Over 50's Clique - Nostalgia, Memorabilia, Reflection and Opinion for the Mature Lion.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I survived-
GargantuanShortGrayfox-max-1mb.gif

The Over 50’s Clique officially endorses the selection of Ryan Lester. 👍
The minutes have been updated to show that DERRINALPHIL “abstained” after the motion endorsing the selection of Ryan Lester was moved. The motion was moved by Dylan12 and seconded by 3KZ is Football and passed without debate. The minutes record 15 “for”, none “against” and one “abstention,” although this may not be entirely accurate because a number of voting members were observed to be sleeping during the voting stage. Still the outcome reflects the sentiments of the meeting.

Footage of Graham Teasdale being a weak dog at the 4.11 mark of this great interview. At the game and it happened right in front of us. He got 5 weeks and I think he got off lightly.

This deserves a special placement in this thread:

This Over 50's Clique should be proud sponsors of Ryan, although they are endorses of him unreservedly and / or driving the bandwagon. ;)

Here here! It actually reflects the fact that just about all of us have watched decades more football and are better judges of footballers than a minority of overly vocal numbskulls who stink it up on our main board.

We won’t get to see Fitzroy this year as VAFA cancels season 2020. Feel for the club and the players, but it is the right decision under the circumstances.
Real shame. At least we won't get relegated!

MacMum I saw your post about missing your mother's birthday and I hope in some way you will be able to make it. I am also wondering when I will see my parents (also elderly) and family again (most live in Victoria and a few in Tasmania).

3KZ is Football Dylan12 DERRINALPHIL and others. Keep safe if you're in lockdown!

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks so much MSB ROYS for your kind thoughts. I'm sorry to hear of your situation as well, with your parents and family, it certainly is concerning times for all of us with elderly parent/s.

On reflection I have been lucky enough to still be able to go and see mum even though her aged care place has had very strict visiting rules. A lot of people with a parent in care haven't been able to be with them at all, and then there is you, through distance, haven't been able to see yours. That is a lot more worrying than the situation I'm in...I feel for you and hope your family comes through this crappy virus/lockdown fighting fit...

I posted that other post not long after finding out we were back in lockdown and I was fired up and angry at the world right then. We are a low key couple, keep much to ourselves these days, did everything correctly during the last lockdown only for selfish deadheads, some who think the virus is a hoax, others blaming 5G and then others who think it was their god given right to do as they please, regardless of others, to send us back into lockdown again....only this time for 6wks!

...sorry I'm off on a tangent again:$

Please take care of yourself, keep in touch with your family regularly, its about all we can do right now and wait until this thing finally goes away..

..in the meantime I've told mum she is to behave herself and not to fall off her perch yet!! (my grandson was the first one to say that to her (he's 27) she couldn't stop laughing:))

Stay safe one and all, our Lions also need us😷:praying:😍

Back