat that list but we need to sneak Adams in too.
He's our hard head inside the belly of the beast.

• Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Jordan De Goey
  • Jamie Elliott
  • Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Taylor Adams
  • Darcy Moore
Honorable mentions to Crispy, Checkers, Howe and Sinkers.

Hard not to make this a best 22 really.
Poor choice of total.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jesus Christ. Not content with jinxing the few that we've learnt to live without, you're now having a crack at the 10 best players on our list. What have you done?

Mods???????????!!!!!! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN HIM NOW!!!!! HE MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Im a menace

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to beat that list but we need to sneak Adams in too.
He's our hard head inside the belly of the beast.

• Jaidyn Stephenson
  • Jordan De Goey
  • Jamie Elliott
  • Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Taylor Adams
  • Darcy Moore
Honorable mentions to Crispy, Checkers, Howe and Sinkers.

Hard not to make this a best 22 really.
Poor choice of total.
The ten idea was to get the degree of difficulty higher.

Makes for a bit of thinking.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Only listed players I have seen live. I'm pretty fricken old, but not that old. Were you lucky enough (or old enough) to see any of the older guys on my list play. They were amasing. It was a toss up between Carmen and Greening as number 1.
Carman always gets into my best ever top 5, but Daicos gets the nod over both Greening and Carman, purely on longevity and consistency.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Swanny was better than Pendles.

He was just less fashionable.
That’s a no from me.
Be a great discussion.

Pendlebury better skilled, longer career and started off better, as took a couple of years for Dane to get cracking.
Scott better finals player.

But both elite level.

Actually I'll finish the job

1. Brodie Grundy
2. Scott Pendlebury
3. Adam Treloar
4. Steele Sidebottom
5. Taylor Adams
6. Jordan De Goey
7. Darcy Moore
8. Tom Langdon
9. Brayden Maynard
10. Jaidyn Stephenson

Top few based on longevity whilst the bottom group is based more on recent form, since we don't have many who have been stars for several years.

Jack Crisp, very stiff. Howe also missing from a lot of these.

1. Grundy
2. Pendles
3. Sidebottom
4. DeGoey
5. Treloar
6. Crisp
7. Howe
8. Adams
9. Phillips
10. Stephenson

Moore hasn't done it for long enough and Beams looked shot when he did play for us. Maynard could be if he continues his current for through the rest of the year. Sier should be pushing this list this time next year and a fit Langdon, Elliot and WHE would be just outside it.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
1. Grundy
2. Pendlebury
3. Sidebottom
4. De Goey
5. Treloar
6. Adams
7. Moore
8. Crisp
9. Beams
10. Langdon

I don’t think Stevo is quite there yet, and Beams is down the list because of 2019 form. A few seriously stiff to miss out, we have a great list.

I couldn't resist theming this, in my area of interest. Ten of our best (not our ten best) who also have terrible hair and/or hair dos (in no particular order):
  • Stephenson (does he still cut it himself? did last season)
  • De Goey
  • Moore
  • Moore again (because he deserves it)
  • Maynard
  • Aish (for previous sins)
  • Beams
  • Langdon (enough already with the stringy lanky locks)
  • Mayne (probably cant help it)
  • Phillips (because I'm bored with his Hollywood look)
Special mention to Sier, who debuted an especially ugly do on Monday, but won back respect for the black nail polish.

Only 10?

G. Coventry
S. Pendlebury
P. Williams
G. Hocking
J. Henderson
F. Froude
L. Hughes
C. Dibbs
M. Dunstan
H. Chesswas

1560327320244.png

Last edited:
Sticking to the intended theme (in rough order):

Pendlebury
Grundy
De Goey
Moore
Sidebottom
Treloar
Adams
Mayne
Crisp
Stephenson

Others:

Beams - hasn't done enough to date on his return home
Maynard - close, but not yet
Hoskin-Elliott - the delayed start to the season and a slow return to form sees him miss
Langdon - his best is very good, but we've covered him okay
Elliott - only injuries see him miss
Phillips - if only he nailed more of those shots on goal
Roughead - on the fringe, certainly doing well as a tall defender this year, just hasn't done it long enough
Cox - very important to our structure and on his day a match winner, but others are ahead in terms of talent/consistency
Mihocek - like Cox an important cog, but Reid could play a similar role
Greenwood - see Greenwood except as a small defender
Howe - fading in comparison to a couple of years back, but gradually building form this year
Dunn - injured, will he get back?

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I couldn't resist theming this, in my area of interest. Ten of our best (not our ten best) who also have terrible hair and/or hair dos (in no particular order):
  • Stephenson (does he still cut it himself? did last season)
  • De Goey
  • Moore
  • Moore again (because he deserves it)
  • Maynard
  • Aish (for previous sins)
  • Beams
  • Langdon (enough already with the stringy lanky locks)
  • Mayne (probably cant help it)
  • Phillips (because I'm bored with his Hollywood look)
Special mention to Sier, who debuted an especially ugly do on Monday, but won back respect for the black nail polish.
Love it love it.
The best and so funny is the:

“Moore again (because he deserves it)”

Brilliant.

Just be careful you don’t stray on the sacred ground, polished nails bear....

Pies_10

Premiership Player
May 29, 2007
Rosebud,Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Baltimore Ravens
In order for me
1. Grundy
2. Pendlebury
3. De goey
4. Sidebottom
5. Treloar
6. Moore
7. Stephenson
8. Crisp
9. Howe
10. Langdon

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only listed players I have seen live. I'm pretty fricken old, but not that old. Were you lucky enough (or old enough) to see any of the older guys on my list play. They were amasing. It was a toss up between Carmen and Greening as number 1.
Greening had an unlimited ceiling but Carman was never going to be long term great because he was such a flog.

Saw every single game Peter played and no one in my time compares, as a mid in the early days he was mesmerizing and as a small forward later he was simply astonishing - could do it all and often did.

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greening had an unlimited ceiling but Carman was never going to be long term great because he was such a flog.

Saw every single game Peter played and no one in my time compares, as a mid in the early days he was mesmerizing and as a small forward later he was simply astonishing - could do it all and often did.
Don't want to derail the thread. I always have Greening #1 and I think that's partly based on what he could have been. He was already great with his best years ahead of him but in terms of sheer consistency year on year Daicos is #1 then Buckley

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't want to derail the thread. I always have Greening #1 and I think that's partly based on what he could have been. He was already great with his best years ahead of him but in terms of sheer consistency year on year Daicos is #1 then Buckley
Poor John and poor Collingwood that he never achieved his oh so obvious astonishing ceiling.

People may laugh but if John had played on uninjured we would have got at least 2 flags - and probably 3.

He had that much power and impact.

But Peter . . .

Oh my word there really are no superlatives strong enough.

Sorry all back to normal business.

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
1. Grundy
2. Pendles
3. De Goey
4. Sidebottom
5. Moore
6. Treloar
7. Beams (granted, he hasn't shown it for us yet)
8. Stephenson
9. Elliott
10. Crisp

Back