Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

heard also he will be at the nest next year

Long time reader first time poster.

Signed at Hawks Nest. Expect to be in the paper this week with 2 more recruits who have just arrived back in the country from their winter sabbatical! Hearing they are working the phones a hell of a lot. Coming from a long long way back though.
Sam Myors, Michael Blomely and Damian Bradley all on their way out of the valley and up the Hume to play at Jindera was the word at the pub Friday night. Dan Cassidy also a chance to be following them from Greta.
Kilner, Ralph, Hansted and Norman all been heavily targeted by TDFL clubs

Long time reader first time poster.

Signed at Hawks Nest. Expect to be in the paper this week with 2 more recruits who have just arrived back in the country from their winter sabbatical! Hearing they are working the phones a hell of a lot. Coming from a long long way back though.
Sam Myors, Michael Blomely and Damian Bradley all on their way out of the valley and up the Hume to play at Jindera was the word at the pub Friday night. Dan Cassidy also a chance to be following them from Greta.
Kilner, Ralph, Hansted and Norman all been heavily targeted by TDFL clubs

Ralph will be a very handy 2's player in the TDFL. was just servicable in the O&K and TDFL is a lot stronger league. Kilner got on the end of a good side and kicked goals not sure of the year he had this year when they didnt have the quality. Hansted will be a good pick for someone..and Norman well i think his body and mind is shot..Ive heard the package deal was $2000 a game for the 4 of them

Ralph will be a very handy 2's player in the TDFL. was just servicable in the O&K and TDFL is a lot stronger league. Kilner got on the end of a good side and kicked goals not sure of the year he had this year when they didnt have the quality. Hansted will be a good pick for someone..and Norman well i think his body and mind is shot..Ive heard the package deal was $2000 a game for the 4 of them

A lot of money isn't it. Especially when the output doesn't always result in the money paid.

Anyone heard the rumour getting around the traps about Tarra players leaving due to the financial position the club is in and cutting back on player payments? not sure how true it is but in todays climate wouldn't be surprised.

Will Milawa come back to the pack you think or they still along way out in front? Big Cleve joining the police force and a few retirements
Can Bright improve there list enough to make that gap more manageable?
North Wang will play finals this year if they land a few more

A lot of money isn't it. Especially when the output doesn't always result in the money paid.

Anyone heard the rumour getting around the traps about Tarra players leaving due to the financial position the club is in and cutting back on player payments? not sure how true it is but in todays climate wouldn't be surprised.

Will Milawa come back to the pack you think or they still along way out in front? Big Cleve joining the police force and a few retirements
For someone new to the group you seem to know a lot! Think there is a opening at the local rag that might hold you in account.
NW would need 10 +players to play finals

I dont think blokes like Apples and Sanga wouldve been on a lot of money at Tarra..And as far as Milawa go they have a huge Money tree gifted to them so i cant see them dropping off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think blokes like Apples and Sanga wouldve been on a lot of money at Tarra..And as far as Milawa go they have a huge Money tree gifted to them so i cant see them dropping off
A lot of talk about not much. Still the inevitable "ice berg " approaches? Shuffle the deck chairs.
Maybe stop wondering about paying "F" grade sports people just to turn up , ( and play K grade sport ) , and wonder the effect of no juniors?
Footy that is. Maybe clubs could look at aligning with WDFL junior clubs ? Play junior league matches at O @ K. North wang the obvious one to approach anyone. Close to town. Free entry. Kangas a bus out to KV ( early in the season)

Last edited:
A lot of talk about not much. Still the inevitable "ice berg " approaches? Shuffle the deck chairs.
Maybe stop wondering about paying "F" grade sports people just to turn up , ( and play K grade sport ) , and wonder the effect of no juniors?
Footy that is. Maybe clubs could look at aligning with WDFL junior clubs ? Play junior league matches at O @ K. North wang the obvious one to approach anyone. Close to town. Free entry. Kangas a bus out to KV ( early in the season)

Clubs should at least have a couple of blokes from both grades go and train with a junior club to entice kids to play o and k footy. Would look good for the clubs, generate some respect from parents as well as excite a few young blokes training with local footy stars. Switch it up every week, say 4-5 different blokes each week

Hansted has signed at Barnawartha. Heard Matt Robinson and Bryce Ralph were seen at the pub sunday arvo with Joel Bihun. Wonder if old Joely boy was trying to lure them to North.

Great points about the junior set up. If the powers to be at North Wang are smart enough they would be doing exactly that and inviting them out. Who wouldn't wanna train on that ground?

Hansted has signed at Barnawartha. Heard Matt Robinson and Bryce Ralph were seen at the pub sunday arvo with Joel Bihun. Wonder if old Joely boy was trying to lure them to North.

Great points about the junior set up. If the powers to be at North Wang are smart enough they would be doing exactly that and inviting them out. Who wouldn't wanna train on that ground?

I think the junior league should be scrapped in the form it is..There are to many senior clubs fighting for survival. Then you you have 7 or 8 Junior leagues also running as a separate entity, taking away sponsors, volunteers, supporters and players, cause ethere son and or daughter is playing junior league. All the strong leagues around the region have 4ths and 3rds..

Also heard Robinson was going to Nth Wang

I think you’ll find Northwang had linked up with Centrals last year.
I believe they trained out at there ground a handful of times with them, and played 2-3 games out there.
They also held junior league finals out there this year.

It’s a great idea getting the young fellas all linked up with O and K clubs 👍🏻

They already have centrals playing all home games at nw next year apparently

Bit awkward North Wang announcing recruits in the paper and then for Spencer to turn around in the border and say he hadn’t signed and isn’t going anywhere.

Or is there more to the story??

Can you fill us in more mate?

Talking to a bloke at work about Spencer today actually. Funny thing he mentioned was that Spencer was trying to recruit players to North Wang but now says he's not going anywhere. Doesn't add up.....
In my dealings with Dallas Colman he seems like a honest fella.

Wonder if there other recruits are legitimate?

Cold feet perhaps.

Big blow to there forward stocks regardless!

Talking to a bloke at work about Spencer today actually. Funny thing he mentioned was that Spencer was trying to recruit players to North Wang but now says he's not going anywhere. Doesn't add up.....
In my dealings with Dallas Colman he seems like a honest fella.

Wonder if there other recruits are legitimate?

Cold feet perhaps.

Big blow to there forward stocks regardless!
Who is Spencer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back