VFL Our VFL team - whats the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very very poor that our club has no updates for this game. There has barely been a whisper about it and no real publicity, surprising considering we have AFL listed players.

The score line at this point not surprising. I’m not sure the team has been together for more than a couple of months. A bunch of Tassie boys brought in for the first time and a relatively new coach we’ll be a work in progress.
Yeah our vfl program has been my biggest pet peeve with the club for the last few months

just poorly run on all fronts Both on the field and off it with the lack of updates

Patrick Walker, Connor Menadue and Eddie Ford were the North standouts in a 50-point practice match loss against Geelong on Saturday.

VFL coach Leigh Adams said the game acted as a great gelling exercise, and believes the result is not indicative of what the North side was trying to achieve.

“The boys can learn a lot out of today … we wanted to use it to gel and put a few things in place,” Adams told North Media.

“The boys executed the stuff we’ve been training on for the last few weeks pretty well … hopefully with a bit more education over the next couple of weeks we’ll be able to round off those edges pretty quickly.

“We played the way we wanted to play, but obviously there are just a few things we need to tidy up.”

Menadue is an off-season arrival after playing 39 games for Richmond at AFL level, while Walker was selected with the second pick in the 2020 Rookie Draft.

“Connor and Patrick showed good signs down back that they can both take the next step up if needed,” Adams said.

“Walker played on Luke Dahlhaus for a good period of time today; games like today will help him improve pretty quickly … he used the ball really well and defended well too.”

Ford continued his development and showed flashes of his game-breaking ability.

“Eddie just continues to get better and better,” Adams said.

“He’s learning more about playing the way we want to play, and he did some really good things around the footy today.”

With Will Walker and Taylor Garner on restricted minutes, Adams says their main goal was to get some match fitness into their legs.

“It was a big tick for them to get through the game unscathed … obviously they’ve had a few injury issues,” he said.

“A few soldiers playing a bit more game time will hopefully help us next week.”

The clash also marked the first appearances for five Tasmanian development players.

Tom Donnelly, Miller Hodge, Callum Kilpatrick, Harrison Gunther and Bailey Boag made the trip up from Tasmania, and impressed in their first hitouts at VFL level.

“The Tassie boys did an unbelievable job today, it was the first time they’d met any of the boys … it’s obviously a bit of a jump from TSL to VFL,” Adams said.

“All five played really good roles for us today. I’m happy with them and for them too.

So we don't have enough players and flew in five from Tassie. Also we're not having line coaches in the VFL. The expectation is senior players in the VFL will undertake those duties.

Don't know what to make of all that tbh.

So we don't have enough players and flew in five from Tassie. Also we're not having line coaches in the VFL. The expectation is senior players in the VFL will undertake those duties.

What that means as I’ve been banging on about is the vfl program is a joke

so poorly run both on and off field and needs more scrutiny

Tom Donnelly, Miller Hodge, Callum Kilpatrick, Harrison Gunther and Bailey Boag made the trip up from Tasmania, and impressed in their first hitouts at VFL level.

Is this Boag fella draughtable?

1615087942448.png

Just to take a different angle on this, isn't it to do with the tas academy link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 5 players available to play what a shambles. How can our club once again have so many injuries already ffs
To be fair we had a double sized interchange bench yesterday, so technically 9.

Still not great, but we also have multiple players expected to be right by round 1.

Just to take a different angle on this, isn't it to do with the tas academy link?
Those 5 will be playing a handful of games each for us over the course of the year, so yes I imagine they used this last week as an opportunity for them all to meet and train with the players/coach(es?)

With Will Walker and Taylor Garner on restricted minutes, Adams says their main goal was to get some match fitness into their legs.

Well that explains Will Walker's lack of pre season games.

Mate, for the past 3 months you’ve been excited about the direction the club is finally taking, and this is what breaks you before the season even starts? We had 8 on the bench in the seniors and another half dozen or so unavailable. We were going to have to either dig deep into our vic-based top-ups or give all 5 of our Tasmanian development kids an early taste. Seems a pretty bloody obvious choice.

Mate, for the past 3 months you’ve been excited about the direction the club is finally taking, and this is what breaks you before the season even starts? We had 8 on the bench in the seniors and another half dozen or so unavailable. We were going to have to either dig deep into our vic-based top-ups or give all 5 of our Tasmanian development kids an early taste. Seems a pretty bloody obvious choice.

Nah hasn't broke me hence my comment, not sure what to make of it. And yes I am bullish about our direction.
It was more around the lack of coaches I suppose

I reckon his nocturnal activities will break him eventually:drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back