Universal Love Overlooked/unheralded moments from the GF

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Having the ball in our hands as the siren went was absolutely amazing. Watching the rest of the team hugging in a pile off to the side while TMac running up like slotting the goal would have won us the cup was a fantastic moment to have too.
Yeah, two bozos on the ABC were more or less mystified that McDonald took the shot rather than just chuck the ball in the air and celebrate. I loved that he took it and kicked the goal, ruthless to the last.

Yeah, two bozos on the ABC were more or less mystified that McDonald took the shot rather than just chuck the ball in the air and celebrate. I loved that he took it and kicked the goal, ruthless to the last.
On an individual level you’re much more likely to be remembered for drilling one after the siren. Also a good test for the nerves, to be so composed.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep. I’m sure Fritta pays more attention to online forums than his coaches and fellow players 🥴

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, he pays attention to coaches, of course; but that doesn't always deliver, on its own. But some stinging critique helps to jolt the ego, and the mind.

I did it with Gawny some years back, when he was just treading water, and being the class clown.

I did it with Petracca a couple of seasons back, to jolt him into a hopefully new perspective, after he was nowhere near fit enough, and he thought he was doing fine.
And I did it with Oliver last year, and again this season, as you guys know, ending up with Gaddy Lyon and other media burbs analysing his game, and his wastefulness with the ball, together with his lack of carrying the ball.

I did it face to face with mark Jamar years back at Port Melbourne, just prior to his breakout form.

Brad Green face to face, the season after the 2000 shemozzle and told him to toughen-up, and one day he could become captain... And some others along the journey...

I did it with p giles and the team once, face to face, during '86... culminating in the '87 night flag. And many other things along the way, in anonymous obscurity. Including having words with BTaylor, that fateful season.

I've spent time inner sanctum, and know them all from some time back.

Last edited:

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, he pays attention to coaches, of course; but that doesn't always deliver, on its own. But some stinging critique helps to jolt the ego, and the mind.

I did it with Gawny some years back, when he was just treading water, and being the class clown.

I did it with Petracca a couple of seasons back, to jolt him into a hopefully new perspective, after he was nowhere near fit enough, and he thought he was doing fine.
And I did it with Oliver last year, and again this season, as you guys know, ending up with Gaddy Lyon and other media burbs analysing his game, and his wastefulness with the ball, together with his lack of carrying the ball.

I did it face to face with mark Jamar years back at Port Melbourne, just prior to his breakout form.

Brad Green face to face, the season after the 2000 shemozzle and told him to toughen-up, and one day he could become captain... And some others along the journey...

I did it with p giles and the team once, face to face, during '86... culminating in the '87 night flag. And many other things along the way, in anonymous obscurity. Including having words with BTaylor, that fateful season.

Is this suddenly the Loony Bin thread?

SugarHealey when a player becomes a gun:
1160955.jpg

Lol. Can we all now claim we inspired the club to greatness by potting them on online forums back in the day?

What a way to warp the humble brag thread. Being completely and utterly wrong but giving yourself a pat on the back anyway.

In late 2011 I was at a function with Chris Scott, after their flag, where I said the Cats are s**t and wouldn't win squat for yonks.

Under my breath.

Because I was working as a waiter.

I look forward to your thanks for banishing the Cats from GF successf or the past decade.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Any reason you never made time for one of these conversations with omac? Real opportunity missed there mate.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Back