Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Vic & the O&K Board won't have any plans for the under 19s they will just sit back as normal till just before the start of
next season before getting involved you would think they would of had a couple of meetings by now with the clubs involved
to go over numbers coming from junior leagues .
Would even think the board should be concerned enough to be calling a meeting with club to looking into the
Reserve comp as there are a number of sides may struggle in this area as well.
What are the Board going to do if clubs can not field Reserves are they going to cut club from the O&K as they indicated
to Nth Wang & Boon Doon last year if they couldn't field a side this year & have the got the power to do that
How would 14 a side go in the Reserves? 5 forwards, 5 backs and 4 midfielders?

I have heard from a man in the real estate game in Myrtleford that Ben Reid has bought into Alexander first national real estate in Bright.

I also understand that Regan Alexander and Ben Reid are good mates. Could this mean that a possible deal could be done to see the AFL premiership player have a kick in a couple of games for bright in 2019 and make them a possible contender for the flag...?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Won’t Ben Reid be playing for Collingwood in 2019?

How would 14 a side go in the Reserves? 5 forwards, 5 backs and 4 midfielders?

It's already 16 side comp if you start reducing it 14 then what's next 12 not sure how the older blokes would go a lot of ground to cover
Not sure what's the answer is but this is why the O&K , AFL Vic & clubs should be sitting down together now and discussing numbers and
what option are out there ,and not leaving it to a couple of weeks before the start of the season

The league needs a shake up, wether that means some new board members, new ideas. Somethings gotta happen otherwise 3rds will be gone then seconds and the league will be an even bigger joke!

The O&K Board is the biggest joke, They are the most unprofessional group a league could have
Most of them have got no idea what's going on at club level, Not one of they would have any idea about the third comp
Most time don't consult club they are well past there use by date. But no one new will put there hand up because it would be to hard to work with them
it is a closed shop. It's need an whole new group as you say that will consult with clubs and question AFL VIC what they are doing
to help and not just go along with everything they say. I am afraid it maybe all to late as thing have gone so far back under this Board it
is going to take a long time to turn things around

Why is it always the board or the leagues fault with player numbers?
They can’t get players and place them at clubs.
I think most sporting clubs around struggle for numbers not just football.
And no clubs want to merge to decrease the number of players needed around the area. So the problem of player shortage continues.
We all want to blame someone else......

Why is it always the board or the leagues fault with player numbers?
They can’t get players and place them at clubs.
I think most sporting clubs around struggle for numbers not just football.
And no clubs want to merge to decrease the number of players needed around the area. So the problem of player shortage continues.
We all want to blame someone else......
From the outside looking in shouldn't the league police the way clubs run themselves?

From the outside looking in shouldn't the league police the way clubs run themselves?

Not a bad point. But how far can the league and or board go. Must clubs are not always willing to let so called outsiders know how they run their club.
The issue really is player numbers. Too many clubs trying to pull players out of the Wangaratta area.
Corowa area is having the same problem. Benalla area as well.
It is not isolated to the Ovens & King.
Players to my knowledge are not traveling to other areas to play footy from the Wangaratta area.

I don’t have an answer as such as to how to fix the problem. No one does as it would have already happened.

Last edited:
First off lets get rid of the Elephant in the room. Bonnie Doon & North Wang should be kicked from the league.They have been sitting rock bottom for decades now. It would undoubtedly improve the league as soon as that happens, all these clubs are good for is the percentage boost is supplies the top order teams. If O&K footy is to survive this is a change that must happen.

First off lets get rid of the Elephant in the room. Bonnie Doon & North Wang should be kicked from the league.They have been sitting rock bottom for decades now. It would undoubtedly improve the league as soon as that happens, all these clubs are good for is the percentage boost is supplies the top order teams. If O&K footy is to survive this is a change that must happen.

Why not merge nth Wang and Glenrowan? I am told a certain ego has floated the idea before!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute rubbish news to hear about the newly assigned coaches of Glenrowan, since when did they allow toddlers to run a team! McPhails must have heads full of rocks.. to let go of a duel premiership coach of Centrals, A player who was on Richmonds list for 5 years, a man who carried Glenrowan for decades, won 3 league medals of O&K, leading league goal kicker for 7 years, 11 club B&Fs, and one of the best seen coaches in Victoria, in Joe Bedendo must be out of there mind. All I can say now is good luck to a team that won't win a game come 2020.

Absolute rubbish news to hear about the newly assigned coaches of Glenrowan, since when did they allow toddlers to run a team! McPhails must have heads full of rocks.. to let go of a duel premiership coach of Centrals, A player who was on Richmonds list for 5 years, a man who carried Glenrowan for decades, won 3 league medals of O&K, leading league goal kicker for 7 years, 11 club B&Fs, and one of the best seen coaches in Victoria, in Joe Bedendo must be out of there mind. All I can say now is good luck to a team that won't win a game come 2020.
Well said joe

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe Joey is off too bigger and better things, and by that i mean watching his son run around in the magoos

Agreed. You don't get much better than sitting back and watching some quality magoos footy, with the star Full Back Bedendo in action racking up kick after kick without any of them that can actually spin backwards
Rovers two's look very threatning next year, with two stars at either end, Bedendo & Holland-Dean. Could bring up another flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back