Overrated and underrated players in 2016 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall overrated.

Whenever I've seen him play he's done pretty much nothing for the whole game except for one or two flashy/good things. Added to that is the fact he's so skinny and has such narrow shoulders, which has me doubting he'll ever bulk up much.

Taranto underrated. His numbers and attributes make me think Jimmy Bartel.

Ainsworth underrated by many although still voted highly

Whaaaa? He's pretty much considered a top 10 pick by everyone, and some have him as high as 2. Only reason he's slipped in some peoples minds is that his season finished before some of the other top prospects and he's sort of become the forgotten man. Wait until next weekends game.

SPS was talked up as a likely number 1 pick and got no where near that standard.
Has just shown flashes of talent this year, but is a lock to go top 10.

Dylan Clarke I can't work out why this kid isn't getting more hype. He is a much better player then Ryan and I rate Ryan as a player.
He is a absolute beast at the clearances, good size at 188cm, clean hands, wins heaps of contested footy, tackles really well and has a pretty decent left boot for an inside mid.
Think he is the 2nd best clearance player of this draft class and is not that far off Brodie.
IMO should be a lock for a top 10 pick, but late 1st to early 2nd seems to be the consensus range.

Whaaaa? He's pretty much considered a top 10 pick by everyone, and some have him as high as 2. Only reason he's slipped in some peoples minds is that his season finished before some of the other top prospects and he's sort of become the forgotten man. Wait until next weekends game.
Plenty of guys especially in our board seem to think he's not that good and he should be overlooked because of his attitude.
Pure talent he's one of the best

Plenty of guys especially in our board seem to think he's not that good and he should be overlooked because of his attitude.
Pure talent he's one of the best
What attitude.

Might be worth reading my recent little discussion with Knightmare on his thread.

Got suspended for a month earlier in the year for whacking blokes which is poor at u/18 level.
lol really must be the only page that is worried over that. That's a learning experience for most kids. I thought some one must have some inside dirt. Always a well spoken kid when interviewed.

SPS was talked up as a likely number 1 pick and got no where near that standard.

Dylan Clarke I can't work out why this kid isn't getting more hype. He is a much better player then Ryan and I rate Ryan as a player.
He is a absolute beast at the clearances, good size at 188cm, clean hands, wins heaps of contested footy, tackles really well and has a pretty decent left boot for an inside mid.
Think he is the 2nd best clearance player of this draft class and is not that far off Brodie.
IMO should be a lock for a top 10 pick, but late 1st to early 2nd seems to be the consensus range.
North must never again split up brothers;). I love Ryan as a player, a quick, hard running in and out type of midfielder that we have been screaming out for years.

Watching Will Brodie live his foot skills are a serious issue. I don't understand how a player can be rated so highly when he can't do a fundamental skill required in the game.

Watching Will Brodie live his foot skills are a serious issue. I don't understand how a player can be rated so highly when he can't do a fundamental skill required in the game.

The last 3 Brownlow Medalists are Priddis, Fyfe and Dangerfield. None of them are what you'd class as elite kicks, with the first two probably being passable at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last 3 Brownlow Medalists are Priddis, Fyfe and Dangerfield. None of them are what you'd class as elite kicks, with the first two probably being passable at best.
Priddis is an excellent disposer of the ball, Dangerfield can kick the ball 60+ so his disposal is irrelevant when he's gaining 100+ meters per disposal. Fyfe raised his disposal from 55% to 67% when he won the brownlow, which is actually above the competition average. Brodie is 189cm so he is no where near Fyfe's size inside a stoppage, nor is he anywhere near as clean as Priddis or has the explosiveness as Dangerfield.

Shhhh. Exactly where I want him

Interesting that Brodie has only had one game of over 30 disposals out of the 34 games of his that have been covered by Champion Data (and that game was in the U16's), according to a TAC Cup GF preview article on Fox Sports the other day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=d764efd0b70ae6f719ee172dab13dccd-1474944066

Yeah. Think if your taking Brodie with a high pick its for his clearance work and contested ball winning ability.
He may not be super prolific, but he still gets high clearance and contested possession numbers.

Haven't seem Dylan play much other than a few highlights. But from player reports, I was made to believe in thinking that Dylan doesn't possess the same quickness as his brother? Hence only really an inside player. While Ryan is both inside/outside.
Is he just Ryan Clarke without the speed?

I'm not completely sold on Ainsworth - think he will be a KFC slider this year. Small marking forwards really don't go that early.
I haven't seen too much of him but from what I've seen, Jonty Scharenberg possesses a terrible kick of the ball; shouldn't go near the first round.

I like Kobe Mutch from the Giants' academy. Very capable both inside and outside similar to Steele Sidebottom and possesses a nice kick.

Can only comment on what I've seen so strictly wa prospects.

Seen Bailey Banfield play on a few occasions great size hard at it and produced at all levels. Could almost make an agruement that he's wa's best preformed mid.

sPP is the other absolutely love the look of him high impact to possessions type. Teams will regret not picking him up IMO.

And overrated for me has to be Tim English. Nice skills for a big fella desperately unsized for a ruck man thought and will suffer from the josh fraziers.

On the Essendon board Brodie is criminally underrated. The McCluggage fanbois always talk him down.
agree. I'm happy to let 1 go if we can get 5 and still get him.
Add Taranto as well and our midfield is going to look epic.
Clarke on talent.
scharenberg doesnt get a lot of attention either. should be a top 10 pick, possibly higher
Scrimshaw too.

don't think anyone is over-rated. generally someone bolts over the next couple of weeks and people lose their minds.
Nakia, perfect example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back