Ovens & Murray discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Corowa has already lost 9 of their best 21 from last season. Bradtke, Wilson x2, Barrett, Saunders ,Lane, Robinson,Hansen just to name a few. With Dash and Frank Spencer walking away from the recruiting side of things the club will find it hard to retain their own players
Why the mass walk out?

Think we need to calm down a bit about struggling clubs. It will turn around in time. Ziebell is signing at Wodonga in 2024, that will spark them up and make them competitive at the top.
We harp on about the big three dominating and quickly forget Wang were perennial wooden spooners from the mid 80’s to 2004. Spent my whole childhood following opposition full forwards so we could get our hands on the sherrin.
Focus on getting the right people into the club and it can change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think we need to calm down a bit about struggling clubs. It will turn around in time. Ziebell is signing at Wodonga in 2024, that will spark them up and make them competitive at the top.
We harp on about the big three dominating and quickly forget Wang were perennial wooden spooners from the mid 80’s to 2004. Spent my whole childhood following opposition full forwards so we could get our hands on the sherrin.
Focus on getting the right people into the club and it can change

Wodonga could be a top 3 team this year, especially if they get turner late.

If Ellis yolmen stays for 3+ years at Raiders, you'd think they'll be back in finals.

The hardest places to get a coach is corowa and myrtleford, to entice someone to move their family there. What's the longest someone has stayed coaching at either club in the last 10 years?

The problem is for these places, kids move away when they're 18, and they rely on these guys travelling back each year and there's not many who move there in the footy playing age bracket

Yep I agree with the above. I’m really surprised by Myrtleford falling away. At one stage there it looked like they were going to be right in it for winning a flag. Bit of horrid luck with injury and a few players leaving and that run is seemingly over. Still plenty of time to get some players back and into there senior side. I heard Hourigan, Byrne and Wallace have all signed at Milawa. That hurts their depth a lot too

I heard a rumour that Seymour’s winter Irvine is heading up the highway. Can anyone on here put any truth to this rumour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHF / Ruck from Seymour I think, may even be their captain, not 100 per cent sure!

Would be a very handy pick up
A very good player. If true, he will be a handy inclusion for whoever picks him up.

A big lead up forward who will work up to the wing as a target if required. Has had some long term injuries but highly respected by opposition Clubs in the GVFL. Trust me. 😉

A very good player. If true, he will be a handy inclusion for whoever picks him up.

A big lead up forward who will work up to the wing as a target if required. Has had some long term injuries but highly respected by opposition Clubs in the GVFL. Trust me. 😉

Coming off a badly broken leg. Was a long way off his best when he returned last season, however another pre-season under his belt could get him back on track. True CHF, deft not a ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back