Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering tarra won't finish on top in either seniors or reserves , wouldn't it be fairer to play the Saturday finals where both are playing at a neutral ground and the Sunday games at tarra??? Especially the first semi final ??
Weather tarra play in the game or not is irrelevant. The games should not be played at tarra regardless because the ground is not up to scratch

Weather tarra play in the game or not is irrelevant. The games should not be played at tarra regardless because the ground is not up to scratch
I agree, however my point was that previous posts indicate that there will be one game at tarra on a weekend, and if this was the case whether or not it would be fairer to swap the days especially since the top two teams should play on the better surface

Have heard the Wangaratta Council are shutting down the use of all grounds for training on for this week and the next few weeks. Anyone heard anything further on this? Apparently they're able to because the council own a majority of the grounds...

can confirm that. council has shut down most ground including magpies & rovers

Have heard the Wangaratta Council are shutting down the use of all grounds for training on for this week and the next few weeks. Anyone heard anything further on this? Apparently they're able to because the council own a majority of the grounds...

I'm not sure, but I think council can only shut down grounds that they own. Don't think they can shut down grounds on crown reserves which are governed by DELWP.

I'm not sure, but I think council can only shut down grounds that they own. Don't think they can shut down grounds on crown reserves which are governed by DELWP.

I'm just going off what I've heard, I know that the council own both O&M grounds but I didn't think they owned some Rec Reserves... The council might have contacted clubs and asked teams not to train on them - it is logical, especially at this stage when the league are unsure where they're going to even play finals in two weeks time. It's probably the most sensible decision the Wang Council has ever made haha

Who wins this weekends games ?
I am hoping that football will be the winner. By football I mean Bright, Whorouly, Glenrowan, Bonnie Doon, KV and Tarra.

Whorouly by 20, Bonnie Doon by 180, King Valley by 220
Glenrowan over Goorambat could be an interesting game - It should tell us if the finals will be a 3 or 4 horse race. Glenrowan by 35 (hence a 3 hours race)

Tarra will end Moyhu's season with a 40 point win.

Bright and Milawa could be interesting. Perhaps they can spend the game discussing how badly it has all gone for them. Milawa will slip to 5th with a loss and will finish 6th after playing BD next week. Bright by 10.

Interesting results from the weekend. Moyhu were pretty close against Tarra and were winning in the first half, Glenrowan looked to make a meal out of the Bats even on a crappy surface and Milawa finally managed a win. What games did people manage to see?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the ladder is almost finalised I thought I'd go back and look at mid season predictions:
Here is the probable ladder with my mid year predictions in brackets: BD(2), Tarra(1), Glenrowan(3), Bats(4), Milawa(6), KV(5), Moyhu(7), Bright(8), Benalla(10), Whorouly(9), Greta(11), North Wang(12).

I picked Smith for the goal kicker - whoops. Raven has really turned it on in the last 3 rounds.
I also think my pick of McCormick for the Baker is way off too.

Now that the ladder is almost finalised I thought I'd go back and look at mid season predictions:
Here is the probable ladder with my mid year predictions in brackets: BD(2), Tarra(1), Glenrowan(3), Bats(4), Milawa(6), KV(5), Moyhu(7), Bright(8), Benalla(10), Whorouly(9), Greta(11), North Wang(12).

I picked Smith for the goal kicker - whoops. Raven has really turned it on in the last 3 rounds.
I also think my pick of McCormick for the Baker is way off too.

Good effort there Slim, i don't think you can be too hard on yourself with the Smith pick.

As for McCormick i expect he will poll well, but in my eyes Kaine Herbert is far and above the Baker Medallist, with Sam Evans a smokey.

I see finals venues have been announced. Saturday games at Tarrawingee and the Sunday games at Moyhu.
Grand Final at rovers ground

Disgra
I see finals venues have been announced. Saturday games at Tarrawingee and the Sunday games at Moyhu.
disgraceful! It better not rain from here on in! All blacks ground bar the scoreboard pocket is sensational! Plus where will anybody park without getting bogged at either of these grounds? Surely there is better options?

Bright's ground was in super condition on the wknd. I know it's not the central location the league is after but they have arguably the best facilities in the comp when considering football, netball, spectator viewing and parking. More than capable of hosting a final if their Easter match is anything to go by.

See if Doon finishes on top in the Seniors and King valley who will finish on top in the reserves will Both have to play Tarra at Tarra on the Saturday? Think they could have played that game at Mohyu??

Greg Newbolt to coach Greta next year as non playing coach he has been assistant at Yackendanda for the last three years

See if Doon finishes on top in the Seniors and King valley who will finish on top in the reserves will Both have to play Tarra at Tarra on the Saturday? Think they could have played that game at Mohyu??

GRETA in as good a nick as any ground at the moment. Netball rooms and umpires rooms to be completed this weekend so would have been good to see it used during finals.
I guess Tarra didnt want to miss out on the $ the league pays for use of the ground during finals.
Glad to see Moyhu get a final although I wonder if the man in charge had a vote in helping his club out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back