VFL Our VFL team - whats the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to the location of the flood light, having assumed that Frankston were the away team.
The lights have been installed over the past few weeks at Frankston oval (Airbus stadium). I haven't seen them in action yet, but they are pretty impressive.
20201010_122554.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When in doubt, give the job to Darren Crocker.
Maybe Boomer to Coach it plus if not drafted a McMillan to Captain with a few following players that might not get drafted a Daw a Pittard we will need a few Ex AFL, SANFL,NEAFL and WAFL players to have the side competitive from the start.
As we will have a lot of new players that we draft as most on the 18/19 years experience it would be good to have a bit experience around it.

Was thinking of doing the fake Batman climb while it was on its side. But the towers are a bit high for me to even think about these days. Don’t want to break a hip.
I am sure there is a line in there somewhere with the Batlight shining directly to Government House. I reckon you should nick one, just put it in your backyard so nobody can see it. Unlike Darryl Kerrigan and his gates 🙃

I am sure there is a line in there somewhere with the Batlight shining directly to Government House. I reckon you should nick one, just put it in your backyard so nobody can see it. Unlike Darryl Kerrigan and his gates 🙃
20200919_100111_HDR.jpg

I reckon they might cost a bit to run but they would light up the back yard for a Barbie like a bloody beauty.

Is there potential for North to make a dramatic return to Ballarat?

In 2021 Tourism Tasmania will decide if they are getting bang for buck out of North Melbourne and Hawthorn games. A study of attendances in both Launceston and Hobart suggests that the two clubs have similar crowd drawing power in Tassie. While Tassie accounts for several thousand of our total membership, our attendances at Hobart average 12,084 while Hawthorn averages 15,443 in Launceston.

Consider that next year the Western Bulldogs have to decide if they'll continue their tenure in Ballarat after 2021. If they don't, hypothetically it opens the door for North Melbourne to return to Ballarat and perhaps re-form their relationship with North Ballarat FC.

A return to Ballarat would allow North Melbourne to reduce their Reserve list, re-establishing the old succesful club partnership where they provided players in support of the North Ballarat Roosters (between 2004-2015). It would be a quid quo pro arrangement that would see North Ballarat re-enter the VFL perhaps wearing North Melbourne jerseys. North Melbourne always wanted to play senior games in Ballarat at a redeveloped Northern Oval. After being shunted out by the WBFC in 2015, and forced to go to Tasmania we never got to capitalise on the strong support base built in Ballarat over ten years or to play at a redeveloped Eureka Stadium.

If the Western Bulldogs decide that Ballarat is not for them after 2021, it completely re-opens the door for North Melbourne.

It's all hypothetical of course, but would get the media monkey off our backs once and for all over Tassie.

IIRC, the Hobart games were already happening before the Footsdogs stole Ballarat.
I could be wrong but I thought that when Brumby lost the election the Ballarat option looked a no-go, at least in the short term, so we turned to Hobart and started playing games there. And then the Ballarat option came back to life and the Dogs moved in. Not that the Dogs have shown much enthusiasm for the venture.

Is there potential for North to make a dramatic return to Ballarat?

In 2021 Tourism Tasmania will decide if they are getting bang for buck out of North Melbourne and Hawthorn games. A study of attendances in both Launceston and Hobart suggests that the two clubs have similar crowd drawing power in Tassie. While Tassie accounts for several thousand of our total membership, our attendances at Hobart average 12,084 while Hawthorn averages 15,443 in Launceston.

Consider that next year the Western Bulldogs have to decide if they'll continue their tenure in Ballarat after 2021. If they don't, hypothetically it opens the door for North Melbourne to return to Ballarat and perhaps re-form their relationship with North Ballarat FC.

A return to Ballarat would allow North Melbourne to reduce their Reserve list, re-establishing the old succesful club partnership where they provided players in support of the North Ballarat Roosters (between 2004-2015). It would be a quid quo pro arrangement that would see North Ballarat re-enter the VFL perhaps wearing North Melbourne jerseys. North Melbourne always wanted to play senior games in Ballarat at a redeveloped Northern Oval. After being shunted out by the WBFC in 2015, and forced to go to Tasmania we never got to capitalise on the strong support base built in Ballarat over ten years or to play at a redeveloped Eureka Stadium.

If the Western Bulldogs decide that Ballarat is not for them after 2021, it completely re-opens the door for North Melbourne.

It's all hypothetical of course, but would get the media monkey off our backs once and for all over Tassie.
Get back into bed with North Ballarat with an Alignment I don't think so we are North Melbourne, not North Ballarat, and do you really think there will wear our Jumpers that won't be happening either.
End of discussion.

Get back into bed with North Ballarat with an Alignment I don't think so we are North Melbourne, not North Ballarat, and do you really think there will wear our Jumpers that won't be happening either.
End of discussion.
As I said a hypothetical. After this year, we'd have to say that nothing is off the table. I'd truly say that nothing would surprise me anymore and that I will never be bold enough to declare that things may "never happen" ever again. Has 2020 taught you (or perhaps the rest of us) nothing? ... Perhaps there be the end that discussion. ;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back