Outcome based Suspensions.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you choose to bump its your responsibility to not hurt the head of your opponent, accidents are not an excuse.
Can you explain how you do this exactly? Bearing in mind the following please;

1. These guys are full time athletes
2. These guys are capable of shifting heavy weights in a very explosive manner
3. These guys are very fast
4. We want to stop Rohan getting to the ball carrier as quickly as possible in a very fast moving game.
5. Rohan isn’t exactly running 100 in 45 seconds either, he is fast and very powerful.

Actually I don't think that, and i quite clearly never said that. Clever use of manipulation though.

Do you think a player flying for a mark should have a duty of care? If he knees a player in the head and the player gets concussion would you be happy for him to be suspended even though he took a great mark?

If you notice the video I posted, the commentator mentions ‘strict liability’. So what is this? A building site where you need your staff wearing a hard hat or a ******* football field?

Surely all legal stuff can be solved by all players signing a waiver just as formular 1 drivers do. You choose to play this sport and accept that you could possibly get hurt.

Elaborate

Jumps for mark, misses by miles, whilst he knees his step ladder in the head. The answer is play on.

To me, if you attempt to take a specie, get nowhere near the ball (don’t touch it), and take your step ladder out of play, it is a free against you.

Love the specie, but if you get over ambitious, you must pay the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See you don't understand footy then. What's his alternative?
That's the only thing he can do to protect his team mate.

So we agree it was a bump then?

The media seem to all label it as a bump, strange. There's about 2 people in the world using "sheppard" and you're both in this thread

Jumps for mark, misses by miles, whilst he knees his step ladder in the head. The answer in play on.

To me, if you attempt to take a specie, get nowhere near the ball (don’t touch it), and take your step ladder out of play, it is a free against you.

Love the specie, but if you get over ambitious, you must pay the price.
Yeah we are talking really stupid attempts where the ball is nowhere, but general mistiming shouldn’t be punishable

Stop dancing around the ******* question aswell. Do you think a player who knees his opponent in the head should also be liable?

Marking contests and choosing to bump your opponent are two very different things and 2 different topics. If you want to start a thread on how marking contests should be judged then tag me there.

The media seem to all label it as a bump, strange. There's about 2 people in the world using "sheppard" and you're both in this thread

A bump can certainly be deemed as a shepherd in Aussie Football. It’s not Auskick where you run around with your arms spread saying don’t run around me.

Answered a question with a question. A bump and a shephard are the same thing but you don't understand what a shephard is
You've ignored multiple questions because you've backed yourself into a corner you can't escape

Marking contests and choosing to bump your opponent are two very different things and 2 different topics. If you want to start a thread on how marking contests should be judged then tag me there.

That's a pi55weak answer

Not when risk of injury is concerned. In fact a mark is much much worse. Running knees up into an unsuspecting player? Brad Miller? Tom Lonergan?

Mistiming = free kick.

That is all I want for mistimed species, if an injury occurs it is an accident and should be treated as that.

An accident is an accident and all over the ground in all circumstances accidental injury should be treated simply as it is. Bad luck it’s an accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back