Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Played at Noosa Tigers last year. Got a mate of mine that played with him up there. More than a handy player.
70dd3ddab37a0d2801f42856463f156f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I didnt think the QAFL would be stronger than the O & M. Be interesting to see how he goes.

I didnt think the QAFL would be stronger than the O & M. Be interesting to see how he goes.
Often hard to compare standards however Lachy Flagg(ex raiders) played at Noosa this year and reckons standard very similar.Qafl much stronger over past couple of years due to being infiltrated by southerners due to covid.Remebeting also that this years Premiership Aspley were in vfl comp prior with a gaming venue that is exquisite.Primetrain very flashy but is a match winner.Can kick two or three goals in a quarter to win you a game which he did up here several times.He will bring more kids through the gates(and females) through his social media following which is a good thing! Made the qafl team of the year for second year in a row, finished 5 th in Noosas b and f and reckon the o and m will be another really good test for him.Terrific young fellla!

Will 2023 be the year major changes are made in Corowa area that were talked about a decade ago?
based on the high probability every club in that part of world will be no good.
it’s december and Corowa haven’t got a coach, nothing coming out of wahgunyah that says it’s going to be any better than s**t show of this year, Rutherglen and cdhbu average at best and wont be getting anywhere near Kiewa, chiltern, Barney, etc in TDFL and Holbrook, Osborne in Hume.

Will 2023 be the year major changes are made in Corowa area that were talked about a decade ago?
based on the high probability every club in that part of world will be no good.
it’s december and Corowa haven’t got a coach, nothing coming out of wahgunyah that says it’s going to be any better than s**t show of this year, Rutherglen and cdhbu average at best and wont be getting anywhere near Kiewa, chiltern, Barney, etc in TDFL and Holbrook, Osborne in Hume.
Might be wrong but hearing Cresswell will coach Corowa! Had a few Corowa boys up here for a 60 th last weekend and that was the word!

Gee whiz, more bad news out of Corowa. Hearing Cam Wilson has joined Yarrawonga

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Are Corowa in genuine danger of not playing this season? Not trying to be dramatic but currently they have no coach, players leaving and rooms damaged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be wrong but hearing Cresswell will coach Corowa! Had a few Corowa boys up here for a 60 th last weekend and that was the word!
Are Corowa in genuine danger of not playing this season? Not trying to be dramatic but currently they have no coach, players leaving and rooms damaged.
10-12 at training is hardly a promising start to pre season.
Hopefully an announcement soon on a Coach
You would have to think an internal appointment for now would be better than no appointment

Definitely a possibility by the looks, can clubs come back from that though?
Myrt also losing quite a few
Crisp x 2
Dussin
Martyn
Warnock
Waite
Simpson
Munro?
Griffen?

Do clubs care that they are going a long way to ruining the competition, corowa look stuffed, myrtleford might not be far behind, north Albury and Raiders are a long way back. The picking off of struggling clubs better players by the bigger clubs is occuring with reckless abandon to the detriment of the league

Do clubs care that they are going a long way to ruining the competition, corowa look stuffed, myrtleford might not be far behind, north Albury and Raiders are a long way back. The picking off of struggling clubs better players by the bigger clubs is occuring with reckless abandon to the detriment of the league
I’d say the answer is no.
The thing is the Players don’t have to say YES to rival Clubs so they are also part to Blame

Hear what you’re saying Trent but what do the big clubs do?🤷‍♂️Wang recruits makes Yarra recruit more which makes Albury and rovers go hard as they can, which in turn stuffs all poorer clubs, vicious cycle only way I see it is a massive points reduction for top 4 teams or 2 leagues join together and make a premier league. 🤷‍♂️

I’d say the answer is no.
The thing is the Players don’t have to say YES to rival Clubs so they are also part to Blame
What do they do, the stronger clubs can offer incentives outside footy and success, the points for players changing within leagues needs to be higher. It should be 4 points, with a point added for every position up the ladder they are, so most would be worth 10 points, not sure there'd be a problem then

What do they do, the stronger clubs can offer incentives outside footy and success, the points for players changing within leagues needs to be higher. It should be 4 points, with a point added for every position up the ladder they are, so most would be worth 10 points, not sure there'd be a problem then
No argument here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back