Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry and you are correct, it was Raph that was mentioned, forgot there was 2 of them. Sounds unlikely either way cause I was told this Clarke lived in Melbourne.

Anyone know what a full forward like Eagle would earn a game if 2 clubs are cpmpeting for his services. I reckon with his history he would kick close to 100 in a good side in the O & M. Would that earn him $1,500 a game?? More?? Its quite crazy now days to be honest but very good forwards who kick plenty are hard to find.
Kevin Known,
$1500 a game for a full forward of this quality is real... Reports earlier in the season was that Eagle was getting $2000 a game at Shepp. United.How accurate or inaccurate this is, I don't know....as figures tend to get blown out of the water sometimes.But with his track history, surely it would be around $1500 a game.

I think you'll find the majority of those players approached Tigerland and are on less $ then they were at their previous clubs, Shir included. Not even your club would turn anyone especially of that calibre down. So before you know the facts stop firing unwarranted shots. Jealousy can be a cruel thing but its just best to hold it in sometimes. I'm assuming you're heavily involved with Lavi too as your location is LPO? Lavi being one of the 6 clubs that paid lots of money for a couple of big name duds from a state league. Look where they finished, lower then they did the previous year. They could definitely learn a thing or two from Albury and Yarrawonga and how they run their clubs. Albury vs Yarra granny '13. Best rivalry of all time.

I think you'll find eagle, o'hara and the o'halpin boys have prob approached the tigers themselves and would all be on less money than they were at their previous clubs!

I think you'll find eagle, o'hara and the o'halpin boys have prob approached the tigers themselves and would all be on less money than they were at their previous clubs!

I don't mean to be rude but take your hand off it those players you have just mentioned would and will be getting huge dollars and good luck to them.
This price war for players will go on and on until administrators all over the state decide to stop paying.
Tigers have the dosh good luck to them i bet every other club would be doing the same thing if they had the money.
Tired of everyone bitching bout the tigers and the pigeons best games of footy i have watched for years.
People travel from Melbourne to watch these games.

Kevin Known,
$1500 a game for a full forward of this quality is real... Reports earlier in the season was that Eagle was getting $2000 a game at Shepp. United.How accurate or inaccurate this is, I don't know....as figures tend to get blown out of the water sometimes.But with his track history, surely it would be around $1500 a game.

Thanks mate. To be honest in this market of country footballers I think $1,500 for a really (really) good forward is about fair, $2,000 is on the high side in my opinion but as always if clubs offer it and the player delivers well good luck to all and players surely won't say no to a big buck. Considering I was a pretty average midfielder in my days I wouldn't know what it is like to strap on the boots knowing I was going to score more than most peoples weekly wage each week to average about 12 touches a game :D

Raiders doing a good job currently, but still behind the big 3..... well definately behind the big 2.

Interesting $'s. Few very good players at southern end clubs not even close to this.
Obviously pretty good team players. maybe that's why they are so good .
Juddy porter must get a pretty good meat tray from felix each week to make up the difference

I don't mean to be rude but take your hand off it those players you have just mentioned would and will be getting huge dollars and good luck to them.
This price war for players will go on and on until administrators all over the state decide to stop paying.
Tigers have the dosh good luck to them i bet every other club would be doing the same thing if they had the money.
Tired of everyone bitching bout the tigers and the pigeons best games of footy i have watched for years.
People travel from Melbourne to watch these games.

I was taking the p!ss. It was a quote from the first page of this 2013 thread.

I think you'll find eagle, o'hara and the o'halpin bys have prob approached the tigers themselves and would all be on less money than they were at their previous clubs!
Head16,
I think it more comes from connections,, ie for eg, Eagle is great mates with Justin Carey ( ex Albury player and Andy Careys brother. Justin left Albury to play along side Eagle at Shepp United in 2013.)
The irish boys are great mates with ex Sydney Swans player Ty Kenally, whom has a strong connection with Albury.
And the gun SANFL player in O hara, has family connections in Albury.
Thus I feel its a matter of connections/referrals more then anything. Also, as a footballer it is always ones ambition to play in a premiership side, and this is another reason that the Albury and Yarrawonga clubs have the ability to attract these quality players .These 2 clubs have become role models in how to run the club as a professional business unit.... you've got to take your hat off to them.!!!

To add...,success breeds success. Albury and Yarra now have more sponsors, members, bigger gate takings, which flows onto revenue from the bar, kiosk, after match function, raffles and social club events.Thus they are financial enough to pay good money to players.( its not Joss and Brear forking out.)
Even more impressive is the fact they have also concentrated developing their youngsters.... eg, its been a long time since the Albury thirds had success, but they do now...) locking in a growth plan to ensure continual success in the future.The culture at these 2 clubs is now so well entrenched its not funny.

Head16,
I think it more comes from connections,, ie for eg, Eagle is great mates with Justin Carey ( ex Albury player and Andy Careys brother. Justin left Albury to play along side Eagle at Shepp United in 2013.)
The irish boys are great mates with ex Sydney Swans player Ty Kenally, whom has a strong connection with Albury.
And the gun SANFL player in O hara, has family connections in Albury.
Thus I feel its a matter of connections/referrals more then anything. Also, as a footballer it is always ones ambition to play in a premiership side, and this is another reason that the Albury and Yarrawonga clubs have the ability to attract these quality players .These 2 clubs have become role models in how to run the club as a professional business unit.... you've got to take your hat off to them.!!!

Thanks! Once again, I was simply taking the p!ss. I don't actually think any of these players walked through the door nor do I think they are on less money. I understand there are connections that have linked these blokes to Albury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the Bordermail report on Rovers 2 signings havent done their research....Bit of overkill in the report....Lachie Dornauf yes agree good player, agree made the grand final, agree won the medal...What they didnt say was that it was in the 3rd Division and only 6 sides in that division....Dont get me wrong saw him play and is a good player but to put that in gives a false impression. And to say level is equivalent to Murray League...PLEASE.. Tocumwal would be a chance to win the Premiership in that Division..

Surely the Bordermail report on Rovers 2 signings havent done their research....Bit of overkill in the report....Lachie Dornauf yes agree good player, agree made the grand final, agree won the medal...What they didnt say was that it was in the 3rd Division and only 6 sides in that division....Dont get me wrong saw him play and is a good player but to put that in gives a false impression. And to say level is equivalent to Murray League...PLEASE.. Tocumwal would be a chance to win the Premiership in that Division..

Rovers recruiting has been terrible. a lot of money has been spent on these players who are very unlikely of delivering much at all!

Rovers recruiting has been terrible. a lot of money has been spent on these players who are very unlikely of delivering much at all!

Agree, like I posted a while back to me it seems like top 3 teams recruiting strongly and specifically at the absolute top end, where as all others are getting depth recruits. Now Jolly being seriously mentioned at Albury. Considering they recruited a top ruckman last year unsure where they can fit them all in if it infact happened.

Albury to have the #1 &#2 ruck men in the league, when they reveal Darren Jolly as there newest recruit at the Xmas party on Thursday!

He would have had to be pushed out the way, but why??? Have they got someone to jump into his postion?? Surely Klemke cant do it on his own.
Interesting to see what comes of this.

You can only imagine he was pushed, I was totally amazed when he got the job last year and the results that followed were expected on field after the appointment. However, his and their recruiting this year to date has been very solid for a rebuilding side, so the timing is amazing. I agree that surely there is no way Klemke could do it on his own, and you can only hope there is a plan in the wings.

Mind you just thinking back a little - Trent Castles was signed on as an assistant coach for about a month and walked out, now this. It is quite bizzare really.

Anyone got any info on how Trent Rutherford goes, my club in Melbourne just signed him, heard he is a massive unit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back