Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

HondaMan77

Draftee
Sep 21, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve heard the crowd number was barely 1500 for the GF, can anyone confirm this figure?

Hey guys I’m about to launch a local footy page on social media covering O&M O&K TDFL and Hume league. I’ll have a few of my own journalist at games each week. The page will re-live the past and break news as it’s happening, I’ll drop the link once it’s up and running. Please share around as it’s going to be the best page for all footy fans, no biased bullshit. I’ll be relying on any keen footy fans for any inside information to contribute.
Step 1 get Geoff to do match reports

Slim, you must be happy with the way Benalla has gone this year, recruited well. I remember pre 2013 the culture was not good and the club had that reputation, what are things like now?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely. It’s been a bloody fantastic year. I know the club has tried their hardest to raise the bar. Unfortunately societal problems find their way into all clubs whether visible or not. We just seemed to have a couple more than average.
Harry Moran and Nich Spencer have brought a lot of very good ppl into the club and it has paid off. The new young fellas all love there.. and most had already re signed weeks ago apparently.

Absolutely. It’s been a bloody fantastic year. I know the club has tried their hardest to raise the bar. Unfortunately societal problems find their way into all clubs whether visible or not. We just seemed to have a couple more than average.
Harry Moran and Nich Spencer have brought a lot of very good ppl into the club and it has paid off. The new young fellas all love there.. and most had already re signed weeks ago apparently.
They looked good the weekend. Would loved to have seen them on a nice dry track. Definitely have some good players there. Couple of good up and comers in the 2’s as well. Be hard to beat if you can keep both teams together next year.

They looked good the weekend. Would loved to have seen them on a nice dry track. Definitely have some good players there. Couple of good up and comers in the 2’s as well. Be hard to beat if you can keep both teams together next year.
Yeah ****, Sat was the first time for the year we had a full side in at both levels. We’ve been lucky to have that depth to get us thru.
Doon beat us on the outside (which has been one of our strong points all year) when it was raining. Riley Moran and Al Jacka were well covered which meant Blondie Hourigan was able to run all day. At the other end I thought Regan Sheehan did a great job on Al Bennett keeping him quiet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing coaching appointments over these last few years it has me wondering about a coach demanding or commanding his respect towards his coaching abilities. Your mick newtons, steve nightingales, scott mcmasters and mick wilsons earnt their respects accordingly eg their football cv’s. For mine i believe it has largely fallen away. How does a calvene or wheeler/branson command the respect the forementioned blokes did? The only coaches of the past 5 years that i believe have given the said “hard approach” would be newbold and edwards. For mine those 2 blokes have been the only fellas that dished out a few hard truths or dropped a player regardless of his surname.

I cant see steve johnson playing favorites at yarra

I just feel that all clubs have dropped off in this respect, but am open to opinions as this is where we feed our thoughts

Last edited:
Any mail on any player movements? See Nth Wang and have got their coach, KV appointing co coaches
I think Greta have announced a couple of signings today on their social media pages and a few more in the works. Unsure of any names other than the two announced today.
McClounan and a young midfielder from the big smoke.

Hayden Sharp to coach tarrawingee? Huge get if true.. with his connections surely can bring in some quality old heads and young skill if Will and Ollie can get a few friends to join in

O&K board starting to scrape the barrel, putting out a facebook post for new board members. Looks to me like they haven’t had anyone from the usual places (eg club board members) entertain the idea. Is this the beginning of the end for the league?

O&K board starting to scrape the barrel, putting out a facebook post for new board members. Looks to me like they haven’t had anyone from the usual places (eg club board members) entertain the idea. Is this the beginning of the end for the league?
i give the league 6 years, blokes just don't want to play football anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back