Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the 25th of July a return to play has been mentioned! Would the league reverse their decision?

As i said ia an earlier post GIF the greta coach was crying out for a decision to be made in the local paper but what was the point rushing into it, now everyting is opening we are stuck with the decision..and the real proposition of clubs losing lots of players

As i said ia an earlier post GIF the greta coach was crying out for a decision to be made in the local paper but what was the point rushing into it, now everyting is opening we are stuck with the decision..and the real proposition of clubs losing lots of players
I expect a lot of player to head to Myrtleford, Wang and Rovers now. Even if it’s just to have a run in the twos.

Most clubs would have a player or two who would add value to an o&m senior side, I’d expect these guys to get a warm welcome if they opt for a temporary shift. Also a lot of guys would add value to tdfl sides.
Current players are on 1 year contracts, so if they’re knocked back, they could take umbrage, and possibly leave before the next season starts anyway.
The second the other leagues confirm, clearances will start pushing through.

Good to see you were wrong again stevobruiser, bit like the rest of the things you have mentioned and predicted this year.
I was more responding to the remarks from an earlier post, that Josh was asked to stay on as a player and had been replaced as coach, Clearly that was pure bullshit, like most the things I read on here. He comes with out a lot of fanfare, very good player when he wants to be, Milawa will eventually try and poach him no doubt.

Last edited:
Will coaches be paid for any of the work they put in up to this point of the season? Will all coaches be continuing next year?

Will coaches be paid for any of the work they put in up to this point of the season? Will all coaches be continuing next year?

I know of 3 or 4 clubs who will be paying their coach around 30-40% of what they would’ve earned for the full season. Most coaches did 4-5 months worth of hard work before the season was called off so it’s only fitting.

See your mob is in the news again Stevo!! Looks like some former tigers have been naughty boys!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

f0006135bd651f5202761503bf74689b.jpg
e48f8836cd7862209a78b56ce9fbae56.jpg
6e8eb964d2f09d542b0cdc00b5593f4a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s stick to relevant football talk, it’s distasteful to joke about this, I know it’s hard for anyone associated with the Milawa FC to show some integrity, but let’s at least try.

Integrity? Coming from someone who talks more smack on here then anyone that’s a bit rich. If it was Milawa in the news like this you’d be all over it. You can’t have it both ways mate.

Let’s hope we are back to a twelve team Comp, that’s the most important thing for the league pressing on. If the premiership race is wide open, there will be a lot better crowds and more interest, let’s hope a few clubs strengthen up over this extended off season.

Speaking to a president from a Melbourne club and his worried about players wanting to get out of the city and play up the bush next year

Speaking to a president from a Melbourne club and his worried about players wanting to get out of the city and play up the bush next year
Won’t change a thing, if the price is right, which Milawa have shown it often is, they’re travelling anyway.

Alright blokes, in your expert opinions who would be your best home grown players in the last decade?
Players who started at your club either in the thirds or came from another league but played at your club under the age of 20 when they started.
Can be your own club or state who you think another clubs best homegrown players are

Alright blokes, in your expert opinions who would be your best home grown players in the last decade?
Players who started at your club either in the thirds or came from another league but played at your club under the age of 20 when they started.
Can be your own club or state who you think another clubs best homegrown players are
Do they have to be still playing at the club now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back