Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting about Yarra. I saw during the week that Mulwala announced the signings of Connor Griffiths and Zech Cuppens, who would be two of Yarra’s better depth players. Is that the beginning of a bit of a walk out or just normal turnover at clubs? Also rumblings around the Sexton boys wanting out too.

By all reports from anyone who knows him is that Stevie J is a bit of a lunatic and has left collateral damage wherever he has gone over the journey. You wonder whether he is what Yarra really needs right now…
Heard it was a regular senior player. Nothing to do with the coach, unfortunately the issue is one played out many times at footy clubs.

Surely you jest Benchy. Kid has a VFL contract- he will play in the the Rovers side regardless of who is coach.
not saying count him out completely but Boyd, Hughes, Christie, Cooper and Hebron is tough competition when all available

$150 a game and petrol money do it??

Attachments

• E1CE5F94-B061-43F5-8435-3D39878E0831.jpeg
    E1CE5F94-B061-43F5-8435-3D39878E0831.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 229
Are points going to be an issue? Between Webb 4, Murray 4, Hughes 5 and THE PRIMETRAIN!!! 5. That’ll be 18 points of their allocated 40. 22 points left for 18 more players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And who among that group is a genuine match winner? Webb battled injury, Murray played mostly off halfback, can’t say I know a lot about the other 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who among that group is a genuine match winner? Webb battled injury, Murray played mostly off halfback, can’t say I know a lot about the other 2.

Murray has more than proved himself as a star of the O&M. Webb still needs to prove his worth, like the other two new signings

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Corowa contigent spent last week in Darwin hunting recruits. Be interesting if they land any

So a club that supposedly had three good recruits ready to go to add to a squad on the up under a former coach, but said no to that and no we don’t want you as coach any more is now hunting journeymen players in desperate attempt to field two teams?

Last edited:
So a club that supposedly had three good recruits ready to go to add to a squad on the up under a former coach, but said no is now hunting journeymen players in desperate attempt to field two teams?
My mail is they will be lucky to field one, let alone two sides with the precarious position the club is in. ’Fly in fly out’ recruits would be a stopgap measure and basically keep the doors of the club open for a little longer. There is a possibility the club may not be in a position to field any senior teams going by current numbers and those who have attended pre season training so far which has generally been in single figures.

It is a real pity as the senior coach appointment was a good one.

Desperate times call for very desperate measures…

Horlin - Smith lives in Sydney I believe. Don’t think he will be driving to Albury.
He does live in Sydney and certainly won’t be driving down to play. A number of clubs in the AFL Sydney competition spoke to him and couldn’t even get close to what Albury offered. The line about playing with a ‘newfound’ mate is absolute rubbish.

Will be clocking up a fair few frequent flier points during 2023 going by what I am told.

The inequities in the competition are becoming greater by the day. The competition is so predictable and I am confident most well informed scribes could pick the top 4 sides for 2023 now.

My mail is they will be lucky to field one, let alone two sides with the precarious position the club is in. ’Fly in fly out’ recruits would be a stopgap measure and basically keep the doors of the club open for a little longer. There is a possibility the club may not be in a position to field any senior teams going by current numbers and those who have attended pre season training so far which has generally been in single figures.

It is a real pity as the senior coach appointment was a good one.

Desperate times call for very desperate measures…
What has happened to all the 3rds kids who played in the Grand Final. You’d assume most were top age so ready to play at senior level.

He does live in Sydney and certainly won’t be driving down to play. A number of clubs in the AFL Sydney competition spoke to him and couldn’t even get close to what Albury offered. The line about playing with a ‘newfound’ mate is absolute rubbish.

Will be clocking up a fair few frequent flier points during 2023 going by what I am told.

The inequities in the competition are becoming greater by the day. The competition is so predictable and I am confident most well informed scribes could pick the top 4 sides for 2023 now.
Surely AFL Vic north east look into their salary, his flights have gotta be in the cap

Corowa Rutherglen will be in recess in 2023. Facilities are a no go and won’t be good to go for a long time yet , well after the season start. There is a number of 3rds footballers who are still of age at junior level who have been taken to Wangaratta and Lavington by their parents as they don’t want to be associated , some others poached by district clubs . It’s sad to see, but as I’ve touched on many of times before having a football department made up of people who have assaulted captains of district clubs, abused wives of players and are only worried about their own ego and image of “being in charge” is a terrible , terrible move in a community based town like Corowa Rutherglen . Footy is dying throughout country footy by the minute, “the cluster” has had many chances to try and work together to try and resolve the issue but now it’s a matter of clubs preying on others amongst the cluster to fall and try and succeed from that. No senior premierships have been won since 2006 in the cluster and there won’t be any success any time soon

Jesus some bombs in that post

It’s frustrating mate, the cold hard truth is that there isn’t enough “footballers “ in the area for 4 clubs. Last season , purely guessing cdhbu would’ve had 15/16 genuine HFL senior footballers each week, Rutherglen 8/10 and Wahgunyah 0 in the TDFL. That’s why we are seeing our good young kids move away or play at rival clubs. One instance , Ryan Garthwaite. Rod had him play all over the shop as he was talented but in his developmental years there was nothing for him at Corowa at times. One bush league, and a major league in Corowa is what needs to happen. It’s about bloody time the community works together to ensure future footballers and netballers have the best chance to become the best they can be, rant over
I don’t think it was the footy numbers he was referring to 😂 Wow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back