Our top 10: You decide

Remove this Banner Ad

No Scotland BG?? Strange.

Not strange - oversight :eek:

I'd have him ahead of Gibbs...but he can just be thrown in the second group.

And to be honest, over the journey, Scotto has been servicable to good...not critical. Think he was simply putting his head down for a contract renewal...let's see his form next year now that he has got what he wants.

1. Murphy
2. Judd
3. Jamison
4. Kreuzer
5. Gibbs
6. Walker
7. Simpson
8. Yarran
9. Waite
10. Henderson

Special mentions: Carrazzo, Robinson, Scotland, Laidler, Betts, Garlett

1. Judd
2. Murphy
3. Jamison
4. Kreuzer
5. Gibbs
6. Laidler
7. Waite
8. Simpson
9. Carazzo
10. Henderson

Very tough, sorry Walks. And Robbo, and Betts... I could go...

1. Judd
2. Murphy
3. Jamison
4. Kreuzer
5. Gibbs
6. Betts
7. Waite
8. Walker
9. Yarran
10. Garlett

11. Carrazzo
12. Laidler

1. Judd
2. Murphy
3. Jamison
4. Simpson
5. Betts
6. Yarran
7. Waite
8. Kreuzer
9. Walker
10. Gibbs

Special mentions to Scotland, Jeffy, Robbo, Carrots, Laids and Hendo

Not much gap between 4 - 16

This is just too hard to do!

OK this is going to sound weird but this is my opinion who are the most IMPORTANT

1. Murphy
2. Judd
3. CARRAZZO
4. Jamison
5. Betts
6. Gibbs
7. Yarran
8. Scotland
9. Waite
10. Henderson

Next are Scotland, Garlett, Kreuzer, Laidler, Walker

To be premiers, pressure is the number 1 thing separating the best teams. I think the ability of Carrots to shut down the opposition best midfielder is as important as our best midfielder being on song. He does it so well and gets shitloads on the way back.

There needs to be a mix of KPPs and class acts, but having the pressure acts performers by our smalls and mids is essential and hence my rating of importance

Not nearly enough Laidler love, IMO!

1 - Murphy
2 - Judd
3 - Jamison
4 - Kreuzer
5 - Waite
6 - Robinson
7 - Laidler
8 - Scotland
9 - Betts
10 - Carrazzo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For instance, Murphy is IMO our 3rd best player. However, if you took him out of our 22 he would be easier to cover than someone like Bower, whom I don't consider to be in our best 10 players, but would surely be a bigger loss to cover as we don't have as many quality backmen.
Is that you Mike?

Easy!:p

1. Andrew Walker
2. Lachlan Hansen
3. Marc Murphy
4. Jordan Russell
5. Matthew Leuenberger
6. Luke Blackwell
7. Andrew Carrazzo
8. Adam Hartlett
9. Adam Bentick
10. Josh Kennedy

11. Sam Sheldon
12. Aisake O'Hailpin
13. Paul Bower
14. Eddie Betts
15. Chris Judd :cool:
[YOUTUBE]2I7vPbthvWo[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone who doesn't have Gibbs in the top ten needs to go and watch another sport.
I'm failing to see his structural integrity when matched up with many of the names above.

He's firmly in our 22, I'd say firmly in our top dozen.

But he's no more important a flanker/winder than Laidler, Scotland, Yarran or Simpson.

He's not more important to our midfield than Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy, and is not necessarily more important than Carrazzo or Robinson. Nor does he provide something we lack a la Curnow.

He lacks the significance to our spine like Waite, Kreuzer, Jamison and Henderson. Has he proven as vital a swing-man as Thornton?

The argument can go both ways. For mine, he needs to make a position his own.

Anybody who doesn't have Gibbs in the top 10 needs to go and watch another sport.

Importance - can play any position on the ground and a vast variety of roles.
Output - 3rd, 4th, 3rd and 5th finishes in our B&F.

Best:
1. Murphy
2. Judd
3. Jamison
4. Scotland
5. Gibbs
6. Simpson
7. Walker
8. Betts
9. Kreuzer
10. Waite

Most important
1. Judd
2. Jamison
3. Murphy
4. Kreuzer
5. Waite
6. Gibbs
7. Yarran
8. Henderson
9. Walker
10. Simpson

Not an easy task by any stretch. Pissing in the wind.

1.Judd
2.Murphy
3.Kruzer
4.Jamison
5.Gibbs
6.Yarran
7.Simpson
8.Scotland
9.robinson
10.Henderson

Gibbs is still in the top five after a bad day...Get back to me after you watch Gibbs performance in the wins against Fremantle, Essendon and Norf...Rarely wastes a touch with his influence from just 20 possessions...Sliced the Roos up by foot.

Crazy stuff to even put Gibbs on the same page as Betts, Thornton, Carrazzo, Waite, Laidler and Curnow...For a talented player, Waite is capable of the biggest brain farts you'll ever see...Kreuzer and Yarran are yet to have a consistent season.

Bryce hasn't made a position his own because he's been played everywhere to fill holes...Similar to Walker who was considered to be a hack this time last year.

Club's ranking is closer to reality than the haters who need to open their eyes.

Some need to appreciate and realise that every player has their own style.

I'm failing to see his structural integrity when matched up with many of the names above.

But he's no more important a flanker/winder than Laidler, Scotland, Yarran or Simpson.

He's not more important to our midfield than Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy, and is not necessarily more important than Carrazzo or Robinson. Nor does he provide something we lack a la Curnow.

He lacks the significance to our spine like Waite, Kreuzer, Jamison and Henderson. Has he proven as vital a swing-man as Thornton?

:thumbsu: TG, the one opinion worth more than any others.

He's had 4 consecutive top 5 B&F finishes, 2 of those top 3 (including ahead of Fev in 2009). Clearly the coaches are of the opinion that he's integral to the team.

If he's not our best player in any one position, I'd argue he's the most complete player on our list. He's shown time and again to be a go to man. Difficult player to match up in the forward line? Bryce Gibbs. Midfielder too athletic for Carrazzo to contain? Bryce Gibbs. Need somebody to steady us coming out of defence? Bryce Gibbs. Need a spark in the midfield who can also impact the scoreboard? Bryce Gibbs.

If anything, his versatility has lessened his value in the eyes of our supporters, as he hasn't had the ability to truly make a position his own. Funnily enough I'd bet it's that trait that has him so highly valued by the coaches.

Probably top 3 kick at the club and his ability to stick a tackle is brilliant.

He's had 4 consecutive top 5 B&F finishes, 2 of those top 3 (including ahead of Fev in 2009). Clearly the coaches are of the opinion that he's integral to the team.

If he's not our best player in any one position, I'd argue he's the most complete player on our list. He's shown time and again to be a go to man. Difficult player to match up in the forward line? Bryce Gibbs. Midfielder too athletic for Carrazzo to contain? Bryce Gibbs. Need somebody to steady us coming out of defence? Bryce Gibbs. Need a spark in the midfield who can also impact the scoreboard? Bryce Gibbs.

If anything, his versatility has lessened his value in the eyes of our supporters, as he hasn't had the ability to truly make a position his own. Funnily enough I'd bet it's that trait that has him so highly valued by the coaches.

Probably top 3 kick at the club and his ability to stick a tackle is brilliant.

Not for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back