VFL Our VFL team - whats the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love for either Ben to come out and tell the members why the VFL team has been scrapped and what are we thinking for the future. As a member, I feel like the communication has been putrid this season. Happy to take our coin but no communication about what is happening with the club.

I would love for either Ben to come out and tell the members why the VFL team has been scrapped and what are we thinking for the future. As a member, I feel like the communication has been putrid this season. Happy to take our coin but no communication about what is happening with the club.

Id like to know what the plans are for the second tier comp as a whole? Will there even be a VFL next year?

There would be a ton of plans being made at AFL House which they aren’t interested in informing the public on yet.

One important point for me though, in our greatest time of need, the Tassie government turned their backs on the club.

I so much hope that they end up with NO football.

I feel for the actual Tassie people, they are pawns in a generational political game, and so is this sport as far as that state goes.

Coburg would be handy for me but their jumpers are no good ;)
A short-term alliance with Coburg (or Northern Bullants) might be pretty beneficial for both clubs. Geographically well-positioned and considering the financial disaster of a year like this is they might well need an alliance to stay in the VFL etc.
Anyone but Tassie please...

Last edited:
There would be a ton of plans being made at AFL House which they aren’t interested in informing the public on yet.
Clubs need to make decisions on players and players deserve to know as soon as possible what their futures are. When the wider public finds out is less important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One important point for me though, in our greatest time of need, the Tassie government turned their backs on the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apologies Anvil,
Tried looking back over Tassie threads and couldn’t find any reference, can you please tell me how the Tassie Government turned their backs on us?
Have they pulled $$$ based on us not playing games there this year?
Or the fact they locked us out from playing games there?
Genuine question here.

The VFL team is no more, and it's impact upon the engine room & the reason for the existence of this club, the AFL team, is yet to be revealed..................but at least this lot will get to play political dress ups for another year.

1597699879660.png

How many of you were also sucked in to give money to the club on the notion there would be VFL games returning to Arden Street?

I know I was. Never again. :mad: :thumbsdown:

Guess who ended up benefiting from that when the "hard decisions" had to be made? :rolleyes:

This administration will never con me again.

The VFL team is no more, and it's impact upon the engine room & the reason for the existence of this club, the AFL team, is yet to be revealed..................but at least this lot will get to play political dress ups for another year.

View attachment 938572

How many of you were also sucked in to give money to the club on the notion there would be VFL games returning to Arden Street?

I know I was. Never again. :mad: :thumbsdown:

Guess who ended up benefiting from that when the "hard decisions" had to be made? :rolleyes:

This administration will never con me again.
Direct quote from the Arden Street Forever page:

North Melbourne Football Club is expanding and will include our four teams including AFL, AFLW, VFL and VFLW. Importantly, we will be bringing football back to Arden Street. The opportunity for our football club is substantial with many benefits to be realised for years to come. We need the support of our amazing North Melbourne community to make our vision a reality.

Also, here's some photos of *checks notes * a VFL game at Arden Street

As has been noted before, there is no VFL competition this year, and we don't know what AFL footy likes like next year. Will there be lists of 30, 35, 40 or 45? Depending on that, how many reserves players there will be will be the deciding factor about our VFL team next year, or in future. I hope there is a VFL next year, and North Melbourne is in it.

The fact we will have an AFLW next year is, in my opinion, a good thing. The more opportunities for people to see footballers running around in North Melbourne jumpers, the better. Better for sponsorship, better for government funding, better for supporters who like watching footy.

So stop being a snowflake about this.

think they would rather fund and create the Eastern AFL reserves league than fund the VFL and neafl
I get that impression.

History and tradition is a big part of the game but I don't think Gil gets that. It's his job to look after the entire heritage of footy not just the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back