VFL Our VFL team - whats the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on reading the 2021 starting 22 thread it feels like there could be some really exciting talent lining up for the North VFL team in the early rounds. It could look something like this:

B: Hayden - McGuinness -Perez
HB: Young - J Walker - Menadue
C: Hall - Tyson - W Walker
HF: Atu - Skinner - Lazarro
F: Phoenix - Xerri - Garner
R: Campbell - Powell - Mahoney
I/C: Bonar, P Walker, Ford,

Have assumed Dumont & Comben not fit for early rounds and that Skinner gets the contract spot.

Have also assumed Atley, Turner, Phillips are all in the seniors. One of the guys listed above may need to come out as a traveling emergency.

I would suspect it is likely that one of Xerri or J Walker plays off the bench in the seniors as a relief ruck/key position depth role.

There will be more injuries and there will be guys that are non AFL listed that do play key roles in the VFL team. A couple of key backs would be obvious inclusions.

Hey guys

is there an organized cheer squad for our VFL team ? would love to join and follow the team home/away , would be a lot of fun.

Hey guys

is there an organized cheer squad for our VFL team ? would love to join and follow the team home/away , would be a lot of fun.
Well amongst others, there was me and my best little mate .... though with Chris Jansen and Nash Holmes playing for the Borough, our VFL loyalties will be divided. Also, we need a stand of some descript, and better facilities for hosting games, imo. I like my creature comforts 🙃

Well amongst others, there was me and my best little mate .... though with Chris Jansen and Nash Holmes playing for the Borough, our VFL loyalties will be divided. Also, we need a stand of some descript, and better facilities for hosting games, imo. I like my creature comforts 🙃

Think we should organize a regular home and away supporters group.

Think we should organize a regular home and away supporters group.
A great idea but the flaw will be in it is.
No Draw so we don’t even tho when we are playing who and at what ground.
Corvid admission to ground situation.
If games are clashing with AFL
For Example if VFL plays Arden st at 11am on a Sunday and AFL is a 1:10pm at Marvel if best could only watch a quarter as I believe you need to be at AFL games at least 2 hours before start as the days walking straight into the ground 10 minutes before the main game starts are done.
As there will be testing done on people before the game outside before you go in which will form line to get into the ground.
But if VFL doesn’t clash with VFL yes it will great to have an North end at the scoreboard end then work something out for away games

A great idea but the flaw will be in it is.
No Draw so we don’t even tho when we are playing who and at what ground.
Corvid admission to ground situation.
If games are clashing with AFL
For Example if VFL plays Arden st at 11am on a Sunday and AFL is a 1:10pm at Marvel if best could only watch a quarter as I believe you need to be at AFL games at least 2 hours before start as the days walking straight into the ground 10 minutes before the main game starts are done.
As there will be testing done on people before the game outside before you go in which will form line to get into the ground.
But if VFL doesn’t clash with VFL yes it will great to have an North end at the scoreboard end then work something out for away games

What???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne’s VFL side will begin its 2021 campaign with a pre-season clash in Geelong this weekend.

The tune-up game will feature a number of AFL listed players finding their fitness, while five Tasmanian development players have also been named.

New signing Connor Menadue will continue to find fitness after missing 2020 with the VFL competition being shut down. The half-back flanker gained some minutes in last week’s AFL practice match against St Kilda.

New recruit Patrick Walker will pull on the blue and white stripes for the first time, after being selected with the second pick of the 2020 rookie draft.

Will Walker and Taylor Garner are set to add some class to the lineup, while rookie Eddie Ford will also drop into the VFL side after taking part in last week’s practice match.

The addition of Tasmanian development players Tom Donnelly, Miller Hodge, Callum Kilpatrick, Harrison Gunther and Bailey Boag is a welcome one, as North continues to maintain a strong relationship with Tasmanian football.

The VFL-listed players included are Curtis Brown, Jacob Heron, Ryley Monkhorst, Jack Watkins, Kade Answerth, Connor Byrne, Josh Clayton, Mat Walker, Mark Baker and Alex Polidoris.

Please note: The game will be closed to the public. North Media will post a match report following the game.

P.S - Things must've changed from my earlier post.

Last edited:
The VFL team is no more, and it's impact upon the engine room & the reason for the existence of this club, the AFL team, is yet to be revealed..................but at least this lot will get to play political dress ups for another year.

View attachment 938572

How many of you were also sucked in to give money to the club on the notion there would be VFL games returning to Arden Street?

I know I was. Never again. :mad: :thumbsdown:

Guess who ended up benefiting from that when the "hard decisions" had to be made? :rolleyes:

This administration will never con me again.

Just quoting for posterity the day our VFL team plays again.

Our north vfl social media accounts are hopeless no updates on twitter and no posts on Instagram since October last year

cats vfl updates showing 64-32 in the 3rd quarter cats way
Not a fan of that score line

Very very poor that our club has no updates for this game. There has barely been a whisper about it and no real publicity, surprising considering we have AFL listed players.

The score line at this point not surprising. I’m not sure the team has been together for more than a couple of months. A bunch of Tassie boys brought in for the first time and a relatively new coach we’ll be a work in progress.

well, that put a stop to me rocking up at Arden street and climbing a gum tree

aaa2efa3849ab0a911435b4d7447e582.jpg

Hendo’s onto it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back