Overrated and underrated players in 2016 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seem Dylan play much other than a few highlights. But from player reports, I was made to believe in thinking that Dylan doesn't possess the same quickness as his brother? Hence only really an inside player. While Ryan is both inside/outside.
Is he just Ryan Clarke without the speed?

Think Dylan is more your contested ball and clearance beast, also has a reasonable left boot for an inside mid.
Ryan words " my younger brother is in a better position then I was in my draft year. "
Think he means Dylan is looking like a first round pick, were Ryan was always predicted to go around the 2nd round.

Priddis is an excellent disposer of the ball, Dangerfield can kick the ball 60+ so his disposal is irrelevant when he's gaining 100+ meters per disposal. Fyfe raised his disposal from 55% to 67% when he won the brownlow, which is actually above the competition average. Brodie is 189cm so he is no where near Fyfe's size inside a stoppage, nor is he anywhere near as clean as Priddis or has the explosiveness as Dangerfield.
189cm not near 190cm??????

Think jeremy goddard is the most underrated player in this draft crop. Easily the best ruckman in this pool. English has a big bad case of gorringe about him and i think will likely be a bust. Goddard will be a beast and is both very aggressive and a very good tap ruckman for his age.

Of the WA players (the ones i watch most) Goddard, Fisher, SPP and Waterman are underrated while English is the most overrated player in the draft imo while SPS and Bolton are both overrated imo as well. I'd probably take Ryan over Bolton at this stage.

I love Powell-Pepper as his best he is bloody insane, Ainsworth is bloody good at times also, they just need consistency.
Scharenberg, Clarke & Lyons are consistently very good players, just not game breakers like the 2 above.
Graham should be spoken about more then he has been

These 6 could become the steals of this draft.

Garthwaite looks solid as a rock, but keep in mind the tall forwards look pretty pathetic.

Overrated is Jarman, Brayshaw I can't see anything in them at all.

Last edited:
Zac Fisher is underrated - on the smaller side, but puts his body on the line and is good around stoppages. Have heard from people close to him that carlton are interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Fisher and Jack Graham really underrated. Dont worry about Fishers size, hes going to be a good player. And its just glossed over the fact that Graham won the Larke medal.

Bailey Banfield Eagle father son I believe, just flying under the radar nicely for WC, I don't know much about him but know he is going really well.

Brad Scheer - definitely underrated !
Not in todays game - so not in top 50...???
Suns laughing all the way to the bank.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back