Out of interest ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, wasn't there. I was down south with family for easter. WIN's coverage was shocking btw. There was a black screen with occasional sound for most of the 1st qrt.

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz
I was there.
I too saw the red army *shudder*

P.S. Am I the only one who feels a touch of tension between Frodo and Kuepper.

Or is it just me. ;)

Hopefully there may not be a red army next year....they may just hopefully dispose of the red jumper for next season.:D

Tension between Frodo and Kuepper?
Nahhhhhhhhhhh......;)

I was there as I always am for every home game, up in the forward pocket at the Subi end of the ground, last part of the Town n Country stand or whatever the **** it's called now before the old 3 tier stand starts. Red Army were pathetic, its like 2 rows of supporters, they didnt do squat for their free beer at the Wembley and free seats. I think they need to turn up a lot earlier and fire up before the game starts. On Sunday they rocked up pretty close to bouncedown and didnt so much as peep. The most noise I heard them make was after the game outside the ground when it was all said and done.

Yes. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. :) Will however miss the next 3 home games.... not impressed in the slightest :mad:

Btw, i'm up the top of the stand at the Subi end. Average seats, but I'm too scared to try and change in case I miss out :eek:

Yep, I was there. What great weather for watching footy it was too! (If I was going to get picky, you could say it bordered on being too hot).

We had a very vocal Docker's supporter up in the box behind us, he ended up with half the crowd in front of him turning around giving him heaps whenever we scored. There even ended up being some box to box abuse from his box to 3-4 across from him. Funny to watch.

Unless the Red Army get a new sponsor, chances are they'll stay 'red'.

Menzies, Mr Eagle? Know it well.

Kuep, you are holding up in fine fashion. BTW, we need a name for your hack team at Dockerland. Drop Scal a line. To the BigFooty Eagles faithful, I can attestify to the kuepper's attendance at Dockerland, even when he is not there, he is with us in spirit. As of course he is at Demonology, whom love him dearly.

OK. Well done to the Eagles, a good win. Good signs for both sides, and plenty of goals. I had always maintained that the Eagles preseason had been more impressive than ours, and this form was born out. However, I also believed that the Dockers would turn on an win for the reasons discussed at Dockerland, but I was wrong, Geonet. And I rate Troy Wilson, but not to the same extent as some Eagles fans.

No excuses. A better Eagles outfit turned out on the day and kicked more goals than us. We still have some work to do in terms of team balance, but I am not gutted. I think the match was of a high standard, even allowing for the skill errors from the Dockers that marred some of the match. Contrast this match with the last one in 2001. WA footy is on the up.

Blocker, was it you that said Chad Fletcher wouldn't get a game at Freo. I remember having that "discussion" with someone at Dockerlands. Was it you or Dutchey?

Either way, I now point and laugh. ;)

Actually, got to tell you, I was wondering whether it was me too, because I was thinking about that conversation after the game.

Honestly can't remember, but it probably was me, because I didn't rate him. He certainly stepped up, and I eat my hat. On that form, he would get a guernsey.

Fletcher was good. I looked at the tape again yesterday and his delivery was top-notch.

Looks like you and I owe Wilson an apology, therealbuzz. He didn't waste any of the midfield's work and looked genuinely dangerous. Cummings' five in a losing team looked alright but I think the points go to Wilson.

The highlight is still Troy Longmuir's mark. Chambers should have apologised to Williams for that kick.

Yeah, I apologised to Willow already.

But his real test will be against the Magpies on Saturday.
My main criticism of Willow, was that he never backs up his good performance the week after.

Hope he proves me wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Went...

Yea Kuepper I was there. I was sitting 5 feet from where Medhurst was standing to kick his first goal. This guy came running down and was screaming his head off at him as he was setting himself up for his kick. I hate it when fans do that. All udos to Medhurst for slotting it through from 50m onhis first kick in a Premiership Season Match. Wish the Eagles had gotten him. Apparently he did too. (Wish the eagles had drafted him)

Highlights for me were...

Jakovich's shrugging off the tacklers as though they were children AND seeing him spin on that knee so well.

Chambers seeming ability to throw the ball on his boot from anywhere and slot it through.

Troy WIlson busting a pack in the 3rd quarter leading to an Embley Goal.

Phil Matera's Back in Force

Seeing Fletcher, whom I said would be a star three years ago, coming into his own.

Seeing Dockers Supporters leaving mid fourth quarter. (I never leave unless I HAVE to be somewhere)

Lastly, wondering what all the hype about Fremantle was during the preseason. Like the Article by the guy who spent a weekl at training.

I was there, only game i can get to all year though grrrr.
WIN better get better from the sounds of things!

Chaddy was so good, his disposal was top notch.
Yes chambers really did give a hospital kick didn't he, otherwise he played pretty well:)

Buzz,

Love that signiture of yours.......:)

every year they wipe the great man off, every year he comes back and shows em all how to play the game like a man.....

Jack, your a legend.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back