Outlook Rocky: he likes an expensive Tawny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge is a 4 time premiership player who will be an invaluable on field leader to our young team.

You know it's not just about his age Dylan theres much more to it than that.

So let me get this right; Rockliff is cooked, but Hodge isn’t?:huh:
Our boy Hodgey offers a lot more leadership and on field coaching than Rocky, IMO 2 years of Hodge will be more beneficial to us from 2020 on, when we should be opening our finals/flag window than 4 years of Rocky. David Noble and Chris Fagan have got their eyes firmly fixed on us being a consistent finals side ah la Swans and Cats.

#bigpicture

David Noble and Chris Fagan have got their eyes firmly fixed on us being a consistent finals side ah la Swans and Cats.

#bigpicture

Sadly, nothing I have seen from Noble / Fagan this off season has filled me with any confidence or joy.

The players we’re letting go, which isn’t / won’t be anything close to their worth (including the names being bandied around that may be on the move) compared to those we’re bringing in or linked to isn’t inspiring at all. In fact, we’re more than likely going to be in a worse off position.

You may need to enlighten me what the big picture is because we’re clearly seeing different things.

You may need to enlighten me what the big picture is because we’re clearly seeing different things.

7599.jpg

Seriously though D12, would you concede that Noble, Fagan, Swan, Ambrogio and their fellow staff members would be in a far better position to judge where we are as a club and what we need to do to turn it around than any of us "experts" of big footy?

Seriously though D12, would you concede that Noble, Fagan, Swan, Ambrogio and their fellow staff members would be in a far better position to judge where we are as a club and what we need to do to turn it around than any of us "experts" of big footy?

No I wouldn’t, but when I look at the outgoings (Rockliff, Schache etc etc)including the mooted ones balanced against the incoming players that may be joining (Hodge, Cameron and others that are being mentioned elsewhere), I am less than impressed and consider the outgoings far greater than the incomings and to be honest I’m surprised that I am one of the few that sees it that way.

No I wouldn’t, but when I look at the outgoings (Rockliff, Schache etc etc)including the mooted ones balanced against the incoming players that may be joining (Hodge, Cameron and others that are being mentioned elsewhere), I am less than impressed and consider the outgoings far greater than the incomings and to be honest I’m surprised that I am one of the few that sees it that way.

Your not but some of us can look further ahead than 12 months.

I have to disagree, all good though, differing opinions and discussion is what this forum is all about, it wouldn't be worth posting if we all agreed on everything.

I actually agree with you. I don't think we should've let Rockliff go for pick 19 - At the end of the day it's a lottery, but I'd take a strong midfield/clearance player (something we lack) over a speculative late first round pick any day. I also think if it's not a massive win, there's little point trading Schache out this year. Losing both these players and bringing in Hodge and Cameron (who I think are good acquisitions) weakens our list in my view and the overwhelming positivity around it surprises me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
I actually agree with you. I don't think we should've let Rockliff go for pick 19 - At the end of the day it's a lottery, but I'd take a strong midfield/clearance player (something we lack) over a speculative late first round pick any day. I also think if it's not a massive win, there's little point trading Schache out this year. Losing both these players and bringing in Hodge and Cameron (who I think are good acquisitions) weakens our list in my view and the overwhelming positivity around it surprises me.
It isn't over yet. And we aint finished.

The funny thing is, we will probably accelerate the development of our young mids as a result of letting Rocky go, but in a couple of years when our young mids are firing there will be people saying "geez, imagine if we had Rockliff alongside them".

The funny thing is, we will probably accelerate the development of our young mids as a result of letting Rocky go, but in a couple of years when our young mids are firing there will be people saying "geez, imagine if we had Rockliff alongside them".
Yeah the whole "Rockliff playing one-out forward" notion won't help that line of thinking either... eh

Sadly, nothing I have seen from Noble / Fagan this off season has filled me with any confidence or joy.

The players we’re letting go, which isn’t / won’t be anything close to their worth (including the names being bandied around that may be on the move) compared to those we’re bringing in or linked to isn’t inspiring at all. In fact, we’re more than likely going to be in a worse off position.

I am also not a fan of Rocky or more the point his so called loyalty, but this is now crazy talk.
-Rocky decision is up for debate and time will tell who won out of the move/not matching..
-Schache is out of the club's hands largely and they have done a brilliant job to get top value if he is traded by contracting him and talking positively about him. Still may stay.
- Delistings were all obvious.
- Chalie Cameron has asked to come to us and fits a need
- now have 4 top 20 picks with more likely on the way

where we are at in regards to our age profile, I couldn't be happier with our strategic recruitment tbh.

I reckon Noble is licking his lips at the prospect of trading Zorko and Beams out once their contracts end. I'm just confused as to why we didn't offer more than 500k? He was never staying here unless he got 4 years so why not force Port to offer another 50k-100k on the contract? Could have gotten us band 1. They got a bargain.

I reckon Noble is licking his lips at the prospect of trading Zorko and Beams out once their contracts end. I'm just confused as to why we didn't offer more than 500k? He was never staying here unless he got 4 years so why not force Port to offer another 50k-100k on the contract? Could have gotten us band 1. They got a bargain.
I am not sure Rocky is worth more than $500k. Be interesting to know who else is on 500 to compare. Rocky accumulates but doesn't necessarily hurt the opposition. So many times I have seen him turn the ball over direct to the other team. He is a good kick for goal but we never really saw his forwardness being utilised. Admire his grunt and desire but how does that equate to $$$$ .........I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back