Outrage over biased NRL Gf commentary - When will the same outrage occur in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sa...y/news-story/9ee78e44c84a1f4a5cdaf323a79e67be

Interesting that some people (ok, Sandra Sully...) being up in arms over the biased commentary gets a run in the media from a NSW reporter yet our commentary stinks all year and nothing gets said. Any chance we can get some commentators call the game as they see it?
What? You don't like listening to Bruce cream his pants over Cyril?
Adds to the viewing experience. A free add-on bonus :):):):):):):)

Bias commentary is terrible, i have to mute it.
From the commentators clearly barracking for WB during the prelim.
Then just as bad in the Grand Final the biggest game of the year.
Bruce hardly even sounded excited when Sydney kicked a goal.

AFL has biased commentary that's for sure but it's pretty offensive to compare it to the NRL team.

Try watching a State of Origin game. Unbearable bias towards NSW. Phil Gould can get stuffed. Bringing in Wally Lewis has helped but rather than having a bunch of objective commentators you have some one-eyed Blues and one-eyed maroons trying to drown each other out.

Bias commentary is terrible, i have to mute it.
From the commentators clearly barracking for WB during the prelim.
Then just as bad in the Grand Final the biggest game of the year.
Bruce hardly even sounded excited when Sydney kicked a goal.
That's what happens when you put an ex-bulldog in a commentary box for such an important Bulldog game. Emotion will overcome blokes like that. Makes great viewing for me but shouldn't really concern you given you're a North supporter and they weren't involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what happens when you put an ex-bulldog in a commentary box for such an important Bulldog game. Emotion will overcome blokes like that. Makes great viewing for me but shouldn't really concern you given you're a North supporter and they weren't involved.

I don't blame the guy for getting excited.
Channel 7 shouldn't have had him commentating that day.
Commentators are supposed to remain impartial.
I suppose everyone the commentators included just got caught up in the fairytale though.

Commetti's been around long enough and had a pretty documented life so it's pretty surprising these kind of myths keep coming up. He was a Melbourne supporter due to Bob Johnson which he has put in his own words before.

AFL has biased commentary that's for sure but it's pretty offensive to compare it to the NRL team.

Try watching a State of Origin game. Unbearable bias towards NSW. Phil Gould can get stuffed. Bringing in Wally Lewis has helped but rather than having a bunch of objective commentators you have some one-eyed Blues and one-eyed maroons trying to drown each other out.
And that is the perfect example.
Unless your hearing what you want to hear... how great you team is etc... it's always s**t.
Turn the ******** sound down and watch the games in your own eyes instead of who says what you want to hear. Each game is much better in mute, and most of the hoo haa's about the games don't actually exist.
Phil Gould... Try listening to origin without Queensland bias bS.
Hence I watch all sport without commentary if able, See the game in your own eyes and not of opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back