Opinion Outlook for 2019 - Where will we finish on the ladder?

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
A lot of talk about our stats and promising performances ,however only 1 win as at 14/5/19 round 8 ?...can CFC finish off second half of season strongly and get six wins getting us off bottom of the ladder in 2019.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Bottom 4.

Nothing has changed since the season started in my opinion.

I just want to keep seeing effort (and see no more of the s**t show against North) and the wins will come.

I've been pleased with the improvement thid season despite the 1-7 start and being on the bottom of the ladder. A lot of players are growing nicely, and development for me at this stage is the most important thing.

Dont get me wrong - I want wins. But you have to be realistic with the age of the list and the lack of senior talent we have.

Continued development as those kids turn into that senior talent over the next few years is vital.

Above at least 2 other teams but with a percentage that would get us in the 8 if we had won enough games.

BlueView

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
At the moment I can only see us finishing above North, Swans, GCS and maybe the Saints unless we come home strong so 18th - 14th

The next worse *, Melbourne, Port, Dogs and Hawthorn I can’t realistically see us finishing above unless we knock over sides like GWS this week.

Competitions very even, even at the bottom end

Last edited:

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Bottom 4 if I am optimistic... last if I being realistic. We have had a very very soft draw for the first 8 rounds, so not sure where people are seeing 5-8 wins when we have 1 in the softest part of the season.

It's one of those seasons where anything is possible. Anyone can beat anyone. We got flogged by Norf one week, then pushed Collingwood up to the dying minutes the next. The one team we did beat - the Dogs, convincingly - have since gone on to convincingly beat Richmond and Brisbane, who are sitting 6th and 5th respectively.

If our boys turn up to play, the way they did against the Pies, we're a chance against anyone I reckon.

Keep playing like they did on Saturday, and the lads can rack up a few wins before the end of the season. I'm less concerned about the draw and the ladder than I am about our young team's capacity to run the season out.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
It's looking like a really even competition from middle ladder to the bottom this year, percentage will come right into it with maybe 5,6 maybe 7 teams finishing on the same points so a % in the 90's might be the difference of 3,4 ladder positions better... Injuries will obviously play a massive part as well...
If we start winning these games that we've been well in but have let them slip then I'm predicting another 6wins out of the last 14 games, 7 for the year, that should have us at least 14th...

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
It's looking like a really even competition from middle ladder to the bottom this year, percentage will come right into it with maybe 5,6 maybe 7 teams finishing on the same points so a % in the 90's might be the difference of 3,4 ladder positions better... Injuries will obviously play a massive part as well...
If we start winning these games that we've been well in but have let them slip then I'm predicting another 6wins out of the last 14 games, 7 for the year, that should have us at least 14th...
I'm locking in all our G games 🔐 Rdo 11 ******** -Rd 16 Melbourne -Rd 19 Adelaide -Rd 21 Richmond
-Rd 22 StKilda there's five straight off the bat...😬

Back