over the top celebration between white and cox?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal celebrations have been an issue for a few years now. We've had to endure Faz's early days of egocentric celebrations. Then we've had Elliott and Broomhead looking like they are about to cry. Now this. It's an outrage. We've been crying out for a celebrations coach for years. Stuff the coaching tax. Get your checkbook out Eddie.

I know it's a bit counter to modern practices, but maybe we could bring back the playing coach. I'm a big fan of Crisp's fist pumps, reckon he could teach the boys a thing or two about how it's done.

Big. Fricken'. Deal.

People are offended far too easily.

It was great and the commentators were just being dicks.

Not much different than many other celebrations you see multiple times a games when players are (rightfully) excited at the goal theyve just scored.
If he wasnt american we wouldnt have heard a word about it.

Its actually great seeing the boys enjoying playing footy for a change.

a bit of seppo carry on but not the end of the world - at least they had something to celebrate.... unlike previous weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our boys just can't seem to do anything right.....not even the way they celebrate.

I'd drop them both!

A simple chest bump is apparently over the top now hey? It was no worse than Didak's shimmy, or any other goal celebration from any other player I've seen. And how on earth could we get crucified for it? "HOW DARE COLLINGWOOD PLAYERS CELEBRATE A GOAL TOGETHER DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN A PAT ON THE HEAD AND HIGH FIVE!!!"

I mean, really? Surely we have bigger things to worry about than Cox and White having a bit of fun celebrating a goal...

High fives? American cultural import. Nix that too!

Disgraceful display of enthusiasm and enjoyment. They should both be dropped for that. Jamie Elliot to teach them how to celebrate goals in future.
Elliott still far too jovial. Need to take a leaf from Tim Broomheads book and look like someone just died.

Well from memory the goal put us 41 points up in the 2nd term which is plenty of time to catch up in a game these days and we had been out of form . the first thing i thought when i saw it was brisbane is going to catch up from here and a headline with a photo of that celebration saying "Did the pies get ahead of themselves". if they did that say last qtr of a final it would be fine and also i like the shimmy or any celebration but that goal was a straight in front easy goal no where near as good as the goal didak kicked for the shimmy
By that logic no player should ever celebrate a goal unless the game is effectively over.

Ffs, it wasn't even over the top. Stop acting like they were carrying on like idiots.

one step too far......
Just imagine the reaction if two players did a full on tongue kiss
Dare say, would be front page news.

Re mason celebrating, go for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back