Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Put your strawberry milkshake down you forgot one. The extremely exclusive club to which only 1 club belonged to in 2019 and that was the club that strung out a pathetic attempt of a season (including forfeiting a sensor game which is extremely pathetic) to try and salvage their trash club which led to the inevitable. Great result for all 👌
I wouldn’t say teams forfeiting matches or folding is an exclusive club, sadly sides are amalgamating and disappearing all over the country.
But I agree about being in an extremely exclusive club, its called the four peat club, I’m not expecting company any time soon.

I wouldn’t say teams forfeiting matches or folding is an exclusive club, sadly sides are amalgamating and disappearing all over the country.
But I agree about being in an extremely exclusive club, its called the four peat club, I’m not expecting company any time soon.

Shouldn’t it be bought-four peat club, talk all the trash you want about other clubs paying blokes too much money but the simple fact is your old mob paid top dollar for everyone one of those flags. They had some very good players and regardless of what anyone says to win four in a row is a huge effort. It’s just a shame those 4 flags came at the cost of running the club into the ground. I guess that’s what’s happens when 15 blokes out of a side are from out of town and couldn’t care less about the football club as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's a bit rough saying bright are ordinary this is a club that pays the least out of all the clubs in the onk and solely relies on young kids in the area
And on all the talk about good sides chiltern in the 90s

It's a bit rough saying bright are ordinary this is a club that pays the least out of all the clubs in the onk and solely relies on young kids in the area
I was the one that said that. I’ll own it. I just meant that as the second best side in the comp last year based on being runners up, I didn’t think they were that strong a side. They were clearly honest and full of guts but over the years we have seen many top 4 or 5 teams that were better than Bright were last year.
After Milawa it dropped away significantly last season and then after Tarra I thought it dropped quite low again.

Shouldn’t it be bought-four peat club, talk all the trash you want about other clubs paying blokes too much money but the simple fact is your old mob paid top dollar for everyone one of those flags. They had some very good players and regardless of what anyone says to win four in a row is a huge effort. It’s just a shame those 4 flags came at the cost of running the club into the ground. I guess that’s what’s happens when 15 blokes out of a side are from out of town and couldn’t care less about the football club as a whole.

There isn’t a super like button but take this as a super like 👍👍👍

I was the one that said that. I’ll own it. I just meant that as the second best side in the comp last year based on being runners up, I didn’t think they were that strong a side. They were clearly honest and full of guts but over the years we have seen many top 4 or 5 teams that were better than Bright were last year.
After Milawa it dropped away significantly last season and then after Tarra I thought it dropped quite low again.
Summed up beautifully, anyone who argues that are vision impaired. Kicking 9 un-answered goals in a grandfinal really shouldn’t happen.

Agree on Chiltern, an uneducated halfwit who has only seen the past decade of footy made some ridiculous claims.

Agree on Chiltern, an uneducated halfwit who has only seen the past decade of footy made some ridiculous claims.
Chiltern got what they deserved. One of the dirtiest teams I’ve ever seen play. Didn’t belong in the O and K. The only halfwit here is you as you think you’re the only one with knowledge about the league. New flash muppet the league has moved on from glenrowan as they did with chiltern in the 90s...

Chiltern got what they deserved. One of the dirtiest teams I’ve ever seen play. Didn’t belong in the O and K. The only halfwit here is you as you think you’re the only one with knowledge about the league. New flash muppet the league has moved on from glenrowan as they did with chiltern in the 90s...
What do you mean Chiltern got what they deserved? They moved to, what is now a much stronger league.
I don’t think that at all, I’m not going to claim sides are the best the leagues seen when I haven’t witnessed over half the leagues history. Milawas 82 runner up side was much stronger than the 2019 undefeated one, the standard was much better back then.

What do you mean Chiltern got what they deserved? They moved to, what is now a much stronger league.
I don’t think that at all, I’m not going to claim sides are the best the leagues seen when I haven’t witnessed over half the leagues history. Milawas 82 runner up side was much stronger than the 2019 undefeated one, the standard was much better back then.
You are entitled to that opinion but seeing as you’re extremely biased towards anything Milawa its not really relevant. I’ve heard from many past players about the quality of the milawa teams. Most say 85 and 19 are their top teams.

You are entitled to that opinion but seeing as you’re extremely biased towards anything Milawa its not really relevant. I’ve heard from many past players about the quality of the milawa teams. Most say 85 and 19 are their top teams.
If the best premiership side ever was measured in how much it cost to win, then I’d say you’d be right on the money.

It’s not all about money, half the battles finding enough people who want to play, a problem most of the clubs have. Short numbers are another factor in why pays don’t correlate with ability. It’s how the cheongys of the world get their $400 a match. (No disrespect to the big man, he did once kick the sealer in a close game) just can’t remember which colours he was wearing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not all about money, half the battles finding enough people who want to play, a problem most of the clubs have. Short numbers are another factor in why pays don’t correlate with ability. It’s how the cheongys of the world get their $400 a match. (No disrespect to the big man, he did once kick the sealer in a close game) just can’t remember which colours he was wearing.

It wasnt in the green and gold he was never on that much there !!! Maybe a quarter of that..

The o&k have left themselves wide open for a big player exodus, pulled the trigger too early.
Players will likely have a few days to lodge transfers.

New coach for North Wang next year. Told Dallas and Josh to stay on as players! Rumour has it another ex-milawa player

Going to throw a name around? I thought they’d give Dallas another crack he’s done a good job.

If true, let’s not jump to the conclusion the club didn’t give him another crack.
There is no chance they would have shown him the door, it would’ve been 100% Dallas’ decision. Only decent level headed bloke they’ve had at that s**t hole for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back