Outlook for Grant

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has there been any news on this front? Seems like this will drag on into the season if there is no new direction taken by the club.

Appreciate any news - all of the AFL news in Sydney concerns either whether Plugger is too thin or if any Swans players will ever talk to Lewis again.

Its been quiet since the weekend.No news today but hopefully some tomorrow but we will try to keep you informed.Love the signature by the way;) .I have a bad feeling there will be a final anouncement on Grant this week.

Thanks.

I agree - it's not looking good.

I still think there is a lot more to this than we have been told by the AFL or the club.

I used to be a solicitor in a past life, and this seems far more complicated than it should be.

Something smells.

With this latest developments on Carey I wonder whether that will affect the AFL's stance on the Grant insurance matter.

Will the AFL want to be without their two premier centre half forwards?

The way I think this will go is Grant will not be given permission from the AFL to play. The Bulldogs will take it to court and win (as the Bulldogs CAN get insurance), which is precisely what the AFL want to happen. The issue is not about insurance, it's about providing a safe workplace.

If the Bulldogs have a court order saying Grant can play and something untoward was to happen to Grant, the AFL are in the clear.

Originally posted by jim440
The way I think this will go is Grant will not be given permission from the AFL to play. The Bulldogs will take it to court and win (as the Bulldogs CAN get insurance), which is precisely what the AFL want to happen. The issue is not about insurance, it's about providing a safe workplace.

If the Bulldogs have a court order saying Grant can play and something untoward was to happen to Grant, the AFL are in the clear.

Spot on Jim. That is exactly the situation the AFL want to clear their own backsides.

Did you go to training today?

Nah. Had to do some work. Also, hard to find out when they are training as no info is on the web page any more.

No rest for the wicked mate?

I think that training times are in the paper(The Age that is).

The way I think this will go is Grant will not be given permission from the AFL to play. The Bulldogs will take it to court and win (as the Bulldogs CAN get insurance), which is precisely what the AFL want to happen.

That is EXACTLY what i have heard the club is expecting to take place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back