VFL Our VFL team - whats the future?

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder what the future of the VFL is as a whole? I'm sure we're not the only AFL club feeling the pinch, which means that the VFL clubs would be too.

Preston / Bullants / Nthn. Blues outta business yeh ? Nth. Ballarat ? Port on their knees were rattling the tins. Frankston ?

The entire phase of Arden St redevelopment now looks like potentially a waste. Hopefully that doesn't prove to be the case, and we play games at Arden St in whatever affiliated scenario there may be

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm imagining that our contract with Tasmania is playing a part in decision making. Lots of businesses are making hard decisions at the moment and I think this could be us preparing to not receive our payment from the Tasmania contract. I'm only guessing of course. I doubt we're the only club that's weighing up where to make savings, and we're certainly not the only business.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Willy??????
A05E7C29-6B48-49F0-A93E-30F4166F20F7.gif

Step 3: A North affiliated Tasmanian VFL side.

That was my first thought too.

However, while I understand their reasons, the Tasmanian Governments decision not to allow our game against Melbourne to go ahead at Blundstone, may not help relations at all. If that game had have remained as proposed, it could have been the first opportunity for us to play in front of a half decent crowd. Instead playing it in Adelaide is hardly much of an alternative.

Has an announcement been made yet where the other Tassie game is to be played?

Back