AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moose Jaw Warriors, Saskatchewan
Milawa 4 points
Tarra 3 goals
Nth Wang 16 points

Great work to all sides that got through

On a lighter note, tige, whats this i hear that you've upped the ante on the bats? Word is that you've offered ben cousins and fev plenty of coin to head to glenrowan, and sweetened the deal by offloading a few more of those air cons and ripsticks to each of them? Any comment on the rumour?

Tige might wanna look closer to home for the time being, rumour has it one of the new clubs has/will make a big play ($) for one of his current crop..

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
Amazing game today - the Tarra boys showed just how much hurt they were carrying from last year when they blitzed the first half, and full credit to Milawa for fighting back. Gotta feel for Ray Ussher - was one of Milawa's best but all he's going to be thinking about is that shot. Still, massive congrats to Tarra - brilliant win and brilliant game:thumbsu::thumbsu:

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Amazing game today - the Tarra boys showed just how much hurt they were carrying from last year when they blitzed the first half, and full credit to Milawa for fighting back. Gotta feel for Ray Ussher - was one of Milawa's best but all he's going to be thinking about is that shot. Still, massive congrats to Tarra - brilliant win and brilliant game:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Two out of three were nail biters Nonch. Great day of footy......Congrats to Nth Wang kids and tarra magoos as well....

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
Two out of three were nail biters Nonch. Great day of footy......Congrats to Nth Wang kids and tarra magoos as well....

Yeah congrats to Benalla as well slim - couldn't pinch one on the day but a terrific season over all and I reckon all the boys out there can be pretty satisfied with what the club has achieved. Didn't get to see the thirds match but sounds as if the Blacks were pretty unlucky there - although I guess if NorthWang had kicked straighter it may not have been that close...

gameon

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah congrats to Benalla as well slim - couldn't pinch one on the day but a terrific season over all and I reckon all the boys out there can be pretty satisfied with what the club has achieved. Didn't get to see the thirds match but sounds as if the Blacks were pretty unlucky there - although I guess if NorthWang had kicked straighter it may not have been that close...

Might ask my nan if she wants to umpire next year she could
Give north Wang a game to disgrace full on there behalf!!!!

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Might ask my nan if she wants to umpire next year she could
Give north Wang a game to disgrace full on there behalf!!!!

Dunno that you can blame the umpiring GO, letting Nth Wang back into the game in the 3rd qtr was what cost them the game.Yeah the last minute 50 mtr penalty and goal gave them the lead and ultimately the game but we blew a 14 pt lead we had with 5 mins to go.

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Heard today that 25k is being spent on the ground at Tarra ,laser grading and resowing etc and the GF is to be played there next season (2011). I could understand using it if the showgrounds upgrade is being done at that time but can't think of any other reason why.

Also thought the crowd appeared to be down a bit on prev years on Sat and heard same about O&M GF yesterday. Anyone know..? Thoughts....

Datto

Debutant
Apr 13, 2009
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Carlton
Let silly season begin! Heard today that the great man himself, "GUNS" pople, is taking over the reigns at greta, with big name recruits of cousins and fevola signing to a 3 year deal just so they could play along side him. Pretty unfortunate for tige, no air con con or ripstick could compare to god!

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Let silly season begin! Heard today that the great man himself, "GUNS" pople, is taking over the reigns at greta, with big name recruits of cousins and fevola signing to a 3 year deal just so they could play along side him. Pretty unfortunate for tige, no air con con or ripstick could compare to god!

I was in contact with great man himself today over another matter ( how much Collingwood suck ) and he made no mention of it. Perhaps TGN, NBM or Elton Brown may be able to confirm it Datto...

Oh and as for Tige, I hear he won't be worrying about to much next year either.....Any truth Tige...

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Nonch, you and 12 goals would be all over the coaching scenarios for next season. Will M newton coach Milawa ? and will Sharpy get the job at Tarra ?.

Also what happened about Boz's attack on the umpires, haven't heard anything other than the"Please explain" he was given...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
Nonch, you and 12 goals would be all over the coaching scenarios for next season. Will M newton coach Milawa ? and will Sharpy get the job at Tarra ?.

Also what happened about Boz's attack on the umpires, haven't heard anything other than the"Please explain" he was given...

From what I've been told Sharp already has too much on his plate work wise, although I think he would make a good coach if he wanted the job. Mick Newton will have a decent run in Friday's paper, so you'll just have to wait for that one. Haven't followed up Boz's case as yet...

kno it all

Senior List
Apr 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Coaches next year whos leaving and whos staying??

Slim talks of a x all blacks player assistant out at swanpool next year?
Hickey to coach glenrowan next year??

kno it all

Senior List
Apr 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
From what I've been told Sharp already has too much on his plate work wise, although I think he would make a good coach if he wanted the job. Mick Newton will have a decent run in Friday's paper, so you'll just have to wait for that one. Haven't followed up Boz's case as yet...

My guess is he wont be coaching :D

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Darby morrison is actually coaching KIA not asst.
I doubt Hick will go round again...

I also heard on the rumour mill EB that the Greta job is basically a done deal..

Trotta

Senior List
Jan 12, 2007
Benalla
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

Burgo is probably on the move. Havent really seen him at the club much this year, he was injured for most of it and didnt play a senior game. If he is going good luck to him! he'll need it!

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There's been a horrible rumour sweeping Wang this week that the young bloke from the Blacks who had the 50mtr penalty given against him in the closing stages of saturdays game, that ultimately saw Nth Wang win the GF, was bashed on Sat night because of it.This is totally untrue so if anyone hears this, please set people straight. I've already heard it 3 times.

If anyone has any info on who started the rumour I wouldn't mind having a chat with them....Feel free to pm me.

gameon

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's been a horrible rumour sweeping Wang this week that the young bloke from the Blacks who had the 50mtr penalty given against him in the closing stages of saturdays game, that ultimately saw Nth Wang win the GF, was bashed on Sat night because of it.This is totally untrue so if anyone hears this, please set people straight. I've already heard it 3 times.

If anyone has any info on who started the rumour I wouldn't mind having a chat with them....Feel free to pm me.

First iv heard of it I'll keep an ear out

navyblueman

All Australian
Dec 9, 2009
North east
AFL Club
GWS
I heard today from a good source that there is a few big names on the move next year!

S Pickering: Blacks to tatong
M Robinson: Tigers to Blacks
B Nichols: Blues to Blacks (ass coach)
J Wilson: Hoppers to Gold coast, couldnt say no after he sent a video of the day he got the nickname '12 goals'

On a serious note...
S Williamson to coach Milawa?
Rumours about the blues signing a new coach seem to be circulating everywhere but the club is being very tight lipped..

Tarra would be pretty keen to sign a coach soon, id be surprised if they didnt have one already lined up

onlyone

Debutant
Jan 12, 2009
Victoria
I heard today from a good source that there is a few big names on the move next year!

S Pickering: Blacks to tatong
M Robinson: Tigers to Blacks
B Nichols: Blues to Blacks (ass coach)
J Wilson: Hoppers to Gold coast, couldnt say no after he sent a video of the day he got the nickname '12 goals'

On a serious note...
S Williamson to coach Milawa?
Rumours about the blues signing a new coach seem to be circulating everywhere but the club is being very tight lipped..

Tarra would be pretty keen to sign a coach soon, id be surprised if they didnt have one already lined up

Your joking arn't you NBM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back