Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

How much is the cap?
So let's try work out some figures
Jamie Allan - $ 1200 ??? X 12 games =14400
Hughes, Moore and possibly Hicks minimum $500 a game X 12 = $18,000 and I'm sure all 3 would be more than $500.

There's $32k doesn't leave a whole lot more for Clarke, Newton and co plus the other 10 blokes to run out every week

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hearing Allan won’t play 12 this year. So that Might drop it down a bit. So tipping that’s how they can afford to add Moore. Also don’t think Hicks would get over the line. Hasn’t played for a long time.

Hearing Douthie to play 4 games for them to qualify for finals

I think that most teams would have 10 or so senior players who dont get paid a cent. If any club outside the top 3 is paying every senior player then that is just stupid and they shouldnt complain about not being able to compete with the big sides because they are just wasting money.

If Douthie also goes to Milawa it will just change them winning every game from 120 points to about 150. This season is a non event. No one will even be competitive with Milawa let alone have a close game.

Can you confirm its only 4 games, if so whats the point ?? Not sure the money is the issue on this one.. Rock up play 4 games for the year then put someone out of the finals whose played all year ??

Would only have to be 4 minimum. Dependent on work and body. Plus finals. Would end up being closer to 8-10 I’d reckon. Why doesn’t this happen at other clubs? A lot of good people on and off the field at Milawa. People are happy to “jump on” and join in the fun.

Would only have to be 4 minimum. Dependent on work and body. Plus finals. Would end up being closer to 8-10 I’d reckon. Why doesn’t this happen at other clubs? A lot of good people on and off the field at Milawa. People are happy to “jump on” and join in the fun.

So if you had a young fella out at Milawa and he played all year to miss the finals for someone who just Jumped on for 4 games, you'd be ok with that??

So if you had a young fella out at Milawa and he played all year to miss the finals for someone who just Jumped on for 4 games, as you put it, you'd be fine??

Wholly depends on what that said players impact is on the club. Some players have a genuine care about the club, even if they are there a short period of time. If he was to just turn up and play and leave then I’d be unhappy with it. In saying all this, he might end up just staying in Melbourne where he is coaching at a club anyway. I’m sure he will still get up and support his mates when he can.

Go Dees

Wholly depends on what that said players impact is on the club. Some players have a genuine care about the club, even if they are there a short period of time. If he was to just turn up and play and leave then I’d be unhappy with it. In saying all this, he might end up just staying in Melbourne where he is coaching at a club anyway. I’m sure he will still get up and support his mates when he can.

Go Dees

Id actually find it hard to believe someone would want to play only 4 games and put a guy out for finals thats played all year, but i must be old school

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back