Roast OUT: Continuity

Remove this Banner Ad

Just some clarity as to where we are at the section table... And then you can continue to discuss 'continuity'...

Round 7 - Number of Players Selected who have debuted in 2020 or 2021...

10 - Adel
5 - Coll, Nth
4 - Bris, Ess, Frem, GC, GWS, Haw, Melb, Port, Syd
3 - Carl, Rich, StK
2 - WB
1 - Geel, WC

That should end this thread but it's far too sensible. We'd be a lot better at rotating players if we didn't have such a long injury list. By my calculations there are only three AFL match fit replacements running around in the seconds (Worrell, Jones, O'Connor) who haven't already got a game in 2021 and only one of them is in form, so the cupboard is close to bare.

Last edited:
Just some clarity as to where we are at the section table... And then you can continue to discuss 'continuity'...

10 - Adel
5 - Coll, Nth
3 - Carl, Rich, StK
2 - WB
1 - Geel, WC
Not sure the relevance?

We're in a rebuild and have gutted our list. Of course there are going to be lots of new players.

The continuity goal has been a priority for 15+ years. It's not recent.

Hamill is one of those 10. Came off with ankle issues repeatedly almost every week for treatment. Keeps playing, keeps playing... until it's proper ****ed

Limping Lynch keeps playing, keeps playing... now an extended stint on the sidelines.

We saw how Walker and Sloane's 2020 went and the contrast to when they were fully fit at the start of this season. Now we're doing the same thing with Walker again.

McAdam another of those 10. Clearly sore. Keeps playing, keeps playing... until he's a non-entity on-field devoid of confidence.

Talia MUST stay on field at the end of 2020. Can't afford to play Butts. Talia still out.

This thread is about how we manage our players, including all the newbies that are running around.

This thread is about how we manage our players, including all the newbies that are running around.

Glory be, you win the argument simply by stating we had an injured Lynch as our medical sub.

That in itself is why continuity should be OUT.

He should have been rested, not managed. I still stick by what I said, he looked like a chicken with his head cut off running around getting ready to come on.

10 - Adel
5 - Coll, Nth
3 - Carl, Rich, StK
2 - WB
1 - Geel, WC

I'm not sure these numbers are correct. By my count we have debuted 13 players in that time - and I'm not including Hately, Keays, and Hinge:

Berry
Butts
Hamill
McAdam
McAsey
McHenry
McPherson
Murray
Rowe
Schoenberg
Scholl
Strahan
Thilthorpe

also Sydney - 8
Geelong - 5
North - 6
Coll - 10

and stopped there, couldn't be bothered going through the others

I'm not sure these numbers are correct. By my count we have debuted 13 players in that time - and I'm not including Hately, Keays, and Hinge:

Berry
Butts
Hamill
McAdam
McAsey
McHenry
McPherson
Murray
Rowe
Schoenberg
Scholl
Strahan
Thilthorpe

also Sydney - 8
Geelong - 5
North - 6
Coll - 10

and stopped there, couldn't be bothered going through the others

He/They did say players selected in Round 7, so that rules out Hamill, McAsey, Strachan, and it didn’t seem like McAdam was out there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back