Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And shut down by pretty much every club involved im told so why bring it up. Your club is history just let it go. 1 less team is the best thing for the O and K and it’s just an added bonus that it was the most hated club and most poorly run to go 🤷‍♂️
How can a poorly run club win 4 consecutive premierships? North Wang attempted to do that and couldn’t retain their list for more than one season, they win the worst managed club award.
As for the most hated club, Milawa wins that by the length of the playing groups inflated egos.

How can a poorly run club win 4 consecutive premierships? North Wang attempted to do that and couldn’t retain their list for more than one season, they win the worst managed club award.
As for the most hated club, Milawa wins that by the length of the playing groups inflated egos.
Absolutely the worst run team in the league. Spent the coffer on 4 flags that don’t even matter anymore as the club doesn’t and won’t exist anymore. North Wang are miles ahead of glenrowan for a couple reasons.
1. They went through all that crap for a few years with no ground and barely any players but good management has brought them back and they should be commended for that.
2. They are still here kicking while glenrowan will go down as the biggest flop club in o an k.
I find it easy for clubs to hate good clubs like Tarra and Milawa for being so successful for a long time, but hey they must of rubbed you up the wrong way as they’re still kicking strong and you are not.

Absolutely the worst run team in the league. Spent the coffer on 4 flags that don’t even matter anymore as the club doesn’t and won’t exist anymore. North Wang are miles ahead of glenrowan for a couple reasons.
1. They went through all that crap for a few years with no ground and barely any players but good management has brought them back and they should be commended for that.
2. They are still here kicking while glenrowan will go down as the biggest flop club in o an k.
I find it easy for clubs to hate good clubs like Tarra and Milawa for being so successful for a long time, but hey they must of rubbed you up the wrong way as they’re still kicking strong and you are not.
fair comment

I wouldnt say Tarra are hated tho..I think respected as they are probably the best team over the past 10 years, but fly under the radar because Milawa throw huge money around(as Glenrowan did), and have been lead very well by their past coaches Mick Wilson and Trev Edwards who respect opposition clubs

Seasons officially done, you can all stop bitching about each other’s teams until next year.
This fell on deaf ears it would seem!

A bit like the wife popping her head in to tell the boys the pub has just opened its doors and they keep boxing on over the PlayStation instead.

The silver lining is, Milawa need to wait another year to go back to back.
FUN FACT: Milawa haven’t won back to back flags since the mid 1980s.
Incredible stat considering the astronomical money spent in recent times.

I wouldnt say Tarra are hated tho..I think respected as they are probably the best team over the past 10 years, but fly under the radar because Milawa throw huge money around(as Glenrowan did), and have been lead very well by their past coaches Mick Wilson and Trev Edwards who respect opposition clubs
Yeh nah you’re right Tarrawingee have never payed players from Melbourne. There’s always been a rivalry between the 2 but I’d hardly say that Tarra would be the best of the last 10 years. I’d give you on par with Milawa. Mick Wilson top coach as was Mick Newton. Both have had some ripper teams. 08 Tarra vs 19 Milawa would be a spectacle to watch. 2 best teams over ever seen in the O and K along with early 00’s Moyhu.

Yeh nah you’re right Tarrawingee have never payed players from Melbourne. There’s always been a rivalry between the 2 but I’d hardly say that Tarra would be the best of the last 10 years. I’d give you on par with Milawa. Mick Wilson top coach as was Mick Newton. Both have had some ripper teams. 08 Tarra vs 19 Milawa would be a spectacle to watch. 2 best teams over ever seen in the O and K along with early 00’s Moyhu.
More bias bullshit, that 2019 side wouldn’t even be in the top ten best premiership sides, what an extremely stupid comment to say they’re the best sides ever seen. How old are you? Clearly haven’t watched much footy in the past.
Moyhu 2011 NW 2012 and all the Glenrowan and recent Tarra premiership sides would have thumped that team. The bottom six were incapable Spud’s, you literally relied on 4 players the entire season. (and a pile of gold)
You soft utensils were rattled before the games even started in a few of those losing ones.

Last edited:
More bias bullshit, that 2019 side wouldn’t even be in the top ten best premiership sides, what an extremely stupid comment to say they’re the best sides ever seen. How old are you? Clearly haven’t watched much footy in the past.
Moyhu 2011 NW 2012 and all the Glenrowan and recent Tarra premiership sides would have thumped that team. The bottom six were incapable Spud’s, you literally relied on 4 players the entire season. (and a pile of gold)
You soft utensils were rattled before the games even started in a few of those losing ones.
Showing everyone how triggered you are by Milawa’s success again. Not one of your fake premierships we’re done undefeated. Wasted all that money and destroying a club on fake flags and still not the best team. Kidding yourself if you don’t rate 08 Tarra and 19 Milawa but we all know the hatred you have for successful club so no one takes your dribble seriously.

Showing everyone how triggered you are by Milawa’s success again. Not one of your fake premierships we’re done undefeated. Wasted all that money and destroying a club on fake flags and still not the best team. Kidding yourself if you don’t rate 08 Tarra and 19 Milawa but we all know the hatred you have for successful club so no one takes your dribble seriously.
When did I say I didn’t rate Tarras 08 side ? Stop throwing them in your basket of softy’s, everybody respects their players and that club.
You guys had to buy it, no respect mate, didn’t even require a coach. Your dribble is becoming unbearable. What are you 110 years old? You can genuinely say 2019 was the best side the leagues seen 😂😂😂

If no one listens to the dribble stop responding to it........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did I say I didn’t rate Tarras 08 side ? Stop throwing them in your basket of softy’s, everybody respects their players and that club.
You guys had to buy it, no respect mate, didn’t even require a coach. Your dribble is becoming unbearable. What are you 110 years old? You can genuinely say 2019 was the best side the leagues seen 😂😂😂
Just like you saying that Glenrowan were a good club and they’re coming back next year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If they didn’t require a coach does that mean they are the best side? Because you say how great Mick Wilson and Nigel Robinson was in winning the premierships? Which I agree they are great coaches. And well respected

If they didn’t require a coach does that mean they are the best side? Because you say how great Mick Wilson and Nigel Robinson was in winning the premierships? Which I agree they are great coaches. And well respected
When you have premiership winning sides going undefeated, it says more about the state of the competition than the premiers themselves. That’s like saying Petts is a master coach because no one could beat them.
Yes they were the best side last year, by a mile, against weak opposition.
The statement they’re the best side the league has seen, is by far the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on here. Doesn’t even make sense to say that, the league used to be one of the strongest competitions around.

When you have premiership winning sides going undefeated, it says more about the state of the competition than the premiers themselves. That’s like saying Petts is a master coach because no one could beat them.
Yes they were the best side last year, by a mile, against weak opposition.
The statement they’re the best side the league has seen, is by far the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on here. Doesn’t even make sense to say that, the league used to be one of the strongest competitions around.

I have been around O&K for years and rate the 2019 team as the best team in the clubs history. Before that the 1985 team was the best team. The 85 team is one of, or the best team in league history. The 2019 team did not have one weak player. You say they had four players carrying the team and six poor bottom six players. Totally disagree. Like to see you name the six?

A game between the 1985 team and 2019 team would be a ripper. A lot of father and sons playing against each other too.

A game between the 1985 team and 2019 team would be a ripper. A lot of father and sons playing against each other too.

Should get the club to organise it. Only chance of a game being played in the O&K before April 2021 now.

I have been around O&K for years and rate the 2019 team as the best team in the clubs history. Before that the 1985 team was the best team. The 85 team is one of, or the best team in league history. The 2019 team did not have one weak player. You say they had four players carrying the team and six poor bottom six players. Totally disagree. Like to see you name the six?

I think The Real Speedway had one too many fairy floss cruiser before he had his epiphany.
I’d say Chiltern would be in the mix for the best fielded sides (that I have personally witnessed)
Maybe the 85 premiership players can teach their sons a thing or two about humility. Can’t imagine any of those blokes declaring they were the greatest team of all time 6 months after the fact.

I must say I haven’t seen much O&K football, but I saw Bright last season and if they were the second best side, it was obviously an incredibly weak competition. So it’s hard to say a team is great because they went undefeated when there wasn’t much opposition.
I agree. Bright weren’t that strong and were just ahead of Tarra. Everyone else seemed another level below again.

Who were some of the strong players in ‘85?

I agree. Bright weren’t that strong and were just ahead of Tarra. Everyone else seemed another level below again.
You’re exactly right, but there was also another level below the low level, this was an exclusive club, to enter you needed to remain winless for the entire season.

You’re exactly right, but there was also another level below the low level, this was an exclusive club, to enter you needed to remain winless for the entire season.
Put your strawberry milkshake down you forgot one. The extremely exclusive club to which only 1 club belonged to in 2019 and that was the club that strung out a pathetic attempt of a season (including forfeiting a sensor game which is extremely pathetic) to try and salvage their trash club which led to the inevitable. Great result for all 👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back