FTA-TV Outcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the first ep yesterday.

images

Like this one a lot for some reason, got a nice dark feel about it may be the reason.

Along with Preacher, can these type of shows hold up for full seasons? Here's hoping but watching both each week isnt going to work for me so a decision on which one to save & binge must be made...

I wasnt that impressed with it, i stick with it for a few more weeks, it wasnt bad but i was hoping for more since its been getting hyped since Comic con last year. as far as new comic book shows go Preacher is heaps better.

I think it was pretty good actually

Interested to see where it goes now

The intro was probs the best bit for me though

I wasnt that impressed with it, i stick with it for a few more weeks, it wasnt bad but i was hoping for more since its been getting hyped since Comic con last year. as far as new comic book shows go Preacher is heaps better.

I agree Preacher pilot was better. But they must have spent a fortune on it and now they have scaled back.

Has anyone watched Outcast ep 2 yet?

the horror genre has really come along over the past 5 years or so (on tv). i really enjoyed the first episode, though i've always been a real sucker for biblical horror and/or apocalypse narratives and have been craving an epic 'revelations'-type story in the GoT, battlestar or buffy mold. this will be more small-scale of course, but i live in hope!

I agree Preacher pilot was better. But they must have spent a fortune on it and now they have scaled back.

Has anyone watched Outcast ep 2 yet?

i see im not the only one comparing the 2 shows! am probably more excited by outcast at this early stage, but both show promise. will check out episode 2 tonight after i finish with that new snuff film, Hawks and Bombers.

the horror genre has really come along over the past 5 years or so (on tv). i really enjoyed the first episode, though i've always been a real sucker for biblical horror and/or apocalypse narratives and have been craving an epic 'revelations'-type story in the GoT, battlestar or buffy mold. this will be more small-scale of course, but i live in hope!

Did you watch The Leftovers? I reckon it would be up your street.

As for movies, The Book of Eli and maybe The Road.

Did you watch The Leftovers? I reckon it would be up your street.

only the first episode, but thanks for reminding me! will check it out again. -also that relatively new one, dominion, which had an amazing world but some of the worst FX/acting ever seen! :( (almost at shannara levels)

As for movies, The Book of Eli and maybe The Road.

yep! plus all omens, the prophecy's, the seventh sign (all mostly awful!)

and the excellent and seriously underrated 'book of life' (1998). jesus had the book of life on a laptop and was torn between what he wanted to do with the world vs what dad decreed. very clever story i thought; really need to find a copy of it somewhere...

only the first episode, but thanks for reminding me! will check it out again. -also that relatively new one, dominion, which had an amazing world but some of the worst FX/acting ever seen! :( (almost at shannara levels)

yep! plus all omens, the prophecy's, the seventh sign (all mostly awful!)

and the excellent and seriously underrated 'book of life' (1998). jesus had the book of life on a laptop and was torn between what he wanted to do with the world vs what dad decreed. very clever story i thought; really need to find a copy of it somewhere...

Leftovers is top drawer. it get better each series.

Will check out Dominion. Sometimes I am sucker for bad FX and acting. I grew up watching Dr Who and Blake's Seven!!!

Book of Life 1998 sounds great but I can only find The Book of Life 2014. Doh! But it reminded me of a nice low budget movie I watched called The Man from Earth.

Leftovers is top drawer. it get better each series.

awesome, will definitely get into it again.

Will check out Dominion. Sometimes I am sucker for bad FX and acting. I grew up watching Dr Who and Blake's Seven!!!

haha, me too :) but don't say i didn't warn you :p

Book of Life 1998 sounds great but I can only find The Book of Life 2014. Doh! But it reminded me of a nice low budget movie I watched called The Man from Earth.

yeah :( that's all i've been able to find either. it must have been on tv (abc/sbs) here back in the day. if i find a source, will let you know :)

just watched episode 3 and my recording cut out before it finished, anyone that can fill me in with what happened
in the neighbours house at the end if anything happened at all. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at this point i feel it's reasonable to say outcast is currently outshining preacher. the latter is fun, but a little silly imo.

I was wondering whether Outcast was a bit limited in where they could take the plot but the last couple of episodes have branched out away from the standard demonic possession angle.

I enjoyed Preacher but agree it got a bit silly.

The series continues to deliver. Epic ending to ep 9 when
Megan got 'possessed' and kills the hubby. And that phone call!

i didn't mind it, but * how badly was it needed? i like a slow burn as much as the next nerd, but gee i've been suffering horror withdrawals lately. the opening credits are creepier than most of what we've seen in recent episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back