Toast Our Vic Army

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wanted to start this thread to give a massive shoutout to all the Vic-based Suns supporters for their efforts on Thursday night against Richmond. Amazing effort and we all love seeing that kind of passion for our club! We can definitely learn a thing or two to make for a better atmosphere at Metricon home games.

Having a rabid supporter base in Melbourne (albeit small at moment) is going to bode really well for our club going forward because there's nothing worse for players than going to a venue where they literally have zero support. Sometimes I watch our games in Adelaide/Perth and I wonder if there's a single Suns fan there because you hear absolutely nothing when we kick a goal. However, this is clearly not the case in Melbourne. I literally got goosebumps when I heard the loudish roar from Suns supporters as Kingy snapped the goal that clinched the win for us in the final two minutes. It was amazing to hear on TV and I'm sure it was even better in-person.

I hope you all get out to Ballarat this weekend and replicate your efforts from last week. The players absolutely loved it and it sounded great on TV!

Well done, guys.

It was pretty surreal being there at the game hearing the support. Even from my view from the wing. Seeing suns fans leaving the game, even on my train line.

This weekend though , I'll be at the G (Hopefully pending any issues with tickets), but I'll be watching from afar. Hopefully can bring back another win.

I wanted to start this thread to give a massive shoutout to all the Vic-based Suns supporters for their efforts on Thursday night against Richmond. Amazing effort and we all love seeing that kind of passion for our club! We can definitely learn a thing or two to make for a better atmosphere at Metricon home games.

Having a rabid supporter base in Melbourne (albeit small at moment) is going to bode really well for our club going forward because there's nothing worse for players than going to a venue where they literally have zero support. Sometimes I watch our games in Adelaide/Perth and I wonder if there's a single Suns fan there because you hear absolutely nothing when we kick a goal. However, this is clearly not the case in Melbourne. I literally got goosebumps when I heard the loudish roar from Suns supporters as Kingy snapped the goal that clinched the win for us in the final two minutes. It was amazing to hear on TV and I'm sure it was even better in-person.

I hope you all get out to Ballarat this weekend and replicate your efforts from last week. The players absolutely loved it and it sounded great on TV!

Well done, guys.

I went to port Adelaide game a few years ago definitely fans there small but passionate group there but like other interstate groups not really supported by the club to bring them together

Was supposed to be there but my baby daughter was playing up a bit so had to skip. But disappointed I didn't get there, the atmosphere was great on TV though!

Best part for me, was the group behind the goals seemingly got bigger as the game got on with more people wanting to get involved.

I hope the Club addresses the structural issues such as overbearing security , the Sunscreamers stodginess and the overdone "Gameday Experiences" blaring at us that is stifling the crowd at Metricon
The players have come out and recognised the effect of strong crowd support and there's no reason we can't have the same at home games
We have the smallest fanbase but one of if not the most ardent
I equate it to my Instagram with 9 followers and my son with 3000
Every time I post I get 9 likes.
I ask him if he wants more or better followers(he actually wants more but maybe he's a closet Richmond fan)

One of our VIC Suns members is getting this 3 metre by 3 metre flag made to use behind the goals - He's just trying to finalise which option he likes most. I say 2 or 4.

E01018CD-A3C6-42F1-9735-360BB193E7DE.jpeg

It will be awesome to create some visual presence and representation behind the goals! Watch this space....;):think:

Seems like it's going to feel like another Suns home game thanks to you Vic fans. GWS will have little to no noise in support of them.

One of our VIC Suns members is getting this 3 metre by 3 metre flag made to use behind the goals - He's just trying to finalise which option he likes most. I say 2 or 4.

View attachment 1172496

It will be awesome to create some visual presence and representation behind the goals! Watch this space....;):think:

I was going to get a banner made this week but the guy said I missed the deadline getting a design into him.. maybe try for next game

Seems like it's going to feel like another Suns home game thanks to you Vic fans. GWS will have little to no noise in support of them.

Don't sleep on the GIANTS vic fans. Good supporters and great people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work again today guys!

I'm sure your cheering throughout the game helped the boys get over the line in one of the most heart stopping matches I've ever witnessed. On the telecast it definitely sounded like we had more supporters than GWS and the commentators mentioned it. The commentators also said you guys were very loud last week as well.

Well done, everyone!

Great work again today guys!

I'm sure your cheering throughout the game helped the boys get over the line in one of the most heart stopping matches I've ever witnessed. On the telecast it definitely sounded like we had more supporters than GWS and the commentators mentioned it. The commentators also said you guys were very loud last week as well.

Well done, everyone!
We were loud! Credit to the GWS supporters though. You could definitely hear them especially the roar amongst the grandstands when they kicked a goal!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back