Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the point you idiot! Joss is just a 'handy sponsor', but from an outside perspective he's the one making all the deci$ion$.

Can anyone put a reliable figure of the number of Albury players on the Joss payroll? I heard a number but before i say it i would like someone to confirm it.

Why would he travel 3 times a week???????
One would think he would be a travelling player 'peeler' an for the coin yarra an barooga throw around why wouldn he, an he is from there.
And where would he train. Not many Aussie rules teams in tumut just there back to back flag winning League Side The Tumut Blues.

strong rumour goin around yarra, Chris Hyde could join his former teamate and close friend craig ednie and play for the pidgeons next year.
Wouldn't be a bad pick up me reckons :)
Lets not forget Spargo was an assistant coach at Richmond during the time Chris Hyde was there. Therefore Albury would have to be a big chance to get him.

Lets not forget Spargo was an assistant coach at Richmond during the time Chris Hyde was there. Therefore Albury would have to be a big chance to get him.

Are Albury being player specific in their recruiting or just loading up willy nilly?I know you look to get as many good players as possible to your club but they actually don't need too many more to add to their list from this year to go deep into September next year.They had a lot of talent as evidenced by the two's winning a flag as well as some other major injuries to senior players to return.Spargo obviously has drawing power(along with Joss lol) but the fallout each time he has left has been fairly big.I don't believe he looks long term for the club-more so for an immediate fix.Well and good to have Carey,Whiteroid etc linked to your club but even if they get 3 years from those guys-how many 5-10 yr players who are currently at their club will they loose?

Are Albury being player specific in their recruiting or just loading up willy nilly?I know you look to get as many good players as possible to your club but they actually don't need too many more to add to their list from this year to go deep into September next year.They had a lot of talent as evidenced by the two's winning a flag as well as some other major injuries to senior players to return.Spargo obviously has drawing power(along with Joss lol) but the fallout each time he has left has been fairly big.I don't believe he looks long term for the club-more so for an immediate fix.Well and good to have Carey,Whiteroid etc linked to your club but even if they get 3 years from those guys-how many 5-10 yr players who are currently at their club will they loose?

Carey - played for the Queanbeyan Tigers this year and didnt show much in the games I witnessed (3). Couldnt even make the rep squad from five teams. Could say he was big flop in the National Capital. Heard he got some coin for one year ! Didnt he do the same in Adelaide ?

tigers trying to emulate their record from the mid-90s when they had at least one player on their list that had played at another o&m club?

north alb - bush
raiders - thompson, mcalister
lavi - carroll
myrt - carey
wodonga - crothers
wang -
rovers -
corowa -
yarra -

only 4 clubs to go jossy ...

let's hope he doesn't offer buddy franklin and jarryd roughead 50% of his business!

make that 3 clubs to go!

north alb - bush
raiders - thompson, mcalister
lavi - carroll
myrt - carey
wodonga - crothers
wang -
rovers -
corowa - daly
yarra -

just reading the gv site, they seem pretty confident kirby is gonna go back to tatura, it seems the bulldogs have recruited pretty well down there and that may further entice kirby to go back, does anyone have any further info, has anyone also heard anything about lavys coming and goings, they seem quiet,i beleive they have lost a number of reserves players to bush clubs...

If things don't go well in the next couple of years, and that's regardless if they wins flags or not, they may well be spooners in 4-5 years time. The great kids they've got now aren't going to hang around if they keep buying-in heaps of players. Even though they didn't make the finals this season, got a lot of satisfaction seeing a heap of young kids get their chance and play some good footy. I can't see that happening next season. If they pick up any more mids, they may well have the luxury of playing dual best and fairest Bush in a back-pocket. And the likes of Sheather better get a soft cushion ready, can't see him getting much game time.

I would think there'd be a couple of local clubs rubbing their hands together at the prospect of picking up some good youngsters.

Hey Boys,

Big of admirer off your league...I'm from Newcastle and was just dropping a line to say hi... Any of you boys ever come up Newcastle way for work, study etc... The Warners Bay Football Club is a great place and is welcoming any new players to the area with a prospect of playing footy in "09"... It's also has a great Junior operation and juniors are most welcome for those with children... Any further enquiries visit our website www.warnersbay.org.au

Can anyone put a reliable figure of the number of Albury players on the Joss payroll? I heard a number but before i say it i would like someone to confirm it.

Probably around the dozen at the moment, but there would be a few more that worked there when recruited, still play there, but have since gained other employment

Probably around the dozen at the moment, but there would be a few more that worked there when recruited, still play there, but have since gained other employment

The number I heard (which is nearly twice that) came from an indirect source. A dozen to me sounds more likely, even though that is half the footy team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The number I heard (which is nearly twice that) came from an indirect source. A dozen to me sounds more likely, even though that is half the footy team.

Yeah, I don't think there'd be more than 15-16 at any one time, players coming into the firm and others finding other work or more appropriate if they already have a profession. It certainly helps initially if you can offer them some short-term work.

Having said that, of those that do work at the company, I know of several that are Reserves players (may have played a couple of Senior games).

Word has it, that after the Tiges win the flag next season, they'll have an intra-club match, the Jossy's v the rest of the club, to see which truly is the best side.;)

confirmation today that kirby is heading back to tatura for next year, in a massive loss to the pies hopes for a three peat.,there is still talk about cosgriff leaving as well, despite coming out in the paper a couple of weeks back, stay tuned, hopefully its wrong as u want to see as many guns in our league. as poss

Yeah, I don't think there'd be more than 15-16 at any one time, players coming into the firm and others finding other work or more appropriate if they already have a profession. It certainly helps initially if you can offer them some short-term work.

Having said that, of those that do work at the company, I know of several that are Reserves players (may have played a couple of Senior games).

Word has it, that after the Tiges win the flag next season, they'll have an intra-club match, the Jossy's v the rest of the club, to see which truly is the best side.;)

Yeah it has to be pointed out that a few reserve and fringe players also work with Joss so its not as if he only looks after the guns, now can we move on...It seems people are almost jealous that Albury has such a committed sponsor...Good on him for putting into a club he must love...

Hard to believe clubs will be on the track again for pre-season, have any clubs started havin a run yet?

Carey - played for the Queanbeyan Tigers this year and didnt show much in the games I witnessed (3). Couldnt even make the rep squad from five teams. Could say he was big flop in the National Capital. Heard he got some coin for one year ! Didnt he do the same in Adelaide ?

Get your facts straight Foot In Mouth before you go shooting your mouth off on here!
Carey battled injury all year for QBN and wouldn't have played half the games he did if the tigers hadn't had so many other injuries! secondly he said from the first day he arrived there he had no interest in playing rep footy, and considering QBN coach was the rep coach i believe? im pretty sure he would have known that and last time i checked it is not illegal for a bloke to pass on rep footy?? particulary if you are not 100%????
Lastly Carey went well in Adelaide but left for personal reasons and any twit who knew why he left QBN would not begrudge him for leaving not even QBN!

Yeah it has to be pointed out that a few reserve and fringe players also work with Joss so its not as if he only looks after the guns, now can we move on...It seems people are almost jealous that Albury has such a committed sponsor...Good on him for putting into a club he must love...

Hard to believe clubs will be on the track again for pre-season, have any clubs started havin a run yet?

Must agree with you there silver, I would imagine Albury would be the envy of all clubs having a such committed sponsor and Im sure we would all be doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back