Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened at Nth Albury for all these players to leave

Like I mentioned in the thread about a month ago, I believe it is because they haven't paid alot of the players yet. As far as I was told a major sponsor has not paid up, so there is zero money in the football deprtment and hence why they have no had their AGM as yet. They don't want to stand up and say "Hi guys, thanks for coming, great year but we have no money and can't pay anyone.....WE ARE STUFFED"

As NOP also alluded to I think, I am not sure the coach is too happy, he likes his money of course, and it is hard to keep these players whom are on the move when they can't pay them for the work they already did last year. Unsure if that ends up with a change of coach before the season or not remains to be seen.

But all is not good a North Albury that's for sure!! Be interesting to see what comes of it all in the next month or so.

Like I mentioned in the thread about a month ago, I believe it is because they haven't paid alot of the players yet. As far as I was told a major sponsor has not paid up, so there is zero money in the football deprtment and hence why they have no had their AGM as yet. They don't want to stand up and say "Hi guys, thanks for coming, great year but we have no money and can't pay anyone.....WE ARE STUFFED"

As NOP also alluded to I think, I am not sure the coach is too happy, he likes his money of course, and it is hard to keep these players whom are on the move when they can't pay them for the work they already did last year. Unsure if that ends up with a change of coach before the season or not remains to be seen.

But all is not good a North Albury that's for sure!! Be interesting to see what comes of it all in the next month or so.
if this is the case the people running the footy club need to stand up and take responsibility for where the place is at.It sounds like the need a fresh approach...get people in that can do the job..that place and what they have at there disposal should not be in the position it's in. Get the off field stuff right because they ain't going anywhere until they do.

if this is the case the people running the footy club need to stand up and take responsibility for where the place is at.It sounds like the need a fresh approach...get people in that can do the job..that place and what they have at there disposal should not be in the position it's in. Get the off field stuff right because they ain't going anywhere until they do.

According to the paper, the president Paul Spencer is stepping down at the AGM. That's a start.

Is the sponsor that hasn't paid the same one that never paid the Western Bulldogs and is suing the Australian Government for $7 billion.
He sounds like a bit of a tosser and promised plenty.
Paul Spencer seems like a pretty decent bloke and it is easy to take pot shots at committee people at games we have played at Nth i have seen Paul working the BBQ maybe a few more so called Nth Supporters need to put their hands up and help out before it is too late

Is the sponsor that hasn't paid the same one that never paid the Western Bulldogs and is suing the Australian Government for $7 billion.
Paul Spencer seems like a pretty decent bloke and it is easy to take pot shots at committee people at games we have played at Nth i have seen Paul working the BBQ maybe a few more so called Nth Supporters need to put their hands up and help out before it is too late

Yes apparently so. Sued the Govt. for reportedly that figure and lost THE CONTEST in the courts in July 2013 after spruking off he would win the contest hands down and promising big bucks to the club. I know who he is, but decline to name him, ( im sure most of the supporters of the league know who he is.)Appears like very troubled times at the Hoppers den.

That's the worst piece of journalism I've read for years. I have no affilliation with any club in the O and M so there is no interest here other than the fact that this is a pathetic cheap shot at a club which is going through some off field dramas. This guy is obviously the one who got the no comment from the Hopper official and has given Border Mail readers his opinion. This piece totally lacks objectivity and impartiality

That's the worst piece of journalism I've read for years. I have no affilliation with any club in the O and M so there is no interest here other than the fact that this is a pathetic cheap shot at a club which is going through some off field dramas. This guy is obviously the one who got the no comment from the Hopper official and has given Border Mail readers his opinion. This piece totally lacks objectivity and impartiality
Agree,
terrible reporting by the Border Mail reporter.Talk about kicking them when their down.!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think there us anything wrong with a bloke expressing his opinion and that is all kolhagen has done here, probably doesn't warrant back page news though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

the whole committee work the bums off..no one said they didn't. .maybe the place needs a fresh approach because obviously somethings going wrong down there.Footy clubs take hard work and long hours to run and sometimes change and fresh approach is a good thing.

I think its great journalism as this w***er is the first to pot off other clubs yet when it comes to his own club he cant comment. the club owe players money from last year so its only stating the facts so cant see anything wrong with that. perhaps aka should worry about what is happening in his own back yard from now on and forget about whats going on and other clubs for once. Its funny how he loves bagging other clubs but when his own club needs someone to steady the ship he goes missing.

Yes apparently so. Sued the Govt. for reportedly that figure and lost THE CONTEST in the courts in July 2013 after spruking off he would win the contest hands down and promising big bucks to the club. I know who he is, but decline to name him, ( im sure most of the supporters of the league know who he is.)Appears like very troubled times at the Hoppers den.

Call me captain obvious, but this 'big sponsor' may have promised big bucks but isn't it the failure of the committee that they spent the money before they had it??

Call me captain obvious, but this 'big sponsor' may have promised big bucks but isn't it the failure of the committee that they spent the money before they had it??
A lot of clubs spend the sponsorship before it comes in. Some sponsors will often wait until close to the end of the financial year to before paying. Sometimes it's hard to look a gift horse in the mouth, just ask all of Dollar Bill Vlahous' former mates.

I hope Raiders haven't payed over the odds for Duncan! Probably wont matter anyway unless they will pay him to play in the reserves. Was OK in a terrible side in the GV, cant imagine he'd be playing much in the late game in the O&M - especially if Raiders are going to improve like they're saying
What a joke, Kasey Duncan should not be announced as a recruit. Watched him play this season and he would have been in the bottom 3 for Euroa both times. If he is playing for more than base payments they will be ripped off!

Visser will be a gun, understand from reading the paper that Benalla had a go at him. Best of luck to the young kid.
Bit rough I reckon, ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back