Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hung around after a few milawa games have you? Think you’ll find they all hang around because they actually like each other Unlike the idiots that played for your club stevo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Put it this way, I know a few players had to call past Bunnings and hire a trailer for the trek home, bulk shrapnel isn’t light.

money well spent if you look at their record over the last decade.
Their record in the last decade is 2 premierships, Tarra won just as many with out breaking the bank, and Glenrowan won 4 in that period. So I guess a good way to put it is, Milawa have won one more premiership than North Wang did in the past decade.

Their record in the last decade is 2 premierships, Tarra won just as many with out breaking the bank, and Glenrowan won 4 in that period. So I guess a good way to put it is, Milawa have won one more premiership than North Wang did in the past decade.
You would be a fool to think that Tarra didn’t break the bank to win their premierships, They have just been able to maintain their depth and keep the money coming in each year as have Milawa. Which is my point, if you can spend it and still keep the club afloat, and in contention most years then that’s money well spent. If you spend up big time win a flag then free fall, at the same time spend nothing on your facilities your in for tough times. Hence the NW and Glenrowan example

Can someone please tell me why the league has round one the same day as the local cricket grand final

Milawa vs Tarra on the Anzac weekend, would love to see Tarra tear them new rectums in front of a good crowd, I reckon that might be the case this year.

I’ve noticed a bit of a trend of good footballers who couldn’t coach a whore to choke on a hotdog getting appointed as coaches, what portion of their pay is outside the cap?

I’ve noticed a bit of a trend of good footballers who couldn’t coach a whore to choke on a hotdog getting appointed as coaches, what portion of their pay is outside the cap?
in the lead up to the 2020 O&M season all bar 1 team corowa if im not mistake had a playing coach or co-coach, due to if they did they would get an increase in salary cap by memory 10-20k a year just for having the title next to their name, not sure if there is/was a similar ruling in the o&k which may explain why these good players would get the job title

Hearing Jamie to co-coach Milawa, he’s going to do the half time speeches via zoom, and just play the small hand full of games to qualify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He trained with Moyhu tonight

Good try. How long it take you to make that up?
I was at a Moyhu training with my daughter because they had combined training and Matt Robinson was NOT there

Thought it was strange him training at Moyhu, most of these high priced players like taking the easy option of going to Tarra and Milawa instead of doing the hard yards and trying to build success at another cloub

Thought it was strange him training at Moyhu, most of these high priced players like taking the easy option of going to Tarra and Milawa instead of doing the hard yards and trying to build success at another cloub

Sounds like some soar grapes! Think some of the other clubs offer more money to “high” priced players in terms of Matt and other players.

Normo and Matt Robbo played a pivotal role in building a club from rock bottom; they’re older guys now, why would they want to be anchored to the cellar in their twilight years?
I agree it would be nice to see struggling clubs land these bigger name players but it is what it is.

Normo and Matt Robbo played a pivotal role in building a club from rock bottom; they’re older guys now, why would they want to be anchored to the cellar in their twilight years?
I agree it would be nice to see struggling clubs land these bigger name players but it is what it is.
Pivotal role in re-building what? Where is the club now only 2-3 years after they won these premierships...
Great clubs don’t just ‘fold’ and we all know that the re-building was all on the back of monetary assistance. Re-built clubs stay and don’t disappear.
They are ‘older guys’ now as you say...and because of their name they will get a game over a young player who is starting out..should that happen?

Pivotal role in re-building what? Where is the club now only 2-3 years after they won these premierships...
Great clubs don’t just ‘fold’ and we all know that the re-building was all on the back of monetary assistance. Re-built clubs stay and don’t disappear.
They are ‘older guys’ now as you say...and because of their name they will get a game over a young player who is starting out..should that happen?
Some valid points here although I question weather age matters in the slow & k league. Guys should be picked on form; if a 20 year old spud who still gets his mum to shampoo his hair is training hard and playing s**t why would you reward him? Dankys still a class above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back