Autopsy Out of our misery

Remove this Banner Ad

A minute to go, and we handball around looking for the perfect opportunity to score , which never exists so we end up floating a kick into the goal square giving our forwards no opportunity.

Rinse and repeat for the last 5 years

Tonight perfectly encapsulated our entire season. Big issues! Deserved to lose tonight and deserve to miss the finals.

Dunkley and Richards can hold their heads high but not a lot of winners on the night apart from those two.

Freo are a good team but we let them play on their terms all night. They probably won't go end to end for goals as many times for the rest of the season as they did tonight. Just chip-marked their way from full back to the goals all night.

The lack of energy and lack of game plan to combat Freo's posessions game was disturbing. The body language from the likes and Macrae, Bont, Treloar and Naughton at times also a worry. Several instances of finger-pointing going on which is unusal.

See you in 2023 Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still baffled how much the coach *s around with personnel and structure all year long. Spend the offseason working out the best 22 and structure and stick to it.

That being said we tried tonight. Some shocking skill errors cost us the game.

Still our worst performance for the year. Unacceptable, considering the stakes. I've considered the 'Bevo out' crew to be a little dramatic, up until now, but I'm starting to come around. So many utterly nonsensical tactics that have slowly turned us into this:

licensed-image

Season over and what a wasted season it has been.

Same issues from all year.

Midfield aren’t anything like the level they get talked about.

Can’t stop opposition transition which exposes our defence because of the stupid zoning off the make crap.

Limited if any structural or tactical changes when things are against us.

Dominated by a key forward (if you can even call him that)

That’s one of the best debuts in a bad beat by a tall skinny dude I’ve ever ever seen. I can totally see why GWS rated Darcy at 1 even with Daicos in the group. He’s got the potential to be outstanding.

We desperately need to fix our midfield. Something is badly imbalanced in there.

I’ve loved Bevo. We need fresh ideas. I’m ok to let our best ever coach head elsewhere. Someone ring Clarko and get him talking to us.

Surely no one’s surprised, we have been absolutely abysmal all year, we’re great against s**t sides that turn it over under pressure because it makes our zone effective lmao. Anyone with any sort of skill whatsoever just pulls us apart.

Weve been way more abysmal than scores even suggest, as I mentioned in the game day thread. Every good side has wiped us in the first half, the fact we then tend to bounce back and have a crack isn’t brave or us finally playing the way we supposed to. Play, it’s the opposition taking their foot off the pedal because they’ve already won the game and know we can’t score so play 3 qtrs of keep off footy to keep us on the back foot.

We’ve been absolutely ****ed all year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back