Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think with a coach pulling out day before he was to be announced. Dube agreeing to do it to save face. Greta made a panic signing and they will live to regret it. Nobody local with half a brain would sign on to play for them knowing he is there.
As enjoyable as it is to read and have a laugh, I feel obliged to set the record straight in this instance.

The blues are bubbling along nicely with 5 quality new signings including a very very handy utility committing just this week.
Numbers have been good for this time of year including the pre Xmas sessions.

Feedback from the players has been that they have a clear sense of understanding of their role within the team, with team first sacrifice attitude being the underlying message.

The coach has been around for 9 years through the tough times and enjoyed the better times more recently, if you think he is silly enough to lose sight of what’s best for the long term future of the club in the quest for short term success then you don’t understand his deep seated respect and sense of responsibility for the club now and in the future.

The coach has taken the approach to focus on his coaching and you won’t hear much spruiking from him or within club, they will let their results speak for themselves.

Adding 3 mids, 2 forwards and a gun utility to a side that finished 3rd can only be a good thing. All new players will be in the top 10 players in the club

I think with a coach pulling out day before he was to be announced. Dube agreeing to do it to save face. Greta made a panic signing and they will live to regret it. Nobody local with half a brain would sign on to play for them knowing he is there.
Please respond to my reply on your previous comment at your next convenience.

As enjoyable as it is to read and have a laugh, I feel obliged to set the record straight in this instance.

The blues are bubbling along nicely with 5 quality new signings including a very very handy utility committing just this week.

Feedback from the players has been that they have a clear sense of understanding of their role within the team, with team first sacrifice attitude being the underlying message.

The coach has been around for 9 years through the tough times and enjoyed the better times more recently, if you think he is silly enough to lose sight of what’s best for the long term future of the club in the quest for short term success then you don’t understand his deep seated respect and sense of responsibility for the club now and in the future.

The coach has taken the approach to focus on his coaching and you won’t hear much spruiking from him or within club, they will let their results speak for themselves.

Adding 3 mids, 2 forwards and a gun utility to a side that finished 3rd can only be a good thing. All new players will be in the top 10 players in the club
No excuses for the blue boys to fail. January’s premiers have been crowned!

What is wrong with Dube? Been around a long time now at Greta

OKFNL Power Rankings determined by off season pick ups:
1. Bright
2. Milawa
3. Bonnie Doon
4. Greta
5. North Wangaratta

Going to be a very interesting season.

It’s January - but keen for practice matches to be posted soon.
I see Blacks & Hoppers battling for the spoon…

Baker Medal: Lachie Kennett

Leading Goalkicker: Declan Bren

Biggest Story: Belly to get the flick mid year after one too many boilovers

d408c40a9c0cda425515a84e687ea9e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:

All new players (5) in the top ten. Here ya go current players. Have this kick in the guts to start the year. Haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s wrong with that? You think clubs only recruit bottom 6 players so as not to upset their players from the previous year? 🙄
You blokes would’ve had some success by now if you had some forward thinkers running that place. I wouldn’t be satisfied just being competitive, to each their own.

Did you mean netball recruits? That’s all I’ve seen in the past month on the Greta social media page.

You blokes are hard to have a back and forward sensible chat with. I’ll try to spell it out in simple terms anyone with primary school level intelligence can understand….

In the past Greta have been accused of over estimating their own chances far too much in January. Talking up their recruits and being criticised for it.

So the new coach has decided not to do any interviews for the local paper and not announce their signings on their social media pages as an attempt to keep things in house and keep the outside chat to a minimum.
He isn’t worried what anyone else thinks their chances are.

Is that clear enough?

Coach and club satisfied with their recruiting, confident ed they will be better than last year. By how much I guess we will wait and see.
I haven’t chuckled this hard for some time, you dingbats could be smooth sailing had you taken an incredible offer laid down years ago, subpar is your ceiling. Always been a bunch of arrogant grubs running that place, turned their own favourite son away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back