Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Right. And the young lady has no responsibility here? Sounds like the kid is better off without her and his team members
Just like Chicken Nixon, Stevie is no oil painting, but they both have a profile, young silly girls chasing money and a headline.

I was not privy to any of this, last news I’d heard was he’d set up a kicking for cancer charity to support kids, if this was a fraud scheme I’ll go confront him myself. He was signing autographs in Shepparton and put some piss over the bar in Benalla, I guess I can sympathise to a certain degree as Im a business mogul and somewhat of a womaniser myself, but I don’t condone some of his behaviour.
Lock up your grandmothers.

Anyone hearing the gossip out of Yarra?
Cam Wilson’s partner sleeping with other players footballers and netballers?
That can’t be good in the rooms
Big off season at Yarra
Let me get this right.
Camerons partner is sleeping with Footballers and Netballers!
Surely this is a Big Footy Pi$$ Take

There is player managers in country footy now, they have players on their books and help clubs recruit for a %. It's been happening at least 5 years.

I've Just read the last 3 pages, wow, we've got Wilson's partner, Geoff, chicken Nixon all shagging their way around the north-east of the state.

Rumours are after a couple of bottles of prosecco out glenrowan way, Geoff has throw you keys in bowl type parties, with chicken Nixon and the duck

There is player managers in country footy now, they have players on their books and help clubs recruit for a %. It's been happening at least 5 years.

I've Just read the last 3 pages, wow, we've got Wilson's partner, Geoff, chicken Nixon all shagging their way around the north-east of the state.

Rumours are after a couple of bottles of prosecco out glenrowan way, Geoff has throw you keys in bowl type parties, with chicken Nixon and the duck
trent , maybe throw in a couple of group 1 winning jockeys, a visa card , and some talcum powder? do no harm

Most clubs have list managers now, Jamie’s bombshell over a decade ago should never have happened, the leagues glamour boy gets away, could’ve knocked us over with a feather. Nowadays you sit him in a room and ask what can the club do for you, tickle the ego, maybe he stays, after all, he had plenty of mates at the Hawks.

Most clubs have list managers now, Jamie’s bombshell over a decade ago should never have happened, the leagues glamour boy gets away, could’ve knocked us over with a feather. Nowadays you sit him in a room and ask what can the club do for you, tickle the ego, maybe he stays, after all, he had plenty of mates at the Hawks.
u make a mistake once ? u make the same mistake twice, to quote mr Brunner , etc etc etc . do no harm

Last edited:
Jamie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to think might have been sucked in on spin about Roos recruiting “guru”. Crickets on the big name/s they desperately need. Eyebrows raised when Corowa junior Justin Lewis stays at Wang Rovers. Particularly given Talarico has come across to Roos from Rovers? Too many staying put or bypassing altogether on the move elsewhere. Lane, Wilson, Bradtke, Melksham for starters. And to boot Albury awaits in round one in front of a big “home” crowd.

Starting to think might have been sucked in on spin about Roos recruiting “guru”. Crickets on the big name/s they desperately need. Eyebrows raised when Corowa junior Justin Lewis stays at Wang Rovers. Particularly given Talarico has come across to Roos from Rovers? Too many staying put or bypassing altogether on the move elsewhere. Lane, Wilson, Bradtke, Melksham for starters. And to boot Albury awaits in round one in front of a big “home” crowd.
Where’s Bradtke off too?

I’m hearing that Talarico to the Roos has worked counterproductively to their aspirations of getting local talent back.

Whispers that he ran post-season ‘exit interviews’ with the 3rds group at Rovers where he actively tried to persuade many local and Corowa based players to follow him to C/R without having informed the club board or Senior coaching group that he had accepted a position at C/R.

Needless to say some very unimpressed officials and players at the nest, and subsequently some of Corowa’s best young talent that they would have had pencilled in to return are staying put at the City Oval e.g. Lewis, Finn Osborne, Riley Allan (Leo Dean Medallist), Tom Forrest

You build a club from the ground up, and if your best young local players don’t want to return, then that is alarm bells for me

Sour grapes as there was no senior position for him. Hearing Corowa are fuming about the possibility of playing Albury Round 1. But to be fair, after the season off I think Raiders are now a 10 goal better side and NA possibly a 15 goal better side. Myrt V Corowa might be a bit closer. I’ll throw a couple of thousand over the bar to play my part, Bedford will clear out the hotdogs and chips, they could still make some bread even with a lopsided result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back