Overdue - time for federal government to ban sports betting ads

Remove this Banner Ad

It's extremely unlikely it would be flat out banned as there's too much $$$ at stake but i'd really like the ads to be toned down with it's regularity.
It doesn't sit well with me watching a game and constantly having the ads shoved in my face and even pre game it puts the conversation on the betting odds and multi prospects rather than the game itself.

they banned betting updates during the game didn't they? why not ban it entirelly. Its a blight.

I didn’t mind Nathan Brown and Dale Thomas as players but every time I see them spruiking betting odds on Foxtel I seriously want to punch them in the face. Surely as ex players and industry insiders they can find a better living than getting young people hooked on gambling.

Gambling company logos are all over the EPL shirts.

At least there is a push to ban it.

It’s the integration in to all forms of football media here, including the AFL website, that is most insidious

And if you keep winning they ban you, no explanation nothing, just account no longer active.
Disgusting..

The Betting Companies don't want people on their books who win consistently, there only after those that gamble on impulse with no method and or thought behind their betting patterns, those that chase their losses until they have no more money to chase with until next pay day or next loan gets approved.
A more unfair business model you will not see considering they bombard and seduce the public with advertising campaigns that promote the thrill of winning but then ban those people that consistently win...ankles the lot of them (lower than c#nts).

I didn’t mind Nathan Brown and Dale Thomas as players but every time I see them spruiking betting odds on Foxtel I seriously want to punch them in the face. Surely as ex players and industry insiders they can find a better living than getting young people hooked on gambling.
I agree, I can't stand listening to these sellouts jam betting odds and hot tips down everyone's throats constantly. Nathan Brown doesn't seem like too bad of a guy but you instantly lose respect for them when they take on these roles to the detriment of the fans and everyone who loves footy. it's embarrassing for them and it's embarrassing for the afl (I know they don't care because money, but they should).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back