Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to stimulate some discussion on here because it’s been pretty quiet this off season!

ins/outs (confirmed or rumour)
Milawa
Ins- H Moore (Tarra)
Outs- C Hughes ?

Bright
Ins - Moorecroft, Harrison

Outs - C Martin (Yack)

Tarra
Ins - ?
outs -
Moore (Milawa)
F Judd, J Amery, McCormick, Salmon (Wang)

King valley
Ins - ?
Outs - Bradley, Moyes, Bromley (Jindera) Witham (heard not playing)
Whorouly

Greta
Ins- Ralph, Giggins
Outs - ?

Moyhu
Ins - Knowles, Robbins, B Waite
Outs - ?

Benalla
Ins -
Outs -

Goorambat
Ins-
Outs-

Bonnie Doon
Ins -
Outs-

North Wang
Ins - J Warren, J Bihun, Catrona, F Elliott?
Outs- Kay, Oates

Trying to stimulate some discussion on here because it’s been pretty quiet this off season!

Milawa
Ins- H Moore (Tarra)
Outs- C Hughes ?

Bright

Outs - C Martin (Yack)

Tarra
Ins - ?
outs -
Moore (Milawa)

King valley
Ins - ?
Whorouly

Greta
Ins- Ralph, Giggins
Outs - ?

Moyhu
Outs - ?

Benalla
Ins -
Outs -

Goorambat
Ins-
Outs-

Bonnie Doon
Ins -
Outs-

North Wang
Outs- Kay, Oates

If Moore goes from Tarra to Milawa that would be a very ordinary look by him. And poor move for the league. If Milawa are taking good players from other clubs I think personally that is very ordinary. Dominate side then taking away other teams strengths. Shocking look I think.
And also very poor by Moore to go to another club in this league chasing money.

If Moore goes from Tarra to Milawa that would be a very ordinary look by him. And poor move for the league. If Milawa are taking good players from other clubs I think personally that is very ordinary. Dominate side then taking away other teams strengths. Shocking look I think.

Ordinary look? Has a good player never gone from one club to another before? Why would a club not try and recruit one of the best forwards in the league? Could he not be going for the chance at winning a flag? This is one of the stupidest things I’ve read. This would be one of the great recruiting moves in the last 20 years of the o and k if it happens.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ordinary look? Has a good player never gone from one club to another before? Why would a club not try and recruit one of the best forwards in the league? Could he not be going for the chance at winning a flag? This is one of the stupidest things I’ve read. This would be one of the great recruiting moves in the last 20 years of the o and k if it happens.

Don't read much?

I believe he has mates at both clubs so maybe wants to play with his mates from milawa which doesn’t surprise me after hearing of a few losses at the kennel.

Milawa
Ins- H Moore (Tarra)
Outs- C Hughes ?

Bright

Outs - C Martin (Yack)

Tarra
Ins - ?
outs -
Moore (Milawa)

King valley
Ins - ?
Whorouly

Greta
Ins- Ralph, Giggins
Outs - ?

Moyhu
Outs - ?

Benalla
Ins -
Outs -

Goorambat
Ins-
Outs-

Bonnie Doon
Ins -
Outs-

North Wang
Outs- Kay, Oates
Have heard Tarra have lost lots of players.

Aumann, Jack Amery, Hoggan, Judd, McCormick, Moore, Peters, Salmon, Thayer & Voight

Of course you are going to say that! You’re clearly a Milawa person as all your posts are sticking up for anything that anyone has an opinion on them.
Love your passion for your club.
And don’t disagree that it’s a good recruit although being one of the best in the last 20 years would be a stretch. I personally don’t think he would even be top 20 players that have been recruited to league in last 10 years let alone last 20.
Just an opinion but I don’t like to see players from other clubs go to the strongest Club. And once again it’s just an opinion but if he does win a flag there next year, which I’m sure they will again by even bigger margin than this year, I think it’s just an easy flag for him and can’t mean a hell of a lot. Good luck to him if he does it. Not something I like to see that’s all.

Of course you are going to say that! You’re clearly a Milawa person as all your posts are sticking up for anything that anyone has an opinion on them.
Love your passion for your club.
And don’t disagree that it’s a good recruit although being one of the best in the last 20 years would be a stretch. I personally don’t think he would even be top 20 players that have been recruited to league in last 10 years let alone last 20.
Just an opinion but I don’t like to see players from other clubs go to the strongest Club. And once again it’s just an opinion but if he does win a flag there next year, which I’m sure they will again by even bigger margin than this year, I think it’s just an easy flag for him and can’t mean a hell of a lot. Good luck to him if he does it. Not something I like to see that’s all.

I’m actually a Pies man at heart but have some mates out at Milawa so support them too. I just get sick of the tall poppy syndrome that happens on this page. Everyone is keen to get on and bash which ever side is going well. All the talk about Milawa paying heaps of coin when they have the same cap as everyone else is stupid. Might have been over exaggerating when I said one of the best recruits of the last 20 years but it would still be a massive recruit. If he was going to any other club but Milawa everyone would be saying what a good recruit it was by that club.
If he goes to Milawa and kicks a heap of goals then he’s earned a flag just as much as any other player. No flag is ever easy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually a Pies man at heart but have some mates out at Milawa so support them too. I just get sick of the talk poppy syndrome that happens on this page. Everyone is keep to get on and bash which ever side is going well. All the talk about Milawa paying heaps of coin when they have the same cap as everyone else is stupid. Might have been over exaggerating when I said one of the best recruits of the last 20 years but it would still be a massive recruit. If he was going to any other club but Milawa everyone would be saying what a good recruit it was by that club.
If he goes to Milawa and kicks a heap of goals then he’s earned a flag just as much as any other player. No flag is ever easy.

If you check my posts I think you’ll find I haven’t been bashing the sides that go well ever. Actually been respectful for what sides like Milawa, Tarra and Glenrowan did over the last decade.
My point with it was more about the player than the club.
that’s why there is no where near as much interest in country football anymore because players just freely move between clubs. So then you get one team that is dominate and the comp is just too predictable. I feel ovens and king has been like that for a few years now so people are losing interest. Apart from the people on here that post. I don’t think other than us there is a lot of interest. Crowds dropped right off and not as many people playing.
That was my point on why it’s an ordinary look.
If he doesn’t want to play at Tarra I’m sure he has mates at other clubs in other leagues he could play for. But if he does end up at Milawa I’m sure he will enjoy his success. Flags are hard for clubs to win but not for players who just go to the strongest club.

Maybe so, but it would be for a decent quid no doubt
[/QUOTE
Who cares if he is getting good coin. Every good player in the league is getting good coin(plus a few not so good). Personally I think we might get introduced to a couple of new forwards to the league that might surprise

If you check my posts I think you’ll find I haven’t been bashing the sides that go well ever. Actually been respectful for what sides like Milawa, Tarra and Glenrowan did over the last decade.
My point with it was more about the player than the club.
that’s why there is no where near as much interest in country football anymore because players just freely move between clubs. So then you get one team that is dominate and the comp is just too predictable. I feel ovens and king has been like that for a few years now so people are losing interest. Apart from the people on here that post. I don’t think other than us there is a lot of interest. Crowds dropped right off and not as many people playing.
That was my point on why it’s an ordinary look.
If he doesn’t want to play at Tarra I’m sure he has mates at other clubs in other leagues he could play for. But if he does end up at Milawa I’m sure he will enjoy his success. Flags are hard for clubs to win but not for players who just go to the strongest club.

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from but Milawa/ Tarra/ Glenny have all been through hard times and found it hard to recruit players too. They are now reaping the rewards of the hard work they put in during those rough years. I personally can’t blame a bloke for going to a strong club, we all play/ played footy for success after all.
I think the league is in trouble too, no thirds, struggling 2’s numbers, crowds non existent at times. I don’t know that a more even comp would help either. Just seems as thou people are getting less interested in country footy.

Just down the local and rumour has it Joel Bihun Dylan Cutrona and James Hooke have all bailed on North Wang and heading too Greta. Karl Norman and Bryce Ralph deciding factor. Wonder how this hurts The Hawks

grasshopper44 sounds like exactly that, a rumour!
I wouldn’t read to much into it as it sounds like bullshit to me.
Any other news floating around? Any news out of king valley? bright? Benalla?

Just down the local and rumour has it Joel Bihun Dylan Cutrona and James Hooke have all bailed on North Wang and heading too Greta. Karl Norman and Bryce Ralph deciding factor. Wonder how this hurts The Hawks
Haha and Dallas Colman has gone as well to coach there reserves

I see Moore’s signing with milawa is official. How’s any teams defence going to stop that forward line. Abit of a Kick in the guts for tarra

Similar to the money Sammy myors was on last year? The good culture up at valley wasn’t enough on top of the money to keep him for more then one season?

Very similar money! Don’t think he was ever going to stay for longer than a season, blokes like that don’t care much about the club they play for unfortunately, it must run in the family as Hamish couldn’t have cared too much about Tarra to jump ship. They made a big move with Myors and unfortunately they didn’t get to where they wanted to be, these things happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back