Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Have moyhu released their prized ruckman? Hearing Cheong heading in to town on big money, Cresswell threw his weight around but think the big man is swaying towards a long awaited return to the magpies nest. Flips the premiership race right on its head.
The big question, is there room in the cap for him?

Have moyhu released their prized ruckman? Hearing Cheong heading in to town on big money, Cresswell threw his weight around but think the big man is swaying towards a long awaited return to the magpies nest. Flips the premiership race right on its head.
The big question, is there room in the cap for him?

He was talking about going to Moyhu because the club he played for the last few years isnt around anymore..partially because they played blokes like him way overs for what he worth..

He was talking about going to Moyhu because the club he played for the last few years isnt around anymore..partially because they played blokes like him way overs for what he worth..
Exactly, but in all seriousness I’ve heard him and a few others thinking of heading in to town for the year and returning next year.

I see the Greta Coach wants an answer one way or the other..Why do we have to rush in and make a decision ?? Yes it would be nice to know one way or the other but imagine if we make the decision to cancel the season and in a month or 2 it looks like we couldve had some sort of footy, the way things are opening up it could be a possibility

I see the Greta Coach wants an answer one way or the other..Why do we have to rush in and make a decision ?? Yes it would be nice to know one way or the other but imagine if we make the decision to cancel the season and in a month or 2 it looks like we couldve had some sort of footy, the way things are opening up it could be a possibility
Totally agree. I would like to see the AFL NEB say something like “on June 15 we will make decision on a start date. If we can’t set a date by that time the season will be called off”.
something like that is my suggestion.

Totally agree. I would like to see the AFL NEB say something like “on June 15 we will make decision on a start date. If we can’t set a date by that time the season will be called off”.
something like that is my suggestion.
agree 100%

At least the uncertainty hasn’t stopped Milawa from prancing around at training.
29 guys and an odd ball, all happy to train through the winter regardless of any games being played, and pay free.
What a noble bunch.

At least the uncertainty hasn’t stopped Milawa from prancing around at training.
29 guys and an odd ball, all happy to train through the winter regardless of any games being played, and pay free.
What a noble bunch.

At least they have a football club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At least they have a football club.

June 24 the start of the ski season I gather. Yet no start for country footy. June 20 would seem appropriate.
So where would you rather be , re Covid19 , on Buller with thousands of people from the burbs of Melbourne , or in your car on the fence at Milawa , Tarra etc, with people who will socially distance ?

June 24 the start of the ski season I gather. Yet no start for country footy. June 20 would seem appropriate.
So where would you rather be , re Covid19 , on Buller with thousands of people from the burbs of Melbourne , or in your car on the fence at Milawa , Tarra etc, with people who will socially distance ?
Milawa’s match winners were from the burbs of Melbourne, I wonder if they can handle a season with out paying blokes from Melbourne.
But yes, very very low risk on the fence at the local footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way it’s looking all clubs will have had somewhat of a recession this season, if anything, it was a little win to bide ones time.

Id be very surprised if the powers that be allow Glenrowan back in any time soon..I think they seen it as a blessing in disguise with player numbers and things like that

They aren’t going to find fifty players and Stand alone again, but the league officials will be keen to have the club merge, most clubs are struggling for numbers.
To win 8 games in a season and then completely fold the following year would rarely ever happen.
The ovens and Murray reserves comp should be scrapped, to strengthen all the other leagues. It adds nothing to the comp.

They aren’t going to find fifty players and Stand alone again, but the league officials will be keen to have the club merge, most clubs are struggling for numbers.
To win 8 games in a season and then completely fold the following year would rarely ever happen.
The ovens and Murray reserves comp should be scrapped, to strengthen all the other leagues. It adds nothing to the comp.
Glenrowan have never had 30 players at the club little own 50. 50 including the opposition team ever second week ,maybe but not consistently as not many people liked travelling to that s**t hole.
Yeh I’m sure “ovens and Murray would scrap there reserves comp for your s**t team to start back up”
Got to be up there with the “stupid s**t bruise head says” and that server is almost full now you clown so you better settle.

Glenrowan have never had 30 players at the club little own 50. 50 including the opposition team ever second week ,maybe but not consistently as not many people liked travelling to that s**t hole.
Yeh I’m sure “ovens and Murray would scrap there reserves comp for your s**t team to start back up”
Got to be up there with the “stupid s**t bruise head says” and that server is almost full now you clown so you better settle.
The idea was floated by a few highly regarded, former o&m board members you dip s**t, so I can’t take credit for such a great idea, but couldn’t agree more with the concept.
No one gives a s**t about the 2s comp, the players can help strengthen all the district leagues.

Didn’t they approach every club in the comp to merge over the last few years and we’re turned down by all of them? What’s going to change? Why would someone agree to a merger now?

Yep just rock up and pay your gate fee at least that’s something into the coffers even if forced to stay in car
most could bring there own grub or allowed so many at canteen at a time

The idea was floated by a few highly regarded, former o&m board members you dip s**t, so I can’t take credit for such a great idea, but couldn’t agree more with the concept.
No one gives a s**t about the 2s comp, the players can help strengthen all the district leagues.
And shut down by pretty much every club involved im told so why bring it up. Your club is history just let it go. 1 less team is the best thing for the O and K and it’s just an added bonus that it was the most hated club and most poorly run to go 🤷‍♂️

I think Michael Tuck gave a s**t about a twos comp before he cracked the main game and look what happened there
a lot of players play plenty of twos games myself included where I played 80 odd games before going on to play over 100 senior games
Removing seconds in major league means players flowing down and less involment in game

Removing seconds in a major league? It’s already been done. Look at the afl/vfl model, the ovens and Murray, teams should be aligned with a district league club. The good players that just miss out on a senior game each week end up going bush anyway, and make those leagues much more entertaining to watch. The o&m twos end up with a bunch of inept footballers who are too s**t for district league seniors and not even close to getting a game where they are. I enjoy the district league twos, but I don’t enjoy watching them struggle to field sides.
If Tuck was playing now, there wouldn’t be seconds comp to go to.
No body watches the seconds comp, and no body gives a crap about it.
Women’s football will eventually fill that time slot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back