Ovens & Murray discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Why doesnt his old man, Derrick(one of the greats of Bendigo football) take him under his wing and show him right from wrong, Have seen Brodie play, he is a good player when on song.

Not sure they have much to do with each other…anyway surely a guy like Brodie who has made himself a somewhat professional regional footballer can turn up and do his job.

Clubs will be even more wary of him now though
There would still be clubs queuing up to take him if he gets the arse from rovers, Eaglehawk, Castlemaine, lake Boga would all have him no questions asked as would a number of clubs through the state

He's missed a game of football, why be so critical? His club will sort it out inhouse if need be, whoopy duck. This episode aside, not a lot of dedication being shown in a lot of leagues from well paid players. Know of several matchies not being paid just like this example. Life's different 2022?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's missed a game of football, why be so critical? His club will sort it out inhouse if need be, whoopy duck. This episode aside, not a lot of dedication being shown in a lot of leagues from well paid players. Know of several matchies not being paid just like this example. Life's different 2022?
Thanks captain big footy, it's the ovens and Murray league, semi professional league.
in my time in playing and watching country footy I haven't heard of something like this happening. Even when Feb had a few before interleague, he played.

It's fine if you wanna drink Friday before a game and not play, but don't expect to be paid to play footy, what would happen then if the club docks his match payments for a month?

Thanks captain big footy, it's the ovens and Murray league, semi professional league.
in my time in playing and watching country footy I haven't heard of something like this happening. Even when Feb had a few before interleague, he played.

It's fine if you wanna drink Friday before a game and not play, but don't expect to be paid to play footy, what would happen then if the club docks his match payments for a month?
Semi professional league? Blokes climbing off the couch at 40+ to help fill the reserve sides. Fev prior covid, cool. Keep playing/watching & report back. A month of payments would be fairly drastic!

Semi professional league? Blokes climbing off the couch at 40+ to help fill the reserve sides. Fev prior covid, cool. Keep playing/watching & report back. A month of payments would be fairly drastic!
It's clearly the best league outside of metro and Geelong, so I'd say that the senior games are pretty professional, not sure why you're bringing up reserves footy, when he missed a game of seniors.

If you're trying to win a flag, you need all players committed, not just attend and he didn't even do that, how do you get the trust back of the playing group, if it's alleged what occured happened?

I see there are no Myrtleford players in the interleague team. The report says unavailable. Do you think this could be a move or a commitment by the club to have everyone at their best for the regular season?

I see there are no Myrtleford players in the interleague team. The report says unavailable. Do you think this could be a move or a commitment by the club to have everyone at their best for the regular season?
bit selfish in my opinion if myrt have deliberately said no one can play interleague for their own benefit, all clubs should be wanting as many of their players to play in their leagues side to fly the flag against the gv

This is exactly why interleague is dead.
Best players don’t play.

Should be a requirement for clubs to at least have 2 representatives. Preferably the best two players.
For instance Callum Moore should be playing, I know Wang have a good representation but he is clearly the best forward in our league.

But the biggest issue is how do you get these guys to play, do the o&m force their hand and say they need a medical exemption?

This is exactly why interleague is dead.
Best players don’t play.

Should be a requirement for clubs to at least have 2 representatives. Preferably the best two players.
For instance Callum Moore should be playing, I know Wang have a good representation but he is clearly the best forward in our league.

But the biggest issue is how do you get these guys to play, do the o&m force their hand and say they need a medical exemption?
Murray not playing either is Simpson

Years ago before money was such a big factor in local footy the interleague squads of major leagues were predominantly made up of locals because they wanted to play at the higher level. Now that the league has so many big money players with AFL or State League experience the interleague doesn’t have the same appeal.

Years ago before money was such a big factor in local footy the interleague squads of major leagues were predominantly made up of locals because they wanted to play at the higher level. Now that the league has so many big money players with AFL or State League experience the interleague doesn’t have the same appeal.
And the game of football is all the worse for it.

Last edited:
Most clubs would pay for a good playing coach, with the rest locals playing for not much. They had pride in playing interleague, sadly like state of origin it's pretty well gone

Most clubs would pay for a good playing coach, with the rest locals playing for not much. They had pride in playing interleague, sadly like state of origin it's pretty well gone

As a young bloke there were two footy jumpers I wanted…my blue and gold Lalbert jumper and the Two Blues of the Mid Murray Football league.

Me and the old man would go to every interleague game to watch our Lalbert boys play in those matches

Murray not playing either is Simpson
I understand how individuals such as simpson an older bloke, injury prone, the coach of a top three side not wanting to put his hand up to play, but you can't tell me a top three side like myrtleford with the amount of young talent they have don't have a single player wanting to put their hat in the ring to play interleague football, speaks volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back