Ovens & King football 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Meyer staying on as coach of the lions

Do they want him? How has his year coaching-wise gone?

Performance wise (51 goals on the year to date) it is interesting to note that he has kicked 29 goals against the bottom sides; 12 and 7 vs Bonnie Doon and 10 vs North Wang. 35 if you include a bag of six against Goorambat. Which gives him 16 goals from the other 11 games...

Do they want him? How has his year coaching-wise gone?

Performance wise (51 goals on the year to date) it is interesting to note that he has kicked 29 goals against the bottom sides; 12 and 7 vs Bonnie Doon and 10 vs North Wang. 35 if you include a bag of six against Goorambat. Which gives him 16 goals from the other 11 games...

Beat me to it, only kicks goals against the bottom teams

Who coaches nth wang next year?

A massive job for anyone that takes it on, will need to recruit an entire senior side basically if they instant results or have someone willing to wear some heartache for a couple of years while they rebuild.... They certainly have the determination at the Club tho.

A massive job for anyone that takes it on, will need to recruit an entire senior side basically if they instant results or have someone willing to wear some heartache for a couple of years while they rebuild.... They certainly have the determination at the Club tho.
Given the points system and salary cap limitations you'd probably have to think we'll be on a slow burn for a few years unless somehow we can magically entice players that are quality and played U18s at the club, not sure how many of them there are around though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you may need to talk to the people at Milawa but if thats your gut feeling then so be it

I think travel will be a big factor for him, if he can take off some of the responsibility and downgrade to just a gameday role i think he will stay.

"You may need to talk to the people at Milawa" is that a suggestion that he will be full time coach? Or are you having a go at my lack of knowledge about a club i have allegiance to?

"So be it" spare me

I think travel will be a big factor for him, if he can take off some of the responsibility and downgrade to just a gameday role i think he will stay.

"You may need to talk to the people at Milawa" is that a suggestion that he will be full time coach? Or are you having a go at my lack of knowledge about a club i have allegiance to?

"So be it" spare me

Or is he saying Milawa Dont want him ??

every where he has been seems to improve under him, so he must be doing something right. I guess when you cant play anymore it is the next best thing.

every where he has been seems to improve under him, so he must be doing something right. I guess when you cant play anymore it is the next best thing.
Seems to be the case, he obviously has what it takes to get a side into September action. I’d be really interested to see how he went over 2 years at Rutherglen. He took over at Rand-Walbundrie when they were in a similar position to Rutherglen. But was helped by the fact they were flush with cash and able to recruit a carload of guns from the ACT league. Then coaches the CSU bushpigs where the side ride the ups and downs of that years uni student intake, by all accounts he did a reasonable job with them. Hard to judge his impact at Milawa as they had a very strong side and then added 4 top liners. Perhaps curry can add some more insight with his inside knowledge of the dees?

On another note it will be interesting to see who takes the North Wang, and Bonnie Doon jobs on in 2019, I think we are in need of a shake up in the Comp or it will continue to go as it has for the last few years.

Hard to judge his impact at Milawa as they had a very strong side and then added 4 top liners. Perhaps curry can add some more insight with his inside knowledge of the dees?

On another note it will be interesting to see who takes the North Wang, and Bonnie Doon jobs on in 2019, I think we are in need of a shake up in the Comp or it will continue to go as it has for the last few years.

At the helm of a Rolls Royce of a side.
As for improvement, just a general focus on better skills and increased fitness can exponentially improve a side.
But to be able to manage a team like Milawa and get them to where they are is an achievement. A long way to go though.

As for North Wang/Bonnie Doon they need a coach from outside of the club with enough contacts to bring 4-5 strong players to the club at cost. Build up the club again. Start small. Big picture sort of bloke. What’s Newbold doing? He would be ideal.

Newbold has signed on again for season 2019 with the blues!

Say Bonnie Doon and Northwang get a new coach each for next season and some handy recruits, what happens with fielding a reserves team?

IMO for them both to be back to where they need to be (both fielding 2s teams) is going to take a good couple
Of seasons and some good loyal recruits who will see at least 2-3 seasons out at the club

At the helm of a Rolls Royce of a side.
As for improvement, just a general focus on better skills and increased fitness can exponentially improve a side.
But to be able to manage a team like Milawa and get them to where they are is an achievement. A long way to go though.

As for North Wang/Bonnie Doon they need a coach from outside of the club with enough contacts to bring 4-5 strong players to the club at cost. Build up the club again. Start small. Big picture sort of bloke. What’s Newbold doing? He would be ideal.
He is staying onboard at the Blues, keep ya dirty mits away from him Curry!
If Bonnie Doon or North Wang can’t field two teams next year they should be consider only fielding ressie teams not senior teams. They would be competitive and possible win a couple of games that way. Much more enjoyable way to spend the winter!
They could spend 12 months saving money and chasing players for 2020 with extra points allowance from the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back