Our win against the Weagles was the proverbial, “Dead cat bounce”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't watched the game today but the numbers stack up, have we reverted back to that poor "control" game. WTF is going on?
Can’t “control” the ball if you don’t have it.
And we have been out bustled, out numbered at the ball, outskilled and outcoached.

We are in the process of getting skinned alive by a GWS team with their best midfield sitting in the grandstand....
Mediocre players who have had mediocre years continue to get games...
Our replacement options appear limited...
And the Tigers appear poised to deliver the last rites...
Where to from here?
Nah. The WCE game was the hungry cat purring and rubbing against your leg. Today was the satiated cat disdainfully ignoring you.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Nah. The WCE game was the hungry cat purring and rubbing against your leg. Today was the satiated cat disdainfully ignoring you.

If the win against the eagles was Collingwood purring along then there is no chance that Collingwood will win the flag.

And if today was a fat cat then I agree with you. Too many players are figjams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shows the WC game was more about them not turning up after half time than Collingwood turning a corner, still the same old s**t.

Nathan Buckley will never win an AFL premiership

Name me one coach without a flag that you GUARANTEE will get one.

You make it sound so easy - where was your bagging of Buckley last year when we were flying.

Just rubbish - but obviously playing to an audience like TTRRAAVVIISS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the win against the eagles was Collingwood purring along then there is no chance that Collingwood will win the flag.

And if today was a fat cat then I agree with you. Too many players are figjams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I should have left out the purring and just gone with the rubbing against your leg part of the analogy.

We matched them fairly well after quarter time, just came out sleepwalking. But the truth is, none of us know what the Pies are going to serve up in any given week. Against Richmond, neither a 6-goal win or loss would surprise me.

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've reverted back to a style of play that was very 2014-2017.

Unwatchable, and based on controlling the ball with stagnant, un-inspired choices by foot.

We were so much more free-flowing last year, we kicked over 100 points TEN times during the H&A season.

This year, we're on track for @ best SEVEN.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Name me one coach without a flag that you GUARANTEE will get one.

You make it sound so easy - where was your bagging of Buckley last year when we were flying.

Just rubbish - but obviously playing to an audience like TTRRAAVVIISS.

Last year was a golden opportunity and it was blown by negative, s**t coaching.

But I'm sure you can find 100's of posts by me saying Buckley is a s**t coach over the last 8 years, nothing he has done has made me change my mind on him. The handover cost us at least 1, possibly more flags.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Never left! But 8 seasons as coach, 1 successful year where we blew a 5 goal lead in the GF due to negative tactics and we only got there on the easiest draw ever seen. Then this year, another soft draw yet back to playing like s**t. Its not like its one loss, we've been playing s**t for 2 months now. Really we only had about 2-3 good games early after a s**t start then since ANZAC Day its been downhill.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Why does no-one add context to the situation? Everyone loves citing their missing midfield guns but we were missing key players too. You can snort and make other disdainful noises but a fit and healthy Moore, Langdon Reid, Beams, Elliott, Stevo, Greenwood does make a significant difference to the outcome of yesterday's game. Our attitude and style of play is a worry but so too is being one of the worst hit sides injury wise..yet again. Did anyone hear Jack Reiwoldt raving about how underrated Langdon is and how much work Richmond put into him during the week leading up to their clash with us? And he's just one missing component.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Never left! But 8 seasons as coach, 1 successful year where we blew a 5 goal lead in the GF due to negative tactics and we only got there on the easiest draw ever seen. Then this year, another soft draw yet back to playing like s**t. Its not like its one loss, we've been playing s**t for 2 months now. Really we only had about 2-3 good games early after a s**t start then since ANZAC Day its been downhill.

You are writing garbage. Our draw was labeled the toughest in the comp this year.

COLLINGWOOD has been hit with the hardest fixture for the 2019 season.
Champion Data has run the numbers after the AFL on Thursday revealed the home-and-away fixture for next season, with the Magpies to play premiers West Coast, Richmond and Melbourne — all teams who finished top four this year — twice.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
The WC game was a false dawn.
And we swallowed it like a twenty dollar hooker in an old FJ.

There was already signs in WC game we dominated the play the last quarter and a half and could only manage to kick a couple of goals.

1 goal 2 behinds in 3rd quarter and 2 goals 6 behinds in last quarter with front half control many of the 6 points were rushed behinds too.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Didn’t watch the game after the first 20 mins. Probably second time I’ve ever done that.

GWS lose top 4 or 5 to injury they have other A or B+ grade players to replace them, unlike us, we have 4-5 out and we have. Mayne, Brown, Cox, Crocker, Sier, Daicos, IQ, Wills, Noble and * me dead Appleby ( is where we blame Bucks ) the guy is garbage and always was!

Then we have some liability in Aish, Phillips, Varcoe & Fumbles Maynard

That’s the difference there.

We need to be bold in trades this year

Move on

Sier
Elliott
Thomas
And 1 or 2 others so we can get some athletic running defenders and a decent forward - every player in trade mention is going elsewhere and not the Pies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back